Is this game okay for my 16-Year old to play?

#1BeatleslegendPosted 8/24/2013 9:04:49 PM
I think it should be fine, I basically told him I would probably be fine with it. He almost there and He's pretty mature, taking college classes and driving already. He even asked me if I was cool with it. But, I figured, I should just ask your opinions first. It's not coming out for a while and I need to go with him to buy it, I've got some time yet. Maybe there's something that will change my opinion.
---
Posting from a touchscreen phone, apolgies for any typos
#2dataDyneSoldierPosted 8/24/2013 9:06:15 PM
Definitely not. The violence is okay, but there is NUDITY! Keep him away!!!
#3Saq02Posted 8/24/2013 9:09:25 PM
I would say so, because even if you said no, he might just play it at a friends house, or play it when you are out.
---
Playing: Skyrim, Trials Gold Ed, Dishonored, GRID 2, Dirt 3, Gotham City Imposters F2P, Krater.
#4Erik_PPosted 8/24/2013 9:11:11 PM
Is this a joke topic?

We don't know a damn thing about your kid, we don't know if he's mature enough to handle the content.

Google exists. Use it and educate yourself.
---
Signatures go here
#5HardDifficultyPosted 8/24/2013 9:13:21 PM
My nephew's first video game he ever played was GTA SA, It's not like he is going to turn into a serial killer or a psycho murderer, so I guess it's okay for your son.
#6Beatleslegend(Topic Creator)Posted 8/24/2013 9:18:06 PM
dataDyneSoldier posted...

Are you serious right now? In your eyes, mild nudity is worse than murder? Not that I think he can't handle violence, but it's ridiculous to suggest he can't handle a little nudity if he can handle murder. I think you're joking, a bit of nudity isn't going to change my mind.
---
Posting from a touchscreen phone, apolgies for any typos
#7jerrbear64Posted 8/24/2013 9:20:48 PM
Well i'm 16 and like your son I am taking college classes and driving. It should be fine, I first played the PS2 GTAs when I was like 10 or 11.
#8admiral84Posted 8/24/2013 9:24:06 PM
Raise your own damn kid.
---
XBL Tag: StandloneCmplex
That's funny, my kids are called Morrowind, Vivec and Mudcrab Merchant. ~Solusx2
#9HELLWOLF06Posted 8/24/2013 9:28:47 PM
Beatleslegend posted...
dataDyneSoldier posted...

Are you serious right now? In your eyes, mild nudity is worse than murder? Not that I think he can't handle violence, but it's ridiculous to suggest he can't handle a little nudity if he can handle murder. I think you're joking, a bit of nudity isn't going to change my mind.

its an inside joke .-. basically if it wasn't for the "nudity" in the game the game would get a T rating from the ESRB (Entertainment Software Rating Board ) a previous game got bumped up from Mature to Adults Only because some parent complained about a Modification to the game that enabled content that Rockstar disabled the content being sexual and that a child saw it ignoring the fact that 1. a child was playing the game and 2. you needed to hack the game to see said content ...

any way that asside what will be depicted in the game probably wont be any worse than what you see on day to day television actually it would probably be cleaner and more child friendly ...
---
Try to find Gamefaqs http://xkcd.com/802_large/
http://i1111.photobucket.com/albums/h474/BunnySock/mabinogi_2012_07_10_001.jpg
#10Saq02Posted 8/24/2013 9:31:12 PM
What you see on tv is content you cannot interact with though, in a game it's entirely the opposite.
---
Playing: Skyrim, Trials Gold Ed, Dishonored, GRID 2, Dirt 3, Gotham City Imposters F2P, Krater.