Skydiving and base jumping.

#1the_gribblePosted 7/14/2013 6:46:56 PM
From the looks of the gameplay trailer skydiving looks like it's been improved. In TBOGT it felt stiff and weird. Did you like skydiving in TBOGT? If not how do you hope they changed it? Also I hope you can customize parachutes.
---
"But I need my kidney, it keeps my other kidney company."- Dale Gribble
#2KroganBallEaterPosted 7/14/2013 7:10:41 PM
TBOGT didn't have fun sky diving simply because there were no fun ways to skydive, all you did in BOGT was go to the tallest building, jump off, and repeat.
#3CaIiber345Posted 7/14/2013 7:42:26 PM
In GTA:SA, I devised my own minigame.

I jumped off of the tallest building in LS. I then deployed my parachute and tried to glide to the 24/7 store by the Police Station. I eventually got so good that I was able to land perfectly at the door and go directly into the animation to enter the store.

If the skydiving and BASE jumping in GTA V is better than that, I'll be spending ridiculous amounts of time doing it. And creating all sorts of wacky challenges for myself. :D
---
The Price is Right, Don Mattrick, and a nuclear submarine all walk into a bar...
Is it GTA V yet? Wake me up when it's GTA V.
#4Smokey_Posted 7/14/2013 7:53:21 PM
Skydiving gets better the longer its duration and travel distance of the free fall (see: Wingsuit).
#5MrcTOtheJPosted 7/14/2013 8:05:23 PM
Smokey_ posted...
Skydiving gets better the longer its duration and travel distance of the free fall (see: Wingsuit).

I had a dream about GTAV having a wingsuit online, and I was playing as the Niko charictar...who happened to be wearing an elvis suit for some reason, it was weird as all hell but it was bad ass.
---
Currently Waiting for: GTAV, FFXV, MGS5, Destiny, Watch Dogs, NFS Rivals, FFX/X-2 HD, LR:FFXIII, and the PS4
#6FatalFraggerPosted 7/14/2013 8:08:29 PM
Have you guys ever seen those videos where people jump out of helicopters in GTA IV and fall hundreds of feet into swimming pools? They are pretty awesome.
---
Black 2 FC: 4342-1902-6644
#7CaIiber345Posted 7/14/2013 8:14:48 PM
FatalFragger posted...
Have you guys ever seen those videos where people jump out of helicopters in GTA IV and fall hundreds of feet into swimming pools? They are pretty awesome.

No, but now I'm going to go and watch some of them.

:D
---
The Price is Right, Don Mattrick, and a nuclear submarine all walk into a bar...
Is it GTA V yet? Wake me up when it's GTA V.
#80_o_00_o_0Posted 7/14/2013 8:44:26 PM
FatalFragger posted...

Link
#9Epic_McDudePosted 7/14/2013 8:59:29 PM
CaIiber345 posted...

I jumped off of the tallest building in LS. I then deployed my parachute and tried to glide to the 24/7 store by the Police Station. I eventually got so good that I was able to land perfectly at the door and go directly into the animation to enter the store.

That sounds ridiculously awesome. You should've recorded it somehow!
---
"Fight for them, then, and die for their sins!" -Dracula, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
#10bjay88Posted 7/14/2013 9:57:57 PM
CaIiber345 posted...

If the skydiving and BASE jumping in GTA V is better than that, I'll be spending ridiculous amounts of time doing it. And creating all sorts of wacky challenges for myself. :D

I always bmx'd off the ramp ontop of the mountain, or took the vw camper can over it.
---
This space intentionally left blank.