Would "As fun as Saints Row 3" be good or bad for GTA 5?

#11CaIiber345Posted 7/16/2013 3:32:01 PM
I love GTA.

I love Saints Row.

No, GTA V should not be "as fun as Saints Row 3" if you're implying that the same style and gameplay should be in GTA V.

I love SR 2&3 because of how..."arcadey" they feel compared to the "simulation" feel of GTA. It's why both franchises can coexist. They offer different styles and takes on the criminal open world/sandbox genre. I would never want one to try to be like the other.
---
The Price is Right, Don Mattrick, and a nuclear submarine all walk into a bar...
Is it GTA V yet? Wake me up when it's GTA V.
#12mfv12979Posted 7/16/2013 3:38:36 PM
I like both GTA and Saint's row but i won't be buying SR4 because it turned into a super hero game and masking it with toilet humor. i like GTA for all the seriousness. I like saint's row because it felt like watching a crime drama (at least for me) with a minor comedy at the side. Just till sr3 was released and was a step down. At least rockstar is stepping up from their previous gta series.
---
copy ninja Kakashi has copied a thousand jutsu and i'm going to use them to their fullest Extent! - Kakashi Sensei Ep 266
#13hypnohuskyPosted 7/16/2013 3:50:19 PM
GTA4>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>SR3

so it woudl be bad
---
Squirrel: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=92931017
Trigger: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=105516595
#14CaIiber345Posted 7/16/2013 4:08:56 PM
mfv12979 posted...
I like both GTA and Saint's row but i won't be buying SR4 because it turned into a super hero game and masking it with toilet humor. i like GTA for all the seriousness. I like saint's row because it felt like watching a crime drama (at least for me) with a minor comedy at the side. Just till sr3 was released and was a step down. At least rockstar is stepping up from their previous gta series.

Isn't it funny how so much can happen in just one franchise in the span of two games? (Saints Row)

I enjoyed the story and tone of SR2, and the city was just absolutely perfect with all of its different areas. However, I didn't really enjoy the gameplay all that much. In SR3, the story became way too "comedic" yet the gameplay and controls are a lot of fun to me. Melee combat alone is worth just running around and beating up pedestrians. (Sorry, but as a GTA fan first, GTA's melee combat is just a joke compared to SR3's melee combat.)

They just became...too self aware. I respect that they completely believe in the direction they're going.

(see Angry Joe's E3 interview with Scott Phllips, Design Director...)

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7f8zi4ZJMto&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D7f8zi4ZJMto

But there is a way to go about it that makes it...viable. I don't think they understand that. I'm all for super powers and aliens and open world/sandbox gameplay... But I never thought I'd be getting all of that...in a Saints Row game.

*shrugs*
---
The Price is Right, Don Mattrick, and a nuclear submarine all walk into a bar...
Is it GTA V yet? Wake me up when it's GTA V.
#15ViciousXl2Posted 7/16/2013 4:16:22 PM
It's gonna be MORE fun than Saints Row 3.
---
The answer to your first question is shaddup
#16krazykiwikidPosted 7/16/2013 4:29:09 PM
You're treading thin ice here since this board is FULL of GTAIV fanboys who would never admit to their games short comings(driving, over done animations).

I never played SR1 and couldn't force myself through the first 30 minutes of SR2. But I picked up SR3 and you really hit the nail on the head. That game was made for pure FUN. It's the only game I've played this generation that the whole way I could tell the developers kept asking themselves "what would be fun" rather than "how can we punish the player". GTAIV was the first in the series where driving and getting into gunfights with the police sucked. Yeah it was so great going to jump into a car to get away from the cops and having your character go through a ridiculous 15 second animation of him holding out his gun and asking the person to get out of the car. Mean while he's just ignoring the fact that you've been shot 10 times by the cops.

I'm the same as you now TC. I used to try and take in all the story of any game but I'm sick of it now and only play for the pure fun of the gameplay. Forgive me for enjoying over the top mindless action, people who started playing the GTA series at GTAIV.
#17mfv12979Posted 7/16/2013 4:36:15 PM
In all fairness i might still buy SR4 after i am done with gta v. i just hope the next game that deep silver will go in a dffierent direction. But then again maybe not.
---
copy ninja Kakashi has copied a thousand jutsu and i'm going to use them to their fullest Extent! - Kakashi Sensei Ep 266
#18DruffPosted 7/16/2013 4:58:19 PM
Webstedge posted...
since GTA 4 was more fun than any saints row, I'd say bad

---
Caution - You are approaching the periphery shield of Vortex Four
#19MalefactionPosted 7/16/2013 5:18:23 PM
krazykiwikid posted...
You're treading thin ice here since this board is FULL of GTAIV fanboys who would never admit to their games short comings(driving, over done animations).

I never played SR1 and couldn't force myself through the first 30 minutes of SR2. But I picked up SR3 and you really hit the nail on the head. That game was made for pure FUN. It's the only game I've played this generation that the whole way I could tell the developers kept asking themselves "what would be fun" rather than "how can we punish the player". GTAIV was the first in the series where driving and getting into gunfights with the police sucked. Yeah it was so great going to jump into a car to get away from the cops and having your character go through a ridiculous 15 second animation of him holding out his gun and asking the person to get out of the car. Mean while he's just ignoring the fact that you've been shot 10 times by the cops.

I'm the same as you now TC. I used to try and take in all the story of any game but I'm sick of it now and only play for the pure fun of the gameplay. Forgive me for enjoying over the top mindless action, people who started playing the GTA series at GTAIV.

It's funny because Saints Row fanboys will never admit that GTA IV is a good game, and better than saints row in pretty much every game mechanic.
---
There is no love in your violence.
#20JvaasPosted 7/16/2013 5:23:11 PM
saints row 3 has good driving? what the hell have you been smoking? the driving in that game is the worst driving in any game ever
---
VampyreFox - "Dark souls isn't even that hard. I feel that Skyrim's weapons have more weight in the swing, and a feeling of contact." LOOOL this guy