So do you think the game won't be boring like GTA4 was?

#51LFCKINGSPosted 7/3/2013 3:18:20 PM
TJ_UNLIMITED posted...
MrAntike184 posted...
I liked GTA4...

From what I gather, you're in the minority then lol I loved running from the cops but the story just couldn't keep me interested after the girl started blowing up my phone

Honestly, the people who disliked GTA IV really are the minority. Yes, it may not have all the things from SA or previous games, but most people still loved GTA IV. The ones who hate it are just a very vocal minority on the internet. There are still thousands who didn't like GTA IV, but then again, many more who loved it.

OT, GTA V literally blows GTA IV out of the water as far as 'boring goes' eg, stunt planes, car customization, return of the crazier weapons, etc...
---
Smeg Head.
#5295_EclipsePosted 7/3/2013 3:31:03 PM
GTA 4 was the best GTA.
---
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
People who think Xbox was revolutionary before but not now that it's fixed, have IQ's close to that of a rock.
#53A_Long_DecemberPosted 7/3/2013 3:36:52 PM(edited)
I can understand people not liking a game because they don't find it fun but a step back? That's objectively wrong.

R* built a living breathing city where all the NPCs aren't just shells and actually go about doing things even when the focus isn't on them.

Huge step up graphics wise.

Huge step up physics wise.

Shooting and driving mechanics - I thought GTA IV had the best driving mechanics outside of a racing game I've ever touched.

Cover system was flaws but the premise was good.

Honestly as sadistic as it sounds it was fun just to go round killing people by burning them or pushing them off things because of the physics engine.

Even the melee was great, not Warriors level but good.

I get why people might've thought it was boring if they're into SA content because SA appealed to a certain crowd that liked that kind of thing. Wasn't for me. I can have hours of fun messing with the physics engine and I don't need mini guns and planes to enjoy it.

I get why it might not be your thing but to say its a bad game is astonishing. I hate the MGS series but I understand why it has such a huge following, because objectively they have some great things going for them but it just ain't for me.
#54DruffPosted 7/3/2013 3:41:55 PM
creep50 posted...
LordPoncho posted...
Is this a creep alt?

i have not posted here for few months and you are still talking about me??

You haven't posted here for a few months... and then right at the same time someone new comes in here who sounds like a creep alt, you suddenly reappear.

SEEMS LEGIT
---
Caution - You are approaching the periphery shield of Vortex Four
#55LordPonchoPosted 7/3/2013 4:01:15 PM
Druff posted...
creep50 posted...
LordPoncho posted...
Is this a creep alt?

You haven't posted here for a few months... and then right at the same time someone new comes in here who sounds like a creep alt, you suddenly reappear.

SEEMS LEGIT

Hey man. Don't be so obssessed! ;)
---
"lol der was a shdow on my carpet but ti looked like a stane and tried to clen it up but ti was a shadoow" -Ghost4800
#56_Pingu_Posted 7/3/2013 4:45:54 PM
I love how people maintain that GTAIV is some horrible POS when it's like in the top five highest rated games of all time as well as one of the best selling in the GTA franchise.
---
Be happy and stuff
#57TJ_UNLIMITED(Topic Creator)Posted 7/3/2013 7:26:26 PM
_Pingu_ posted...
I love how people maintain that GTAIV is some horrible POS when it's like in the top five highest rated games of all time as well as one of the best selling in the GTA franchise.

1. Call of Duty gets high ratings year after year despite having so many issues and being rehashed over and over. When the same site deducts points from a game for being "more of the same" but doesn't do the same to CoD, their ratings mean nothing. Happens all the time.

2. Sales mean absolutely nothing when it comes to judging how good something is. People have to experience it to make their own judgment. Twilight, Justin Bieber, 2 Chainz...need I say more?

If you love GTA IV, more powe to you, but you need to find more other way to support your opinion that basically says it's amazing and should be so to everyone.
---
PSN- TJ_UNLIMITED
Gamertag- TJ UNLIMIT3D
#58TRC187Posted 7/3/2013 10:25:52 PM
creep50 posted...
LordPoncho posted...
Is this a creep alt?

your obsession is clear

You dug that grave all by yourself bro, don't act so surprised when others remember the depth of it..
#59FearthelivingPosted 7/3/2013 11:03:40 PM
If GTA IV was boring, nobody told me. I beat the story 4-5 times and 100%ed twice I have never done that with other GTAs. VC is still my favorite probably because that's where I started GTA and Tommy Verceti was and still is awesome. In fact if I'm in the minority it would probably be because I wasn't the fondest of SA. The story was crazy, with a few exceptions the characters were lack luster, the rpg elements were worse then the phone calls in IV, and above all else the protagonist was so wishy washy throughout the whole thing.

So yeah if V is more like IV and less like SA I'll be happy. Not saying SA didn't have good elements (car customization, variety of clothing, weapons, and vehicles, ect) , but let's just say after I 100%ed it I have had no interest of playing it. Which isn't the case for any other console GTA I've played.

Thankfully if you want stupid over the top stuff they make a game for you it's called Saints Row The Third, personally I think they ruined the series because of that and should have just created a new IP but I'm probably wrong because a bunch of people flocked to their phallic bat.
#60JohnRyan1228Posted 7/3/2013 11:09:14 PM
I agree. I liked saints row, but 3 was stupid and 4 looks even worse.
---
Please, i need your help! www.gamefaqs.com/boards/563239-et-the-extra-terrestrial/66011625