Man, i just bought and replayed San Andreas today.

#21LonnyJohnsonPosted 7/4/2013 1:20:08 PM
Mentalpatient87 posted...
LonnyJohnson posted...
San Andreas was a perfect game imo

It was a great game, but not without flaws. Go bash your head against that glitchy turf war minigame again.

Why so defensive?
---
Lonny "Booty" Johnson
#22afrodude77Posted 7/4/2013 1:36:20 PM
Only glitch I had with the turf war was the one in Ocean beach where Ballas spawned underwater it was a pain in the ass to conquer that territory
---
"If the turtle cage is dirty... I Ain`t Paying For it
---
#2303343Posted 7/4/2013 4:45:34 PM
^^
God i hated that glitch
#24caboose84Posted 7/4/2013 5:54:24 PM
LonnyJohnson posted...
LonnyJohnson posted...

It was a great game, but not without flaws. Go bash your head against that glitchy turf war minigame again.

Why so defensive?

This. You very clearly said "imo". Now obviously some people don't know that that stands for "in my opinion" because they read that and pissed themselves over it.
---
GT:UrNeighborJimmy
Karma Keepers
#25CoronelLinkPosted 7/4/2013 8:01:52 PM
RiFF-RaFF posted...
_Floater_ posted...
Wait what turf war glitch? I easily played San Andreas more than any other Rockstar game ever but I don't even remember that

This

You guys are joking, right? You never had a carload of Ballas drive entirely away from you? Like, "let's go check out the other side of Los Santos" kinda thing? You don't remember that tiny sliver of overlapping territory in the Vagos hood? It was right next to one of those little convenience stores on the north side. It was a teeny bit of sidewalk that you had to kite three Vagos onto just to get the 100%. You didn't have gangsters spawning in buildings and shooting out of them at you? Disappearing waves. Guys who spawned too far outside the territory (and then running the other direction) for you to kill before the war times out. It was a mess.

You could also spawn more territories in San Fierro by flying off the side of the map for a while. I guess they were going to have all three cities have turf wars but never got that far. You couldn't capture these places, I don't think. Not all of them. No gang members spawned at the airport. This one I wouldn't count as part of the "mess," mostly because you have to go out of your way to make it happen.

XD

This was hilarious. so long as you weren't trying to capture all the gang territories. I'd always leave some gang land so the turf wars were always on even long after finishing the story.

I agree with the graphics thing though, they're pretty bad. Personally that wouldn't stop me but 5 minutes in my eyes start killing me. Then again, I have eye problems so that's my excuse.
---
No givesies backsies!!
#26goldwPosted 7/4/2013 8:20:20 PM(edited)
One time, during a turf war, I had Ballas spawn underwater and I was unable to do anything. After that moment, I never played SA ever again.
---
Would you like some...yoghurt? - Fernando, the Manwhore
#27GentlemenBlackPosted 7/4/2013 8:14:57 PM
My biggest complaint about SA (And any GTA prior to IV) is that they all had terrible controls.
---
Didn't you know? Apparently if your series of irrelevant numbers are higher, you win the internets
#28ThePWBPosterPosted 7/4/2013 8:16:41 PM
I had bought SA when it came on PSN, sadly I only gotten as far as San Fierro before ditching the game to play other games. Its not the graphics nor the gameplay, I just don't know. I tend to do this with allot of my games.

I have gone back to some other ones just recently, Bully I've played for PS2 and MGS for PS1 (and graphics my god...but passable)
---
http://www.memegeneokerlund.com/media/created/wq5hpm.png
http://www.memegeneokerlund.com/meme/3619br
#29Mentalpatient87Posted 7/4/2013 8:55:11 PM
caboose84 posted...
LonnyJohnson posted...
LonnyJohnson posted...

Why so defensive?

This. You very clearly said "imo". Now obviously some people don't know that that stands for "in my opinion" because they read that and pissed themselves over it.

Who's defensive? Who's pissing themselves? He stated an opinion, I responded with mine. Do I need to punctuate my opinion with an acronym so you don't get butt hurt over it?
---
"Star bringing purple! Star bringing yorbel! STOP BRINGING YORBEL! STOP RINGING YOUR BELL!"