Grand Theft Auto V/Grand Theft Auto Online Confirmed Information and FAQ V1.1

#51wishfacePosted 9/21/2013 1:00:22 AMmessage detail
Viper187666 posted...
"Players can create and share their own missions via the Rockstar Social Club. Initially this will be limited to making your own races and deathmatch races"

Yeah, cause GTA is all about races. What kind of stupidity is this? We can't do custom heists? You know, what the game is really about. Brilliant.

Exactly.

I sense this game mode is going to be an underwhelming experience. Why else delay it?

the racing in GTA4 MP was dreadful. All that happened was people just smashed into each other at the first turn and treated every match as a demolition derby. It got very tedious very quickly.

Perhaps they are delaying it because they've had a rethink.

There's something odd about all this and I suspect in the long run they'd want to monetise it, though releasing a persistent onine experience at the end of the console's life is very strange.
#52WIERDJACKPosted 9/21/2013 4:02:58 AMmessage detail
great TC
---
Look if you dare ------> http://tinyurl.com/lmctd2l ...........DON'T BE AFRAID
#53clambake2Posted 9/21/2013 4:59:57 AMmessage detail
The GTA V Auto iFruit app to be installed on real world phone or tablet has ADWARE.

The Lookout Security says it contains SendDroid AD Network. So it makes changes to steer you towards more unwanted Ads on your device.

Anyone willing to install now that you know this? Will check back for your responces. Thank You !!
#54zoltan56Posted 9/21/2013 8:10:08 AMmessage detail
hey guys i was just wondering if anyone might know more about how the properties will work in online, will it be a first come first serve dealio between you and your friends?, what about how the "worlds" or "servers" will work, if you leave at any time and come back will everything be the same in your private "world" with your friends, will your stuff transfer over to another world if you join a random one?, and what i mean by first come first serve, is like will they do the houses and garages only one person can get or will it be a portal or something where you can decide to visit your friend or your own house?
#55LTJpunkPosted 9/22/2013 4:17:52 AMmessage detail
wishface posted...
I sense this game mode is going to be an underwhelming experience. Why else delay it?

The most ass-backwards thinking I've seen on this board. If GTA Online was gonna be "underwhelming", what good would delaying it 2 weeks do? Foolish. It simply wasn't ready in time to be on the disk.
---
All Agnostics are Atheists.
Cynicism is questioning motives. Skepticism is questioning beliefs. Be a skeptic, NOT a cynic.
#56_SeVeReD_Posted 9/22/2013 8:21:22 AMmessage detail
Is it basically just going to be an open world melee, or can you enter your own private games with friends where you don't have to worry about griefers following people around with RPGs and just blowing you up constantly while you're trying to do heists, robberies, play golf/tennis, and whatever else with your friends?

I can see GTAO very quickly becoming completely redundant if there's no way to stop other random players from just ruining everything constantly.
#57TGGReviews13Posted 9/22/2013 9:28:12 AMmessage detail
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#58scarecrowsPosted 9/22/2013 10:07:44 AMmessage detail
I didn't see this mentioned, are there races? What kept me playing gta iv for months were the online races. It's the major reason I bought this game but I've yet to see anything about them having online races you can queue up for. IV had leaderboards and multiple tracks with a weapons and non weapons mode for racing.
---
"You have one or more unread system notifications." = Troll successful.
#59TAS7284Posted 9/23/2013 12:18:46 PMmessage detail
_SeVeReD_ posted...
Is it basically just going to be an open world melee, or can you enter your own private games with friends where you don't have to worry about griefers following people around with RPGs and just blowing you up constantly while you're trying to do heists, robberies, play golf/tennis, and whatever else with your friends?

I can see GTAO very quickly becoming completely redundant if there's no way to stop other random players from just ruining everything constantly.

MrcTOtheJ posted...
GTA Online

-There is a passive mode where people can't shoot you and you can't shoot others so you don't get spawn killed constantly/just want to roam arround
#60sunbro1Posted 9/24/2013 7:08:09 AMmessage detail
MrcTOtheJ posted...

Yay it's my bezzie mate from the Skyrim boards!
---
Ours is the fury