Is anyone else excited for a Talk Radio station?

#11True RunePosted 7/2/2013 10:20:30 PM
CaIiber345 posted...

It's common for me to grab a vehicle and just park it, and watch the world go by around me. What makes it even more entertaining is the banter/commercials on the radio. I'm excited to see some type of talk radio station return.

I do this all the time in GTA games, even when i'm havin a smoke break.

I'm stoked about talk radio coming back.
---
It took hundreds to kill me, but I killed humans by the THOUSANDS!!! Look at me!!! I am sublime!! I am the TRUE face of evil!!!
#12BonfireForCrowPosted 7/3/2013 12:24:04 AM
Kinda off topic, but the use of Waylon Jennings in Trevor's trailer indicates the return of a proper country radio station. I hope they return to the musical diversity of San Andreas; I loved blasting K-Rose throughout those little redneck towns, and it's soothing driving around to country and Americana music..

Is there a link to this leaked radio list? I haven't seen it.

But on topic, of course I'm excited for the talk radio as well! One of the great memories of IV was stealing a random vehicle where PLR or WKTT was on, hearing them say something and going "Dude... What the **** are they on about!?". Very comedic, more than a few times I really laughed. I just hope they can keep it crazy and fresh and not resort to old, well tried measures for the talk radio. I personally felt PLR and WKTT could get a bit stale sometimes, but maybe that's just me.
---
West is Mike and Suzie.
#13georgiaboy11Posted 7/3/2013 7:44:51 AM
mavrick_19 posted...
Chatterbox on gta3 was the funnest I heard of lazlow

That's all I want as well. Lazlow was the reason I listened to the radio on 3.
---
Taylor Swift is like a velociraptor, if she senses movement she will date it.
#14CameauxPosted 7/3/2013 9:37:14 AM
The only radio station in any GTA that I really got into was VCPR in Vice City. I have heard it at least 50 times, but it still has value to me somehow.
#15PHOENIXZEROPosted 7/3/2013 3:51:48 PM(edited)
Hope they go back to GTA:SA with the radio as well, not just variety but because I've missed it updating over the course of the story. Plus, hoping we have one of the talk/news stations cut to covering police chasing us after reaching a certain star level, maybe even one of the characters we aren't playing instead of police radio chatter. That would require a lot of audio and other work to make it really dynamic but if they could do it and do it well it'd be worth it.
---
Band/Artist I've been listening to way too much: Fallon Bowman/Amphibious Assault.
https://soundcloud.com/fallonbowman
#16afrodude77Posted 7/3/2013 4:15:39 PM
I`m defintely excited I hope it has lazlow Chatterobox in 3 and VCPR in Vice City were the best talk show stations
---
"If the turtle cage is dirty... I Ain`t Paying For it
---
#17zeppelincheetahPosted 7/3/2013 9:28:24 PM
Eh they haven't really been very good lately. To me there's Chatterbox and then there's.... the rest....>_>
---
if you wouldn't mind i would like to lose
~ c h e e t a h ~
#18CaIiber345(Topic Creator)Posted 7/3/2013 11:39:20 PM
PHOENIXZERO posted...
Hope they go back to GTA:SA with the radio as well, not just variety but because I've missed it updating over the course of the story. Plus, hoping we have one of the talk/news stations cut to covering police chasing us after reaching a certain star level, maybe even one of the characters we aren't playing instead of police radio chatter. That would require a lot of audio and other work to make it really dynamic but if they could do it and do it well it'd be worth it.

I like this idea. Hearing our chases would be awesome.

And if we could hear them chasing one of the protags that we're not using, wouldn't it be awesome to find the chase and actually follow it?
---
The Price is Right, Don Mattrick, and a nuclear submarine all walk into a bar...
#19luigi4500Posted 7/4/2013 7:47:33 AM(edited)
Hopefully more than one talk radio station.
---
Xbox 360 Gamertag: QuitefranklyNO1
#20CloudSFF7Posted 7/4/2013 4:26:50 PM
CaIiber345 posted...
The last I read, a leaked list of radio stations was out there and included a talk radio station.

It's common for me to grab a vehicle and just park it, and watch the world go by around me. What makes it even more entertaining is the banter/commercials on the radio. I'm excited to see some type of talk radio station return.

Also, is there any word on celebrities doing radio voice work?

yeah I do the same myself lol.

The radio stations themselves were always a big thing for me.I spent many a time on a chopper just riding across San Andreas or grabbing a cab in GTA4 crusing the streets listening away.

Of course Lazlow is the original Radio hero,so am hoping he gets a major part again