GTA IV is the worst of the series, don't lie. V will destroy its legacy

#21the_gribblePosted 8/7/2013 5:11:02 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#22nativenginePosted 8/7/2013 5:14:09 PM
ShELbY_GT500 posted...
Lmao! You can clearly see who the die hard GTA IV fanboy(s) is around here. The question is, will they be stubborn enough to admit that GTA V will be better like most of us know its going to be.

So I'm a fanboy because I appreciate what GTA4 did for the series? I also think Vice City is better then SA, does that make me a fanboy? Because I think 4 was the best in the series makes me a fanboy?

4 wasn't flawless but it improved so much of the core game, which is far more important then amount of content. Without 4, RDR and 5 wouldn't be as good as they are/will be. Just like without 3, Vice City and San Andreas wouldn't be what they are. Removing the tank and parachute were my only gripes with 4, otherwise it gave us so much more than past games. Multiplayer being a huge addition.

If 5 is better than, I will gladly admit it, seems to be the case already. Honestly, I feel your post was more fanboyish than ours.
---
Vegetarian- an old Indian word meaning bad hunter
Elected Leader of both PS3 and 360 GTAV boards
#23Perfect LightPosted 8/7/2013 5:14:19 PM
GTA IV is my favorite game of all time.

TC is going to have an aneurysm.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIbu3wJDmVQ - New gaming series
My podcast: http://misgnomeraudio.blogspot.com/
#24LonnyJohnsonPosted 8/7/2013 5:16:44 PM
Eh I thought Shelby was one of the decent ones around here, from his latest post in this thread I am seeing that this is not true.
---
Lonny "Booty" Johnson
#25greedylungsPosted 8/7/2013 5:18:45 PM
Loved it many hours grate game.
---
I don't have a PC or laptop just my smart phone and a random wi fi from some random house near me :)
#26The_nibletPosted 8/7/2013 5:19:42 PM
nativengine posted...
ShELbY_GT500 posted...
Lmao! You can clearly see who the die hard GTA IV fanboy(s) is around here. The question is, will they be stubborn enough to admit that GTA V will be better like most of us know its going to be.

So I'm a fanboy because I appreciate what GTA4 did for the series? I also think Vice City is better then SA, does that make me a fanboy? Because I think 4 was the best in the series makes me a fanboy?

4 wasn't flawless but it improved so much of the core game, which is far more important then amount of content. Without 4, RDR and 5 wouldn't be as good as they are/will be. Just like without 3, Vice City and San Andreas wouldn't be what they are. Removing the tank and parachute were my only gripes with 4, otherwise it gave us so much more than past games. Multiplayer being a huge addition.

If 5 is better than, I will gladly admit it, seems to be the case already. Honestly, I feel your post was more fanboyish than ours.

That seems to be a favorite of certain people, call anyone that doesn't agree with them a "fanboy" then of course, they use the argument "Just because I disagree doesn't make me a troll" Funny really.
---
http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/4723/mudcrabkill.png
The Infamous Mobb Deep.
#27ShELbY_GT500Posted 8/7/2013 5:20:52 PM
LonnyJohnson posted...
Eh I thought Shelby was one of the decent ones around here, from his latest post in this thread I am seeing that this is not true.

All I was pointing out is how upset someone on this board is that they've had to post the exact same thing on a multiple of occasions. Once would have gotten the point across. Its the same dude who likes to point out other people when they're mad. You guys use the word butt-hurt which is something Id never say in a real live conversation so...
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sw9O9RDQ_yA
www.videogamer.com/xbox360/grand_theft_auto_4/features/article
#28GentlemenBlackPosted 8/7/2013 5:33:28 PM
I understand what the TC is talking about. Metaphors, character development, introspection and emotional depth were also difficult for me to grasp when I was twelve.
---
Didn't you know? Apparently if your series of irrelevant numbers are higher, you win the internets
#29Sword_of_DuskPosted 8/7/2013 5:40:07 PM
nativengine posted...
ShELbY_GT500 posted...

Logic Meter +1. Nice post, native.
---
The only time a lawyer can cry is when it's all over.
#30shadyelfPosted 8/7/2013 5:53:53 PM(edited)
4 was great

people don't realize the base improvements that were needed, and only look for things like jetpacks.

I'll admit though the story felt like a boring grind and I've never really liked the whole super browngray gritty thing devs were (and some still are) going for back then though New York is brown gray gritty which just means I don't like New York
---
?