Any word on unarmed combat

#1ipl20Posted 8/22/2013 6:36:08 AM
one of my favorite games ever was The Warriors i loved how real and fun the fighting felt is there any news on what the fighting will be like in this? I remember hearing a while ago it was going to be more "in depth" but haven't heard anything else, i think this game would be perfect if it had a warriors style fighting system
#2DMan304Posted 8/22/2013 7:00:08 AM
I don't remember which preview, but they've said it's more freeform and built for a crowd of people, kind of like the Batman Arkham games.

I don't know if it will have the combos and counters like that game, but it sounds similar to the crowd fighting style.
---
http://i.imgur.com/Bod2G1j.gif
http://i.imgur.com/S6KJS3l.gif http://i.imgur.com/3igx6Ty.gif
#3lokidreamweaverPosted 8/22/2013 7:08:17 AM
ipl20 posted...
one of my favorite games ever was The Warriors i loved how real and fun the fighting felt is there any news on what the fighting will be like in this? I remember hearing a while ago it was going to be more "in depth" but haven't heard anything else, i think this game would be perfect if it had a warriors style fighting system

Each character will have there own unique fighting style=warriors

Free form with out a lock on=warriors

Melee weapons are in machete, hammer=warriors

Counters are in=warriors

Throws, and dodging are currently unknown as well if there will be light, and heavy attacks. Still I am guessing its going to be a pretty slick, and fun system from what we know right now.
#4mst3kfan78Posted 8/22/2013 8:12:04 AM
While I do hope that it is improved over the abysmal controls of IV, I really hope there aren't any of the missions where you are forced to fist fight someone. I always hated that in other GTA games.

"Go beat up that person until they're dead."

"I do have a gun you know. How about I just shoot him in the head?"

"NO! YOU USE THE CRAPPY FIGHTING MECHANICS AND BEAT THEM UNTIL THEY ARE DEAD! IF YOU SHOOT THEM I'LL SAY YOU FAILED THE MISSION!"

"How about my baseball bat? Can I use that instead? It's so much easier to use than hand to hand combat."

"ARE YOU ****ING DEAF?! USE YOUR FISTS LIKE A MAN YOU LITTLE *****!"

"Fine." *gets knocked to the ground by mis-timing a counter and the NPC proceeds to pummel you to death because the game won't let you get back up quick enough*
---
Isn't it odd that Mr. or Mrs. high morals only problem with GTA V is prostitution? Not the rampant theft, murder and general disregard for life?
#5lokidreamweaverPosted 8/22/2013 8:29:44 AM
mst3kfan78 posted...
While I do hope that it is improved over the abysmal controls of IV, I really hope there aren't any of the missions where you are forced to fist fight someone. I always hated that in other GTA games.

"NO! YOU USE THE CRAPPY FIGHTING MECHANICS AND BEAT THEM UNTIL THEY ARE DEAD! IF YOU SHOOT THEM I'LL SAY YOU FAILED THE MISSION!"

"How about my baseball bat? Can I use that instead? It's so much easier to use than hand to hand combat."

"Fine." *gets knocked to the ground by mis-timing a counter and the NPC proceeds to pummel you to death because the game won't let you get back up quick enough*

They claim its the best melee system they have made yet.
#6huyiPosted 8/22/2013 12:19:21 PM
mst3kfan78 posted...

LOL that was funny :)
---
UK Female Gamer
PC specs: AMD FX BULLDOZER 4100 QUAD CORE 4.0ghz ATI HD6670 8GB RAM 1TB HDD DLC THE GAME http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h472NmF1HEQ
#7smallvillefan26Posted 8/22/2013 12:57:05 PM
lokidreamweaver posted...
ipl20 posted...

Each character will have there own unique fighting style=warriors

Free form with out a lock on=warriors

Melee weapons are in machete, hammer=warriors

Counters are in=warriors

Throws, and dodging are currently unknown as well if there will be light, and heavy attacks. Still I am guessing its going to be a pretty slick, and fun system from what we know right now.

source please
#8mst3kfan78Posted 8/22/2013 2:29:47 PM
huyi posted...

LOL that was funny :)

Thank you. That was one of the things I hated from the previous games. The restrictions on how you got the job done. I hope they loosen up in this game.
---
Isn't it odd that Mr. or Mrs. high morals only problem with GTA V is prostitution? Not the rampant theft, murder and general disregard for life?