C/D: If the driving physics aren't done right it will ruin the game

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Grand Theft Auto V
  3. C/D: If the driving physics aren't done right it will ruin the game
2 years ago#1
Understanding we all have our own opinions about what the driving physics SHOULD be, would you agree that if they aren't done properly it could actually ruin what would otherwise be an amazing game?
2 years ago#2
Yeah, that's how it usually works. If a main part of the game doesn't work properly then it will ruin that game.
---
The above text is the opinion of the poster.
"How do I screen shot real life?" - Xeeh_Bitz
2 years ago#3
C - I'm a bit flexible on what is acceptable as far as driving goes. I can accept both arcady and realistic driving, as long as it's easy enough to handle (at least when I get used to it), and fun to control. But bad driving mechanics are bad driving mechanics, and since a big part of the game is driving, then it would seriously hurt the game overall. Maybe "ruin" is a bit strong, since there is more to the game than driving, but it would definitely make a great game a lot more annoying than it would have been.
2 years ago#4
i would prefer the driving like in vc and sa but i can live with it like gta4.

i hope we can drift around corners without spinning out and losing tons of speed like in 4. that was always annoying
---
live tag: XxPyRoKiNeTiCxX
2 years ago#5
In the recent trailer the driving looked fun. 1 thing I think they should add is the garages from Saints Row.
---
A 2006 study concluded that 82% of people who don't know what they're talking about use false statistics.
2 years ago#6
pyrokinesis666 posted...

i hope we can drift around corners without spinning out and losing tons of speed like in 4. that was always annoying

I'm in the Gta4 camp. I never liked GTA driving at all until 4. I just think it could use some minor tweaking. To each his own.
---
http://i.imgur.com/EMWsl.jpg http://i.imgur.com/GHiTZdl.jpg http://i.imgur.com/virY946.jpg
TWSSted since~ 3/27/12
2 years ago#7
pyrokinesis666 posted...

i hope we can take the time to get better at drifting around corners without spinning out and losing tons of speed like in 4. that was always annoying when I failed at drifting.

uhh, fixed.
---
What would John Marston do?
"you can tell he's not actually black." -xKeisukex
2 years ago#8
i like arcade and sim driving though id probably prefer arcade in this game. the little ive seen of the driving looks great. but it wouldnt ruin the game for me if the driving sucked, theres to many other aspects that i love in gta games.
2 years ago#9
SBBrealquick posted...
C/D: If the driving physics aren't done right it will ruin the game

D

GTA isn't known for being Gran Turismo. It never had anywhere remotely-near realistic driving physics. I can't imagine GTA V having worse physics than the previous games, and if it's comparable then that is fine. Nobody plays GTA games for their awesome simulation of driving.
---
I'm not here for friends. I'm here for the truth to the best of my knowledge of it, even if it's not what people want to hear.
2 years ago#10
its true i was really looking forward to streets of new york and the driving was the worst ive seen it was like being on ice all the time so i just ended up getting taxis everywhere
  1. Boards
  2. Grand Theft Auto V
  3. C/D: If the driving physics aren't done right it will ruin the game

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived