i love how everyone thinks gta online is going to be awesome when in reality...

#11xM3NTALxPosted 8/15/2013 2:09:10 PM
Devilanse333 posted...
I didn't know GTA V and Saints Row were driving games. This whole time I thought they were open world sandbox games.

Grand Theft Auto?????

Saint's Row I had more fun on foot
#12trenkenPosted 8/15/2013 2:10:35 PM
i dont really know what you were expecting. This are 7+ year old consoles that are dirt cheap now. You think there's going to be 64 players in this? No way, I never expected that. You expect that when you spend a grand on a new gaming PC, not when you go buy some PS3 for $150. Old hardware so deal with it or dont buy the game.
---
WiiU | CygnusZero ///// 3DS | 1504-5688-7256
PS3 | CygnusZero
#13Devilanse333Posted 8/15/2013 2:46:39 PM
Grand Theft Auto?????

Its not a driving game. Forza, Gran Turismo...driving games.
---
XBOX Live Gamertag: DevilAnse33v2
PSN: DevilAnse33
#14gamedude00000Posted 8/15/2013 2:49:10 PM
The driving looks nothing like Saint's Row. It looks like a cross between GTA IV and the older GTA's, a good middle ground that unfortunately people are still going to cry about. Get over it.
---
Now Playing: WoW, GW2, Day Z, XCOM: Enemy Unknown
Gamefaqs Ancient Rank Reached 12/01/2011.
#15Mr_ChikoPosted 8/15/2013 5:29:51 PM
Devilanse333 posted...
Grand Theft Auto?????

You ever play gta? Driving is half the game. Damn near every mission has you drive a car at one point. Sure you can do plenty of other things but driving is pretty damn important.
---
"No idea what the Australian rating was, they're usually fairly hard on sexual content there. No pun intended." -- ferret37
#16Devilanse333Posted 8/17/2013 3:11:50 PM
You ever play gta? Driving is half the game. Damn near every mission has you drive a car at one point. Sure you can do plenty of other things but driving is pretty damn important.

For it to be a DRIVING GAME....DRIVING is all you do. You know...like Gran Turismo....Forza? Get it, yet?
---
XBOX Live Gamertag: DevilAnse33v2
PSN: DevilAnse33
#17Estabon1Posted 8/17/2013 3:42:24 PM
I'm not concerned about player limits. I'm excited about being able to have my own character in a GTA universe. I'm excited about the alternate set of story missions. I'm excited about the fact that this is a persistent, online world. Ultimately, I'm excited about the fact that R* clearly intends to keep this going for years, expanding it, growing it, and the implication that if GTAO will still be going in 3 years, it'll probably be going longer. It'll probably be coming to next-gen consoles. And chances are, the player cap will probably increase.

Obviously, this isn't based on facts, but from what I've read, they have no interest in making this a short term thing. Leslie suggested that they're already working on content to put both Liberty and Vice cities in GTAO, and that it could get much bigger. GTAIV had multiplayer with the same player cap, yes. It also took place in a much smaller world with practically nothing to do. This is a much different story, with a wide breadth of activities to participate in. And if you honestly think R* has some tiny servers, you are probably off your rocker.

No, they're not known for heavy MP games that would require such things, but it's not like they don't have money for it. There's also definitely a reason that GTAO is launching in October and not when the game is released, and it's probably tied into that. They also need to host not only many servers with different persistent worlds, user customized content, and online play, but also any future content they make. The Houser bros probably made an investment. They didn't get where they are by being idiots.
---
XBL GT: Estabon89
From a problematic PC to a whiney girlfriend, nothing beats a foot full of fury.- Bubs
#18OhHeyltsYouPosted 8/17/2013 3:53:33 PM(edited)
Devilanse333 posted...
Grand Theft Auto?????

Did you forget what the term Auto meant? Not saying it's a driving game 100% of the time, but there is A LOT of driving in it.

Anyways.. I could care less about online. I usually just **** around with 3-4 friends anyways.
---
PSN: NaturaIBorn
#19revan292Posted 8/17/2013 4:04:23 PM
troll topic
---
Suicide is a permanent solution to a permanent problem, people have a right to die. You disagree? that means you're an idiot :D
#20dot_hack_pavesPosted 8/17/2013 4:04:51 PM
It's so funny how people keep whining about the player limit. You must have literally no friends. I will be playing with several of my friends so I dot really care what the other people are doing. I'm not gonna be robbing people because I'm just not into ruining other people's fun so I will be co opping with buddies. Seriously. People who complain about the player limit need to find something else to whine about. Just accept that the game is going to be almost perfect
---
GT - paves911