Is there a way to save cars now?

#1True RunePosted 7/22/2013 2:02:47 AM
With Car Customization being toted in that 5 minute preview it makes me wonder if we'll finally be able to SAVE a car.

I really like the way Saint's Row Handles it....cuz even if you destroy the car or abandon it somewhere in the City, you don't have to lose it.

Can we do this now in GTA? Have they said anything about it?
---
It took hundreds to kill me, but I killed humans by the THOUSANDS!!! Look at me!!! I am sublime!! I am the TRUE face of evil!!!
#2DarkManX2004Posted 7/22/2013 2:14:54 AM
You could save cars in garages in the previous GTA's, I believe abandoned cars will be taken to an impound lot and a small fee is needed to return the vehicle. I'm not sure how they will handle this as I abandon cars a lot and I cant see every abandoned car being there, maybe the last five?
---
GT/PSN = Makavelian87
#3CaIiber345Posted 7/22/2013 2:23:19 AM
Well, aside from impound lots, I suspect that Garages will be available.

The Collectors Edition comes with a garage. I think they'll be available in the game after a certain mission or other requirement. Then of course, there is the dreaded DLC route down the line.

Mind you this is just speculation on my part, but the CE garage makes me think that everyone will have access to them at some point. The parking spaces in IV weren't really that great, and Impound Lots should hopefully just be one option. All wishful thinking on my part, of course.

:D
---
The Price is Right, Don Mattrick, and a nuclear submarine all walk into a bar...
Is it GTA V yet? Wake me up when it's GTA V.
#4MrcTOtheJPosted 7/22/2013 2:51:58 AM
Well there's Impounds not to mention garages and maybe even parking spaces/driveways as well. (Personally I'd like to see them combine GTAIV's system just with driveways, and the Garage system more cars the merrier)
---
Currently Waiting for: GTAV, FFXV, MGS5, Destiny, Watch Dogs, NFS Rivals, FFX/X-2 HD, LR:FFXIII, and the PS4
#5godFORBIDjellyPosted 7/22/2013 6:50:54 AM
Been playing GTA games since the beginning.. Never, not once have I seen an impound lot.. I suddenly feel dumb. Or at the very best, lazy.
---
gmrtag~ A Red Werewolf
I'd prefer if there weren't any females. Getting tea bagged is bad enough but if I get clam slammed I'm going to lose my s***.
#6PepeSilvia906Posted 7/22/2013 6:59:00 AM(edited)
godFORBIDjelly posted...
Been playing GTA games since the beginning.. Never, not once have I seen an impound lot.. I suddenly feel dumb. Or at the very best, lazy.

That's because GTA V is going to be the first to have them. Or at least, the first to have them as a way to keep lost cars.
---
XBL Gamertag: The Wereodile
#7SanAndreas_GurlPosted 7/22/2013 7:27:23 AM
PepeSilvia906 posted...
godFORBIDjelly posted...

That's because GTA V is going to be the first to have them. Or at least, the first to have them as a way to keep lost cars.

ah, I see. I'd never heard of the impound lot thing until now 0.o i seem to learn more about this game every day...
---
September 17th, 2013-International "Calling In Sick To Work" Day
"Remember, You're not fat. Just thick in all the wrong places"
#8godFORBIDjellyPosted 7/22/2013 9:23:18 AM
PepeSilvia906 posted...
godFORBIDjelly posted...

oh nice.. Thanks for that bit of info. Now I can stop looking for impound lots in IV.
---
gmrtag~ A Red Werewolf
I'd prefer if there weren't any females. Getting tea bagged is bad enough but if I get clam slammed I'm going to lose my s***.
#9bjay88Posted 7/23/2013 12:01:49 AM
godFORBIDjelly posted...
PepeSilvia906 posted...
godFORBIDjelly posted...

oh nice.. Thanks for that bit of info. Now I can stop looking for impound lots in IV.

They were an gta:sa, although dodgy as, somehow they put a jet in there that I dumped mid flight.

DarkManX2004 posted...
You could save cars in garages in the previous GTA's, I believe abandoned cars will be taken to an impound lot and a small fee is needed to return the vehicle. I'm not sure how they will handle this as I abandon cars a lot and I cant see every abandoned car being there, maybe the last five?

I'd say only personal cars (ones you have modded) will end up there.
---
This space intentionally left blank.
#10darthcidPosted 7/23/2013 4:09:48 AM
bjay88 posted...
godFORBIDjelly posted...
PepeSilvia906 posted...
godFORBIDjelly posted...

They were an gta:sa, although dodgy as, somehow they put a jet in there that I dumped mid flight.

DarkManX2004 posted...

I'd say only personal cars (ones you have modded) will end up there.

This, but it will be cars that you buy legitimately. Think about it, you won't be able to collect somebody elses car because it is not registered to your character.