I put 26$ for it at... My local EB Games (Gamestop)

#11the_arisenPosted 7/3/2013 9:32:04 AM
Ok well anyone who is excited for the Xbox one is probably a little defective to begin with, so they really dont count.
---
I'm taking the "N" word back... Yeah that's right... N'wah for life
Currently playing - KOTOR, KOTOR 2, Morrowind, Tomb Raider, Dragons Dogma
#12Mentalpatient87Posted 7/3/2013 9:36:22 AM
Freakin' word. Why would anyone be excited for anti-consumer practices?
---
"Star bringing purple! Star bringing yorbel! STOP BRINGING YORBEL! STOP RINGING YOUR BELL!"
#13Lunacy182Posted 7/3/2013 9:36:33 AM
the_arisen posted...
Ok well anyone who is excited for the Xbox one is probably a little defective to begin with, so they really dont count.

Not the people excited for X1. It's the people that hate it. They hate MS for trying to drive GameStop out of business and praise PS4 for keeping them in business. It's confusing I know.
---
The above text is the opinion of the poster.
"How do I screen shot real life?" - Xeeh_Bitz
#14the_arisenPosted 7/3/2013 10:32:43 AM
Lunacy182 posted...
the_arisen posted...

Not the people excited for X1. It's the people that hate it. They hate MS for trying to drive GameStop out of business and praise PS4 for keeping them in business. It's confusing I know.

Sorry I misunderstood, however I would be one of those who hates the X1 and thinks its dumb. I hate MS for using three year old processors in their "brand new" console. I hate MS for pretty much completely turning their backs on the real gaming community. I hate MS for focusing more on turning their new console into everything but a gaming machine. I hate MS for forcing people buy their gimmicky bulls**t peripherals (yeah I am looking at you Kinect), that spy on you all time (thanks NSA). I hate MS for saying that you wont be able to trade/rent/borrow games. I hate MS for saying that you will not be able to play games offline and will have to connect once a day, and I hate MS for not having the balls to stick to their guns, instead they back pedaled so fast that they gave themselves whiplash.
---
I'm taking the "N" word back... Yeah that's right... N'wah for life
Currently playing - KOTOR, KOTOR 2, Morrowind, Tomb Raider, Dragons Dogma
#15Dr_MojoPosted 7/3/2013 10:50:35 AM
I will never understand the point of pre-ordering a game (unless there's some super awesome exclusive pre-order bonus). It doesn't legally guarantee you a copy of the game on launch day - I've had plenty of friends pre-order games months in advance, only to show up to find a sold-out store and a manager shrugging and saying "come back in two weeks". Stores routinely sell more pre-orders than they can actually honor with their initial shipments.

All you're doing by plunking down the money now is giving EB a three month interest-free loan.
#16Mentalpatient87Posted 7/3/2013 11:38:10 AM
Dr_Mojo posted...
All you're doing by plunking down the money now is giving EB a three month interest-free loan.

Meh, my local stores don't get crowds big enough to run out the stock, and the employees generally keep the reserved copies for 48 hours after release. Besides, this way I can throw 10 or 20 bucks on my pre order with every paycheck and not even feel the impact. Plopping down 150 bucks on night, though (I wants that CE) might not be feasible due to my budget.
---
"Star bringing purple! Star bringing yorbel! STOP BRINGING YORBEL! STOP RINGING YOUR BELL!"
#17gatorsPENSbucsPosted 7/3/2013 11:48:33 AM
I pre-order so I can pay it off and then show up at midnight, go to the front of the line and grab my copy and leave. Just seems pretty easy to me. Plus, i like going out of my house and being in the real world.
---
Gators. Buccaneers. Heat. Phillies. Penguins.
#18mst3kfan78Posted 7/6/2013 9:22:21 AM
gatorsPENSbucs posted...
I pre-order so I can pay it off and then show up at midnight, go to the front of the line and grab my copy and leave. Just seems pretty easy to me. Plus, i like going out of my house and being in the real world.

This right here. I like to put down a little money here and there before release day mainly so I don't have to worry about not having exactly $60 plus tax on that day due to unforeseen circumstances like car repairs or anything.
---
There's a dude in the bushes--HE'S GOT A GUN, what's he doin? I don't know I don't know, RED TEAM GO RED TEAM GO!