Why isn't this game not releasing on XBOX ONE?

#1SolnotPosted 6/28/2013 5:04:39 PM
Why would they not release this game on both XBOX 360 and XBOX ONE to get more sales? Seems silly if ya ask me.
#2LogicmongerPosted 6/28/2013 5:52:50 PM
The Xbone is a gimmick. No one will buy that P.O.S.
#3LordPonchoPosted 6/28/2013 6:29:37 PM
That grammar.
---
"lol der was a shdow on my carpet but ti looked like a stane and tried to clen it up but ti was a shadoow" -Ghost4800
#4natevinesPosted 6/28/2013 7:29:01 PM
WHY is NOT this game NOT releasing on XBOX ONE
---
Gamertag- MidgetRifleman
#5sal9e3sPosted 6/28/2013 7:36:36 PM
It's not
---
GT - Burrito Diablo
#6nativenginePosted 6/28/2013 7:37:29 PM
1. The game has been in development for 5 years on current gen tech. Porting a game to next gen tech isn't as simple as copy/paste. Developer kits didn't hit till about a year ago, which Rockstar already had way too much invested into current gen tech

2. 360 and PS3 have well over a hundred million units available for games to be sold/played on. PS4 and Xbox One have zero units sold and will have zero units sold at the time of launch for GTA.

3. Next Gen tech is unproven, we have no idea how this hardware will hold up months after launch.

I must ask, why do you ask stupid questions? In your short time here you've asked several dumb questions. Which leads me to believe you're either a troll, or extremley uninformed. You post a dumb question and never return to your own topic, thus I'm convinced you're a troll.

You say you've never played a GTA before, and further go on to ask people to convince you to pick up the game, to which I ask why? Why should I convince you to play a game? If you're curious try it, if not, don't. We here have literally nothing to gain by convincing you to pick up this game so why bother asking others? Aside from your trolling of course

In conclusion, you're a troll.
---
Vegetarian- an old Indian word meaning bad hunter
#7BENGALSFAN81Posted 6/28/2013 8:48:11 PM
Logicmonger posted...

I pre ordered mine today....
---
You think you know me?
#8True_ProdigyPosted 6/28/2013 9:56:26 PM
nativengine posted...

2. 360 and PS3 have well over a hundred million units available for games to be sold/played on. PS4 and Xbox One have zero units sold and will have zero units sold at the time of launch for GTA.

This 1000x.

These kind of topics are too common even on the PS3 board. Hard to believe some people even said that V should have been purely a next gen game in other topics. No. 1: It's going to sell like crazy on current consoles because most everybody has one. Some of us don't buy into the new consoles at launch as they work out the kinks in the systems. No. 2: The hardware of the PS4 / Xbone is still new. While games like AC 4 and Watch_Dogs look sharper on next gen, it's not a huge leap from current consoles at the moment. I wouldn't really feel like I'm missing out by playing such games on current hardware right now.

GTA V has been developed on current hardware, but even on the eve of next gen consoles hitting the market that's nothing to scoff at. This is proven hardware which has given us some great looking games. I'm sure they would rather release a GTA on next-gen consoles that is truly next gen as IV was back in the day and not just a sharper looking port when compared to the PS3 and 360.
---
"Hey, you want a toothpick?" - The Driver (Drive)
#9CADE FOSTERPosted 6/29/2013 3:43:05 AM
BENGALSFAN81 posted...
Logicmonger posted...

I feel sorry for myself
#10BENGALSFAN81Posted 6/29/2013 6:41:23 AM
CADE FOSTER posted...
BENGALSFAN81 posted...
Logicmonger posted...

I feel sorry for myself

I "Feel sorry for myself" Because I have the money to jump to next gen? Makes perfect internet logic
---
You think you know me?