Requires an install, no disk switching

#21baueris24Posted 7/4/2013 9:05:06 AM
KOLDFYER posted...
You need longer than 2 and a half months to prepare to buy a cheap flash drive?

I wasn't talking about myself... I already have a 60 gb hard drive that I just delete installed games when I'm not playing them to make room!

How much does a cheap flash drive cost? I never bought one before. Even if it's only 20 bucks, that could be a lot depending on the person's financial situation especially considering other bills and living paycheck to paycheck.
#22Ilikemyname420Posted 7/4/2013 11:25:55 AM
baueris24 posted...
KOLDFYER posted...

I wasn't talking about myself... I already have a 60 gb hard drive that I just delete installed games when I'm not playing them to make room!

How much does a cheap flash drive cost? I never bought one before. Even if it's only 20 bucks, that could be a lot depending on the person's financial situation especially considering other bills and living paycheck to paycheck.

2 months to collect 20 bucks....I've known homeless people who could panhandle that in less than a day. Granted they didn't exactly have to pay rent or bills but I find it a little hard to believe someone buying a $60 game would have a hard time scraping together $20 in a whole 2 month period.
#23LordPonchoPosted 7/4/2013 12:22:57 PM
baueris24 posted...
KOLDFYER posted...

If $20 is a lot over a two month period, gaming probably isn't the wisest hobby for them.
---
"lol der was a shdow on my carpet but ti looked like a stane and tried to clen it up but ti was a shadoow" -Ghost4800
#24baueris24Posted 7/4/2013 1:39:22 PM
LordPoncho posted...
If $20 is a lot over a two month period, gaming probably isn't the wisest hobby for them.

True but sometimes they might want to treat themselves especially if they haven't bought something in awhile.
#25LordPonchoPosted 7/5/2013 3:11:41 AM
baueris24 posted...
LordPoncho posted...

True but sometimes they might want to treat themselves especially if they haven't bought something in awhile.

It doesn't matter. If you can't even afford $20, then that $20 is best spent on something to improve your living conditions so that you can maybe afford a hobby like gaming.
---
"lol der was a shdow on my carpet but ti looked like a stane and tried to clen it up but ti was a shadoow" -Ghost4800
#26brute_strengthPosted 7/5/2013 6:19:09 PM
Looks like I'll be getting a flash drive ready then. I still have my original 360 and even with no games installed it's completely full with just my game saves...tried to download the latest walking dead and didn't have enough room. Perhaps I'll resort to some serious deleting of previous saves to make some room for GTA though.
---
U.S.A.F.
#27talk2billPosted 7/8/2013 9:49:18 AM
the fact that it needs 8GB (is that with or without save slots?) tells me that the game would otherwise be nearly unplayable on DVD no matter how many discs. This is because much of the data would duplicated on all discs.

All discs would need many if not all locations. All the radio station data. Most of the side mission data. most if not all sound effects street and ped sounds. ect ect.
---
"Thank God, I'm no longer in someone's sig." ~ neokillr
#28TipposiPosted 7/8/2013 10:39:32 AM
What does 'install game' even mean on an Xbox? I thought it was only on PC games that you had to install. All the games I've got for my Xbox, I just put in the machine and play.

Having to install the game just means that Rockstar should have waited until PS4 and Xbone before releasing this game. Release it on one big Blu Ray that holds and plays all the information
---
Not changing this Sig until I can be bothered
#29PHOENIXZEROPosted 7/8/2013 12:56:59 PM
... It would still require an install because reading from a HDD (or flash drive in this case) is faster than reading from the disc.
---
Band/Artist I've been listening to way too much: Fallon Bowman/Amphibious Assault.
https://soundcloud.com/fallonbowman
#30Mentalpatient87Posted 7/8/2013 1:58:20 PM
Tipposi posted...
What does 'install game' even mean on an Xbox? I thought it was only on PC games that you had to install. All the games I've got for my Xbox, I just put in the machine and play.

...Okay. It means instead of playing from the disc, the data that the game.. IS, is on your hard drive inside the Xbox. For XBLA games and On Demand games, this often includes the entire game. It's hardly a new thing and is widely available. It's also like.. computer things 101 orientation night.

Having to install the game just means that Rockstar should have waited until PS4 and Xbone before releasing this game. Release it on one big Blu Ray that holds and plays all the information

They've been working on this game, making it for the 360 and PS3, for the past 5 years. You can't just copy/paste all that code and work onto the architecture for the new consoles. It simply does not work that way. It's like trying to fit your Legos onto some Duplo blocks. Wrong format.
---
"Star bringing purple! Star bringing yorbel! STOP BRINGING YORBEL! STOP RINGING YOUR BELL!"