GTA V Launch Party Plans!

#1Monolithic1984Posted 7/24/2013 10:03:31 AM
Starting to plan the epic event for launch night of GTA V.
I work until 6pm on the 16th but immediately post work I plan on rounding up the guys and heading out to eat. After dinner we will make our way to Wal Mart to await the midnight release of this long awaited game!
As soon as we have our copies in hand, we will split up and head home to play the new game! One buddy preordered the Collector's Edition to ship on the 17th, so he will be heading home with me so we can both experience the game together, energy drinks in hand.
Hoorah for having Tuesday off!
Curious to see what everyone else's plans are!
#2ToucheAmorePosted 7/24/2013 10:05:59 AM
epic, epic for the win!
---
http://i.imgur.com/jnKrzaL.gif
#3AerowitzPosted 7/24/2013 10:41:16 AM
Took the week surrounding the release date off work in advance. This will be the only midnight release I will show up for.

Until GTA VI, that is.
#4bish0p2004Posted 7/24/2013 10:58:43 AM
I won't be going on launch night because I went for the AC3 launch and it was packed as hell.

So, I can only imagine what the GTA V launch will look like. I will be picking it up in the morning though and taking a week off from work :)
#5Monolithic1984(Topic Creator)Posted 7/24/2013 11:27:34 AM
Great use of vacation time! I'm nerding out for this game so hard. Lol. The last midnight launch I hit was Red Dead Redemption. There was around a dozen people in line at midnight. It was fun to meet fellow gamers and chat about the game while we waited. I'm hoping for more of that this time around!
#6BrazenMDPosted 7/24/2013 12:13:42 PM
Walmart has midnight releases?
#7Monolithic1984(Topic Creator)Posted 7/24/2013 9:06:57 PM
BrazenMD posted...
Walmart has midnight releases?

They do if you stand by the game counter and harass the hell out of whoever is unlucky enough to be working that night. Lol. True story.
#8CaIiber345Posted 7/24/2013 9:21:24 PM
I am already scheduled off from work normally on September 16, 17, 18, and I added the 19th to get extra GTA time in.

I haven't asked my local Gamestop if they're doing a midnight release. I've only been to one midnight release ever (for a game I didn't even care about, and it sucked. The release and the game...lol). Also, my wife wakes up early for work, so I wouldn't even get to spend much time with the game that night. Of course, just having it would be sweet. And it would be nice to maybe chat with other gamers. That didn't happen at the last midnight release. Most of the people there were tools. :(

But I'll just likely wake up and go pick it up on the 17th. Then I'll have the night to play it. Sadly, no one will be joining me. I'm making my own party, with pizza, coffee, 7Up, and cheese snacks. And the kitty will keep me company. However, once I load the game, and that logo appears and the music starts playing...

None of it will matter. :D
---
The Price is Right, Don Mattrick, and a nuclear submarine all walk into a bar...
Is it GTA V yet? Wake me up when it's GTA V.
#9liljroc1800Posted 7/25/2013 1:06:08 AM
CaIiber345 posted...
once I load the game, and that logo appears and the music starts playing...

Just reading that last part sent a lightning shock through my body as I jumped for joy lol, what do you think the theme song will be this time around and the intro?
#10Monolithic1984(Topic Creator)Posted 7/25/2013 5:01:07 AM
CaIiber345 posted...
I am already scheduled off from work normally on September 16, 17, 18, and I added the 19th to get extra GTA time in.

I haven't asked my local Gamestop if they're doing a midnight release. I've only been to one midnight release ever (for a game I didn't even care about, and it sucked. The release and the game...lol). Also, my wife wakes up early for work, so I wouldn't even get to spend much time with the game that night. Of course, just having it would be sweet. And it would be nice to maybe chat with other gamers. That didn't happen at the last midnight release. Most of the people there were tools. :(

But I'll just likely wake up and go pick it up on the 17th. Then I'll have the night to play it. Sadly, no one will be joining me. I'm making my own party, with pizza, coffee, 7Up, and cheese snacks. And the kitty will keep me company. However, once I load the game, and that logo appears and the music starts playing...

I can't imagine them not doing a midnight release of a game of this magnitude. Hopefully your local GameStop will. The energy of the crowd all waiting for the same game is always great to get you even more excited.
I hope the game is everything you are expecting +110%!!!