Press O to greet (and other minor features from Red Dead Redemption).

#11DMan304Posted 6/29/2013 7:28:56 PM
VincentVega13 posted...
FutureShockUK posted...
I enjoyed Bad Karma John's insults and the ones when you're in Mexico. "Uh, Hoe-la?"

I can't bring myself to make John have a low honour/the other side rating. The conversations you have with Bonnie McFarlane concrete it in my head, "John Marston=good guy." I can't see the character being bad enough still to justify a low honour playthrough.

It's worth it though just for the insults.
---
http://i.imgur.com/Bod2G1j.gif
http://i.imgur.com/c3vDp9F.png
#12JGA1980(Topic Creator)Posted 6/30/2013 12:02:40 AM
VincentVega13 posted...
FutureShockUK posted...
I enjoyed Bad Karma John's insults and the ones when you're in Mexico. "Uh, Hoe-la?"

I can't bring myself to make John have a low honour/the other side rating. The conversations you have with Bonnie McFarlane concrete it in my head, "John Marston=good guy." I can't see the character being bad enough still to justify a low honour playthrough.

It is totally worth it just to hear his insults.

His normal insults are pretty funny, but his whore insults are particularly choice.

Just start a new game and once you get control of Marston proper, but before his character develops through his missions and conversations with Bonnie, go on a rampage (or even just rob people and banks and steal and shoot horses to lower your honour), then once you're Bad Mouth John go to the Whorehouse in Thieves Landing and walk around pressing O and insulting whores... it really is worth it.

Little touches like this, inconsequential and context specific lines of dialogue that many will not even hear, make Rockstar games such a joy to explore and experience, and for this reason I hope GTA V has a similar greet/insult mechanic.

If it does I'm totally going to take Trevor out on a jet ski and try to insult a dolphin.
#13CharizardFangPosted 6/30/2013 3:56:37 AM
I think B as a dedicated grab button would be a waste too considering some buttons have multiple functions depending on if you are locked onto someone or not. It could be a greet button by itself, but when locked on, its a grab button. Everybody wins.
#14FutureShockUKPosted 6/30/2013 11:22:43 AM
VincentVega13 posted...
FutureShockUK posted...

I had to for completion's sake, done so many runs through, fancied a change.
---
Best in the World!
GT:Future Shock UK PSN:FutureShockUK. Founder and leader of MP3/GTA V Crew: Hounds of Injustice. Currently recruiting.