Why is everyone getting so excited for this game?

#41caboose84Posted 7/18/2013 7:59:37 PM
I actually thought this year's been pretty great for gaming.

Let's see, there's been Bioshock Infinite which I loved.

Tomb Raider, which while not amazing, was still a hell of a lot of fun to play.

Metro: Last Light which was a surprising one for me, as I wasn't expecting to get as immersed in it as I did. I loved it.

DmC was pretty good too (I know, I know, blasphemy and all that).

Injustice: Gods Among Us, which had a pretty silly story, was also a hell of a lot of fun to play. I liked it more than MK9 and MK has been my favorite fighting series since I started playing video games.

Dead Space 3 certainly wasn't as good as the first 2 (Dead Space 1 is by far one of my top favorite games, so that's not surprising), but I enjoyed it a lot, as well as it's DLC, which I found a lot creepier than anything in the vanilla game.

Gears of War: Judgement wasn't exactly great, but it certainly wasn't a bad game either.

Metal Gear Rising was fun as hell.

Oh, and of course, The Last of Us, my new favorite game.

Not to mention GTAV, and Batman: Arkham Origins. It's been a pretty good year for me so far, as far as gaming goes anyway.
---
GT:UrNeighborJimmy
Karma Keepers
#42OfficerTJHookaPosted 7/18/2013 8:00:37 PM
This guy...
#43demon8725Posted 7/18/2013 10:01:33 PM
NightDrifter05 posted...
xenonogger posted...
Besides the numerous obvious reasons, I think the most responsible reason has been the lack of good games this year. Such a TERRIBLE year for gaming. Pretty much every game worth playing is coming out within a span of about a week at the end of October.

The first half of this year has been one of the worst years in gaming I can remember.

Then you have no clue what a good game is. Bioshock Inifnite is easily one of the best game's this gen and by far the best game out this year, Dead Space 3 not a absolutely mind-blowing game but was still really really good, Crysis 3 just for Hunter mode alone, Tomb Raider, Metro Last Light, Hotline Miami, Ni No Kuni, Devil May Cry wasn't to bad of a game, Dead Pool wasn't to bad. This has EASILY been one of the best first halves in gaming in recent memory if not the best of this gen so far. I'm willing to go as far as to say the 2nd half of the year definitely won't be as good as the 1st half since the only decent releases I'm seeing are GTA V, Batman which is on the verge of being played out, Watch Dog's, and Beyond 2 Souls. I have a eerie felling that Batman, Watch Dogs, and GTA V aren't going to live up to all the hype.

While I disagree with xeno this year hasn't been horrible. To say this years first half is the best this gen is a bit of a stretch.

2010 first half releases
Bayonetta
Army of two the fortieth day
Mass effect 2
Bioshock 2
Dantes inferno
Splinter cell conviction
Red dead redemption
Alan wake
Ufc 2010
I feel that easily smokes this years early line up
2011 first half releases
Dead space 2
Crisis 2
Mk9
Portal 2
L.a noire
This years a toss up 2013 could either tie with 2011 or beat it
2012 early releases
The darkness ii
Ufc 3
Mass effect 3
Street fighter x tekken
Tell tales the walking dead ep 1-2
Sniper elite v2
Minecraft
Max Payne 3
This ones close to but I'd say 2012 has it.
Just to clarify I hate Bioshock,minecraft,Alan wake,bayonetta and splinter cell but I'm realistic enough to realize these games have a decent amount of fans.
#44agentkb2001Posted 7/18/2013 10:53:47 PM
Homie_202 posted...
Lets face it last one wasn't all that good. I'm sure this one will be better. But it just seems like everyone is getting so excited over features that have been in previous GTA games. I feel like a studio shouldn't get praise over stuff they had and then took away only to add again. I don't really feel like Rockstar has given a real reason for anyone to be excited. Also why is there no substantial Gameplay. I mean the game is like 2 months away and we really have no gameplay. Aside from little 10 second clips strung together. Bottom line I think the game will be good but I just don't understand why everyone is so excited and I would bet money that if this game didn't have the title grand theft auto no one would be this excited.

son,..if this was not a GTA game..then this would be considered the GTA killer...
---
R.I.P. Richard Pryor,The greatest.
President of the Red Ghost Motorcycle Club (GTA)