Portable safehouses?

#1hulkhogan1Posted 7/13/2013 2:42:12 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-xHcvug3WI

If you pause it right at 2:49, you can see there's a safehouse marker on the mini map. If you pause at the very first frame in that scene, you can see there's a building in the distance near where the marker would be, but it looks like an industrial building that wouldn't make sense to be a safehouse. My guess is that it's Trevor's trailer parked somewhere over there (assuming that it's Trevor who is diving into the water).

To add to this, a few seconds later at 2:53, Trevor is walking out of his trailer in a very different location from where his home region of the game is. Why would Trevor be driving a trailer that is different from the one he lives in? He could have driven any vehicle over there, but he chose a trailer. Another interesting thing is he walked out of it wearing hunting clothes, which he could have put on right then and there instead of driving there wearing it.

My conclusion is that Trevor's trailer (or maybe any trailers in the game) double as both a vehicle and a safehouse, that you can park anywhere and save the game/change clothes wherever you want. I could very easily be wrong and these two shots in the video could be completely unrelated, but I think there's enough evidence to suggest that a portable safehouse is a possibility, especially considering Rockstar already did something similar to this in RDR with setting up campsites wherever you want as a means to save the game.
#2JoboHotepPosted 7/13/2013 2:44:18 PM
hulkhogan1 posted...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-xHcvug3WI

If you pause it right at 2:49, you can see there's a safehouse marker on the mini map. If you pause at the very first frame in that scene, you can see there's a building in the distance near where the marker would be, but it looks like an industrial building that wouldn't make sense to be a safehouse. My guess is that it's Trevor's trailer parked somewhere over there (assuming that it's Trevor who is diving into the water).

To add to this, a few seconds later at 2:53, Trevor is walking out of his trailer in a very different location from where his home region of the game is. Why would Trevor be driving a trailer that is different from the one he lives in? He could have driven any vehicle over there, but he chose a trailer. Another interesting thing is he walked out of it wearing hunting clothes, which he could have put on right then and there instead of driving there wearing it.

My conclusion is that Trevor's trailer (or maybe any trailers in the game) double as both a vehicle and a safehouse, that you can park anywhere and save the game/change clothes wherever you want. I could very easily be wrong and these two shots in the video could be completely unrelated, but I think there's enough evidence to suggest that a portable safehouse is a possibility, especially considering Rockstar already did something similar to this in RDR with setting up campsites wherever you want as a means to save the game.

That would be really damn cool, so I hope you are correct!
---
If I don't meet you no more in this world then uh, I'll meet ya on the next one..And don't be late- Jimi Hendrix Voodoo Child
#3the_gribblePosted 7/13/2013 2:45:49 PM
I would absolutely love this feature. It would suck if you crashed it though.
---
"But I need my kidney, it keeps my other kidney company."- Dale Gribble
#4Crazyman93Posted 7/13/2013 2:47:15 PM
I hope you're right, I've wanted that since I drove an RV and a semi in San Andreas. I mean, it's got a bed!
---
Shotgunnova posted...
I know not what a skrillex is, but can only assume it is a flesh-eating bacteria.
#5gohan_meteoraPosted 7/13/2013 2:51:39 PM
the_gribble posted...
I would absolutely love this feature. It would suck if you crashed it though.
And that's why I believe this isn't a feature.

We should be able to save anywhere though…
---
"Father, it is your son. Let us go yoga!"
#6pjnelsonPosted 7/13/2013 3:30:01 PM
Hmm. Awesome idea, TC. I like it.
---
I'm not here for friends. I'm here for the truth to the best of my knowledge of it, even if it's not what people want to hear.
#7MinunSSPosted 7/13/2013 6:38:11 PM
hulkhogan1 posted...
Why would Trevor be driving a trailer

Good question. Trailers are generally towed rather than driven, that's the main difference between a trailer, which trails the tow vehicle, and a motor vehicle, which moves all on it's own like a badass.
---
Faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.
http://news.xbox.com/2013/06/update ___ Somebody learned.