Something isn't right with this game

#11trenkenPosted 8/16/2013 1:11:49 PM
And by the way, since when did graphics ever matter in a GTA game anyway? This game doesnt look as good as Uncharted, nor does it need to. VC and SA looked horrendous at the time they were released. GTA4 obviously was better, but go play it now, its a muddy mess compared to many other games that came out at that time.

Same with 5, it looks better than 4, but its still not up there with some of the better looking games out there which is what their CEO talked about, but it doesnt need to look like that either. Id rather them lower the quality of the graphics and keep the framerate rock solid. Thats the most important thing in a game with hectic missions.
---
WiiU | CygnusZero ///// 3DS | 1504-5688-7256
PS3 | CygnusZero
#12Naptown91Posted 8/16/2013 1:20:48 PM
Trenken. Do you enjoy ANYTHING?
---
Lurking since 2000
#13Mentalpatient87Posted 8/16/2013 1:34:17 PM
Naptown91 posted...
Trenken. Do you enjoy ANYTHING?

Whining. He loves that.
---
"Star bringing purple! Star bringing yorbel! STOP BRINGING YORBEL! STOP RINGING YOUR BELL!"
#14MestreRothGFPosted 8/16/2013 1:35:43 PM(edited)
^^
I worry about that. A LOT.

Actually, every month I google GTA V frame rate and re-read everything. To me, this is what can still ruin the game. It is what keeps my hype in almost acceptable levels.
#15TOO_BAD_FOR_UPosted 8/16/2013 3:37:31 PM
trenken posted...
And by the way, since when did graphics ever matter in a GTA game anyway? This game doesnt look as good as Uncharted, nor does it need to. VC and SA looked horrendous at the time they were released. GTA4 obviously was better, but go play it now, its a muddy mess compared to many other games that came out at that time.

Same with 5, it looks better than 4, but its still not up there with some of the better looking games out there which is what their CEO talked about, but it doesnt need to look like that either. Id rather them lower the quality of the graphics and keep the framerate rock solid. Thats the most important thing in a game with hectic missions.

What? I thought San Andreas looked amazing when it released.

o.O
---
"At least IW is trying to change CoD's gameplay unlike DICE." - JonJonFTW
PSN: TOO_CRAZY_FOR_U / -Best Sarcastaball Player on Gamefaqs-
#16gtaking5Posted 8/16/2013 3:41:41 PM
The catch is that the frame rate isn't going to be very good, especially in situations where the game is rendering lots of distant scenery.

Every preview and video is captured running on a PS3. The game, even back in October 2012, was running at a very stable 30 FPS the entire time. CVG, among others, reconfirmed that the game ran extremely smooth, for what it is, when they got their 50 minute hands off, GTA Online preview.
---
Damn Dude
#17baueris24Posted 8/16/2013 4:05:34 PM
trenken posted...
Watch the gameplay vids, especially that multiplayer vid, the graphics arent that impressive, and this was just admitted by R*'s CEO in an interview thats been posted here a million times. He said its impossible to have an open world game like this and make it look as good as uncharted or any of those linear games. the graphics look ok to me, not great.

I got to disagree with you there. I think GTA V looks graphically way better then most games that aren't open world. I've never played the Uncharted games, but I saw the first one being played in person and GTA V is 1000 times better looking. I've never seen Uncharted 2 or 3 in person so I can't comment there but from the footage I saw on TV shows and commercials, I think GTA V is better looking.

Same with what I saw of The Last of Us on tv shows: I think GTA V looks better. Now granted I haven't seen some of these games in person which obviously makes a big difference but I haven't seen GTA V in person either so it's an equal comparison. It's really down to personal taste as to what looks better.
#18Offworlder1Posted 8/16/2013 4:16:03 PM
GTA:SA was said to not be possible yet that huge world was amazing back in 2004 and the scope is still impressive today as it was a very ambitious game and the GTA that pushed the limit big time.

If they could do that large a world back then and now we have much better tech and more power in the current gen systems I'd say GTA V is more then possible, even RDR showed a huge world was possible set in the old west.

GTA IV was when they did not have much experience or knowledge about their RAGE engine, for GTA V they know it very well and GTA V is the proof of this.
---
"Always two there are, a master and an apprentice"