this game will probably be like cod a little

#1hal0xjumpPosted 7/20/2013 7:35:24 AM
i know i know blahblah everyone hates cod cod is bad, but either way of what you think cod is the best selling game out right now. rockstar is a smart game publisher and they will definitely follow at least some foot steps from activision.

im not saying the game is going to be first person or anything, but i could see prestige system like cod made online, and also hardcore vs regular mods, i could also see a create a class system, and even some cod gametypes.

what do you guys think gta v will bring from cod for singleplayer

and im not saying COPY im just sayng ideas are ok to borrow sometimes its what makes games good, and cod weather you like it or not is a good game numbers speak for themselves
#2mst3kfan78Posted 7/20/2013 7:39:54 AM(edited)
Numbers do NOT make a good game. It makes a popular game. Also, they are two different types of games. People may like CoD, others may not. People may like GTA, others may not. And for the people who like both, why have them share any similarities? If you like both, deal with them having different features and gameplay.

And here I go feeding the troll. I'm so disappointed in myself.
---
Isn't it odd that Mr. or Mrs. high morals only problem with gta5 is prostitution? Not the rampant theft, murder and general disregard for life?
#3DieMyBridePosted 7/20/2013 7:39:13 AM
I was hoping this was gonna be a serious topic about fish....It's actually a joke topic about Call of Duty.
#4smallvillefan26Posted 7/20/2013 7:39:54 AM
R* was kicking butt and taking names before cod existed....gta doesn't follow ANYONE....like the great white shark and the crocodile they have no natural enemy and don't have to evolve
#5smallvillefan26Posted 7/20/2013 7:41:19 AM
DieMyBride posted...
I was hoping this was gonna be a serious topic about fish....It's actually a joke topic about Call of Duty.

LMAO...fish...I love witty people
#6BlakPeppaPosted 7/20/2013 8:07:04 AM
I started getting sick as I read the op.
---
~~Charlotte Bobcats/Hornets Fan(since 2005)~Local Toronto Raptors Fan~~
#7mst3kfan78Posted 7/20/2013 8:10:22 AM
Let's stop feeding the troll everybody. This is the same guy that started the "Traybon Martin" thread.
---
Isn't it odd that Mr. or Mrs. high morals only problem with gta5 is prostitution? Not the rampant theft, murder and general disregard for life?
#8hal0xjump(Topic Creator)Posted 7/20/2013 8:37:45 AM
well i have actually been coming to gamefaqs for a while but never posted because i wasnt too excited about anything. im really good at cod but i love gta. so yea this was a serious topic.

you guys are ridiculous for not seeing what im trying to say. just because all these people think cod is a "bad game" doesnt mean its a bad game its a good game. and when you borrow good things from anything you're just improving the next generation product. so sorry you guys dont see that but whatever.
#9smallvillefan26Posted 7/20/2013 8:47:18 AM
hal0xjump posted...
well i have actually been coming to gamefaqs for a while but never posted because i wasnt too excited about anything. im really good at cod but i love gta. so yea this was a serious topic.

you guys are ridiculous for not seeing what im trying to say. just because all these people think cod is a "bad game" doesnt mean its a bad game its a good game. and when you borrow good things from anything you're just improving the next generation product. so sorry you guys dont see that but whatever.

R* was kicking butt and taking names before cod existed....gta doesn't follow ANYONE....like the great white shark and the crocodile they have no natural enemy and don't have to evolve
#10the_old_daysPosted 7/20/2013 8:54:16 AM
hal0xjump posted...

Wrong. When games constantly ape each other for a perceived profit boost, it does nothing but homogenize the industry.

Also, sales numbers are supposed to determine the quality of a product? Maybe 60 years ago but not in this day and age. It's not like the twilight series is critically good.
---
One million days and nights of all this pain and struggle, and all for what I ask? Nothing but hate and trouble.