Why is everyone getting so excited for this game?

#1Homie_202Posted 7/18/2013 9:47:43 AM
Lets face it last one wasn't all that good. I'm sure this one will be better. But it just seems like everyone is getting so excited over features that have been in previous GTA games. I feel like a studio shouldn't get praise over stuff they had and then took away only to add again. I don't really feel like Rockstar has given a real reason for anyone to be excited. Also why is there no substantial Gameplay. I mean the game is like 2 months away and we really have no gameplay. Aside from little 10 second clips strung together. Bottom line I think the game will be good but I just don't understand why everyone is so excited and I would bet money that if this game didn't have the title grand theft auto no one would be this excited.
#2Wreck_ChordsPosted 7/18/2013 9:53:33 AM
lol
---
GamerTag: Sic DieshinZ
#3midnyghtsson265Posted 7/18/2013 9:54:52 AM
Wreck_Chords posted...
lol

---
Dragon's Dogma, Red Dead Redemption, State of Decay, Elder Scrolls: Oblivion, and Defiance...5 of my favorite games ever.
#4Maximillian37Posted 7/18/2013 9:57:03 AM
midnyghtsson265 posted...
Wreck_Chords posted...
lol

---
S3RL. /sadness
#5nativenginePosted 7/18/2013 9:58:04 AM
The last one was great, this will be even better. You ask why people are excited? Because Rockstar's track record is unmatched. Before this GTA, they never released gameplay footage, be happy we got what we did.

Watch Dogs is a unproven game and that's on alot of people's radar. If a game looks good, people will get excited about it, helps that GTA is in the title of course. If you compiled all the info, screen shots and trailers and put the name "3 dudes do stuff" on it people would still be pumped.
---
Vegetarian- an old Indian word meaning bad hunter
Elected Leader of both PS3 and 360 GTAV boards
#6mst3kfan78Posted 7/18/2013 9:58:43 AM
Maximillian37 posted...
Wreck_Chords posted...
lol

---
Isn't it odd that Mr. or Mrs. high morals only problem with gta5 is prostitution? Not the rampant theft, murder and general disregard for life?
#7ish0turfac3Posted 7/18/2013 9:59:07 AM
Maximillian37 posted...
Wreck_Chords posted...
lol

---
GT: ish0turfac3 - Nintendo ID: ish0turfac3 - Steam ID: ish0turfac3
PSNID: ueffingsrs
#8just_blind_21Posted 7/18/2013 9:59:25 AM
mst3kfan78 posted...
Maximillian37 posted...
Wreck_Chords posted...
lol
#9ViciousXl2Posted 7/18/2013 10:00:04 AM
Oh my bad, Mister Gold Card!
---
The answer to your first question is shaddup
#10Homie_202(Topic Creator)Posted 7/18/2013 10:04:01 AM
nativengine posted...
The last one was great, this will be even better. You ask why people are excited? Because Rockstar's track record is unmatched. Before this GTA, they never released gameplay footage, be happy we got what we did.

Watch Dogs is a unproven game and that's on alot of people's radar. If a game looks good, people will get excited about it, helps that GTA is in the title of course. If you compiled all the info, screen shots and trailers and put the name "3 dudes do stuff" on it people would still be pumped.

I agree with this but at least watch dogs has had 3 gameplay demos. And this game has had none. And they have released gameplay they released a lot more trailer on Red dead then this game. I can see that its their flagship game and people know it and red dead isn't. And I'm fine with people being excited. I'm even excited but I just don't get why people are I don't feel like they have given us a reason to be excited. It literally feels like most of the stuff they have shown has been I previous GTAs that they took out of 4 and are now adding back in.