this game will probably be like cod a little

#11smallvillefan26Posted 7/20/2013 9:02:47 AM
dude listen no one wants to rip on you personally the COD model has no and needs no place here, no problem with you liking the game millions do, however I don't want COD or any FPS rubbing elbows with my gta
#12M4T7Posted 7/20/2013 9:26:35 AM
hal0xjump posted...
well i have actually been coming to gamefaqs for a while but never posted because i wasnt too excited about anything. im really good at cod but i love gta. so yea this was a serious topic.

you guys are ridiculous for not seeing what im trying to say. just because all these people think cod is a "bad game" doesnt mean its a bad game its a good game. and when you borrow good things from anything you're just improving the next generation product. so sorry you guys dont see that but whatever.

I know this may be a shock, but GTA has been around a lot longer than CoD has, and thus hasn't "borrowed" anything from it. In fact, if anything has been borrowed at all, it's been from Red Dead Redemption.

Using (or borrowing) ideas and features from other games is a popular means in attempt to improve games, but some companies take it too far and basically create clones of other popular games, which is never a good thing. It's kind of like what EA and Activision did to Counter Strike - take a popular game, create a strikingly similar clone of it, then start selling it to the public under new names: Battlefield and Call of Duty.
---
Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong.-Murphy's Law
GT: Yrmalope
#13mst3kfan78Posted 7/20/2013 9:37:59 AM
hal0xjump posted...
just because all these people think cod is a "bad game" doesnt mean its a bad game its a good game

Actually because a lot of people think CoD is a bad game, that means chances are... it's a bad game.
---
Isn't it odd that Mr. or Mrs. high morals only problem with gta5 is prostitution? Not the rampant theft, murder and general disregard for life?
#14Runner_stylePosted 7/20/2013 9:49:51 AM(edited)
M4T7 posted...

I know this may be a shock, but GTA has been around a lot longer than CoD has, and thus hasn't "borrowed" anything from it. In fact, if anything has been borrowed at all, it's been from Red Dead Redemption.

Using (or borrowing) ideas and features from other games is a popular means in attempt to improve games, but some companies take it too far and basically create clones of other popular games, which is never a good thing. It's kind of like what EA and Activision did to Counter Strike - take a popular game, create a strikingly similar clone of it, then start selling it to the public under new names: Battlefield and Call of Duty.

You'd make a valid point, however your examples are invalid ;)

First battlefield release: September 10th 2002
First Call of Duty release: October 29th 2003
First Counter Strike release: October 6th 2004

One example you could actually use is that R* could've used Driver 1, and 2 as inspiration for GTA 3, and onwards considering the fact the Driver series was the first of its kind. Of course it improved somewhat with Driver 2 with the ability to actually get out, and take other vehicles.
---
Communism is such a dirty word. That's why we now call it political correctness!
#15ledzepp27Posted 7/20/2013 10:08:11 AM
hal0xjump posted...
i know i know blahblah everyone hates cod cod is bad, but either way of what you think cod is the best selling game out right now. rockstar is a smart game publisher and they will definitely follow at least some foot steps from activision.

im not saying the game is going to be first person or anything, but i could see prestige system like cod made online, and also hardcore vs regular mods, i could also see a create a class system, and even some cod gametypes.

what do you guys think gta v will bring from cod for singleplayer

and im not saying COPY im just sayng ideas are ok to borrow sometimes its what makes games good, and cod weather you like it or not is a good game numbers speak for themselves

Iirc I think red dead redemption had the prestige system. With all the weapons and customization gta v might have the class loadout thing.

That's all for multiplayer though. Honestly COD has basically nothing to offer single player. Cod isn't popular for its campaign. And it's online really isn't that great. The only reason I play it is because its easy to play with friends.
#16SiLVeR_420Posted 7/20/2013 10:53:53 AM
ledzepp27 posted...
hal0xjump posted...
i know i know blahblah everyone hates cod cod is bad, but either way of what you think cod is the best selling game out right now. rockstar is a smart game publisher and they will definitely follow at least some foot steps from activision.

im not saying the game is going to be first person or anything, but i could see prestige system like cod made online, and also hardcore vs regular mods, i could also see a create a class system, and even some cod gametypes.

what do you guys think gta v will bring from cod for singleplayer

and im not saying COPY im just sayng ideas are ok to borrow sometimes its what makes games good, and cod weather you like it or not is a good game numbers speak for themselves

Iirc I think red dead redemption had the prestige system. With all the weapons and customization gta v might have the class loadout thing.

That's all for multiplayer though. Honestly COD has basically nothing to offer single player. Cod isn't popular for its campaign. And it's online really isn't that great. The only reason I play it is because its easy to play with friends.

Max Payne 3 had everything TC listed.
---
Mizore Shirayukis snowbunny.
Hey Sony. Remember that time I owned a PS2?...friends?
#17SiLVeR_420Posted 7/20/2013 10:55:02 AM
CoD game types? What game type did they create?

And don't you dare say gun game.
---
#18MEBCitadelPosted 7/20/2013 11:24:12 AM
Gun game would be perfect for gta and sorry but cod 1 was out before gta bc I played on my older brothers computer so :-P

U guys have ideas but.... Still
---
"Every game with online has jackasses, they're the thing that brings balance to the force.........." -kylekillgannon
#19SiLVeR_420Posted 7/20/2013 11:33:28 AM
MEBCitadel posted...
Gun game would be perfect for gta and sorry but cod 1 was out before gta bc I played on my older brothers computer so :-P

Umm...CoD 1 released 2003...Rockstar was making San Andreas when CoD came out.
---
#20M4T7Posted 7/20/2013 12:05:28 PM
Runner_style posted...
M4T7 posted...

You'd make a valid point, however your examples are invalid ;)

First battlefield release: September 10th 2002
First Call of Duty release: October 29th 2003
First Counter Strike release: October 6th 2004

The date you have there is for Counter Strike: Source, which is technically the third iteration of Counter Strike. My argument was for the original Counter Strike, which released June 19, 1999.

MEBCitadel posted...

/facedesk
---
Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong.-Murphy's Law
GT: Yrmalope