rumor of the 4th playable character being your multi?

#1Alissa_flashhPosted 6/23/2013 7:00:03 PM
real???
#2ill-thoughtsPosted 6/23/2013 7:06:39 PM
rumor....

especially considering Multiplayer might be on a seperate disc for 360.
---
does Watch Dogs have drug wars, turf wars, hitman, cop and heist missions, buying property, hookers, blimps, hockey masks, crew shooting and flipping the bird??
#3Alissa_flashh(Topic Creator)Posted 6/23/2013 7:09:51 PM
i hope so! that would be amazing even if it was only freeroam
#4DMan304Posted 6/23/2013 7:42:30 PM(edited)
If it's like Red Dead's multiplayer free-roam with all of the challenges and hideouts, then it might as well be true. You just won't be playing through the story mode, but you'll still be playing and building your character in the same world.

I played Red Dead multiplayer in a private match (either alone or with friends) all the time just to gain XP and completely challenges.

---
http://i.imgur.com/Bod2G1j.gif
http://i.imgur.com/c3vDp9F.png
#5JGA1980Posted 6/23/2013 9:34:14 PM
No, the 4th playable character will be a suave womanising con-man, the final piece of the puzzle.

Once he's officially revealed and joins the group of guns-for-hire operating out of the Los Santos underground, a group consisting of a middle-aged veteran leader/plan maker, a tough black guy from the streets with a talent for vehicles and mechanics and a crazy ex-military pilot, then the GTA-Team will finally be complete.
#6True_ProdigyPosted 6/23/2013 10:48:43 PM
DMan304 posted...

I played Red Dead multiplayer in a private match (either alone or with friends) all the time just to gain XP and completely challenges.

Me too, man. I had a lot of fun playing as my own character in that world. I hope V has something like that as well for online.
---
"Hey, you want a toothpick?" - The Driver (Drive)
#7whiteboygenePosted 6/23/2013 11:21:37 PM
Naw.

You guys are getting carried away, and it worries me that some gamers are never satisfied. You've already been told you'll have three characters to choose from, but somehow someone got it in their head that you would be able to use your multiplayer character in single player. I won't repeat myself, just let that simmer.
---
What would John Marston do?
"you can tell he's not actually black." -xKeisukex
#8hellslavePosted 6/23/2013 11:39:39 PM
I think it started as being able to use it while free roaming in between missions. I vaguely remember hearing something like that in a preview.
---
In a world built on hope and faith, I am the realistic idea. The dream come crashing down.
#9Epic_McDudePosted 6/24/2013 1:57:07 AM
whiteboygene posted...
Naw.

You guys are getting carried away, and it worries me that some gamers are never satisfied. You've already been told you'll have three characters to choose from, but somehow someone got it in their head that you would be able to use your multiplayer character in single player. I won't repeat myself, just let that simmer.

Alright, but here's a revolutionary new concept for you: What the *bleep* is wrong with that? Let THAT simmer for a second.

I've always wanted to play my own custom-created character in the Grand Theft Auto games in single player. How is that a bad thing? What's there to ruin with that?

The story/campaign would simply be disabled when you switched to him in single player mode, instead you simply explore the world in single player mode aka 'free roam'. Perhaps a better label to call it would be 'offline mode' since the term single player bothers you so much.

Can't argue with more ways to have fun
---
"Fight for them, then, and die for their sins!" -Dracula, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
#10B0vrilPosted 6/24/2013 5:23:16 AM
The fourth playable character is Franklin.