Midnight Release Question

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Grand Theft Auto V
  3. Midnight Release Question

User Info: Darkness3389

Darkness3389
3 years ago#1
I plan to go to the midnight release of GTA V. I didn't go to the midnight release of GTA IV. I bought it online on Amazon. What was the lines like for the release of GTA IV like how many people should I expect? I live in Los Angeles and just to give you guys an idea...when Battlefield 3 came out, I went to the midnight release of it, also Ultimate Marvel V.S. Capcom 3 came out that same night and the line was bout 50-60 people long. I got there around 11:45 and was about the 48 person in line and got back home at around 12:30. Should I expect GTA V to be way longer?
GT- EndingEye - Patriots, Lakers, Dodgers, Galaxy & Kings Fan
Kobe Bryant 81 points V.S. Toronto Raptor 1/22/06 Historic

User Info: A_Long_December

A_Long_December
3 years ago#2
Midnight releases are one of the worst things ever

User Info: AndyMoeller

AndyMoeller
3 years ago#3
I have no idea for GTA 4 but I would think GTA 5 will sell 3 times as much as Battlefield, on the other hand it might be more younger players with GTA who cannot attend a midnight launch.
tigers or dinosaurs better be in this game (in all games!)

User Info: Darkness3389

Darkness3389
3 years ago#4
Well I have Jury Duty the next day so I would like to spend a little time on GTA before possibly having to spend all of my time the next day and rest of the week at the court house.
GT- EndingEye - Patriots, Lakers, Dodgers, Galaxy & Kings Fan
Kobe Bryant 81 points V.S. Toronto Raptor 1/22/06 Historic

User Info: BENGALSFAN81

BENGALSFAN81
3 years ago#5
Darkness3389 posted...
Well I have Jury Duty the next day so I would like to spend a little time on GTA before possibly having to spend all of my time the next day and rest of the week at the court house.

The Gamestop that I work at has 500 pre orders as of yesterday. So assuming all of them make it out, most places will have extremely long lines.
You my hero are a zero

User Info: TRC187

TRC187
3 years ago#6
A_Long_December posted...
Midnight releases are one of the worst things ever

I keep hearing this and I'm surprised. The Gamestop that I go to has a slick system, I'm in and out of there in 15 min usually, if there is a line it goes lightning fast.
"Its as American as apple pie, baseball & pain killers"..

User Info: A_Long_December

A_Long_December
3 years ago#7
Maybe it's an English thing

All the employees want to talk to you about is their mates indie game company that I should check out

Full of 15 year olds with their parents shoving past you

And you get some creepy people going

User Info: ssj5goku2005

ssj5goku2005
3 years ago#8
For GTA you might want to go early...like a few hours early

However, sometimes waiting in line isn't all bad...I went to the midnight release of Saints Row 4...there was only like 8 people in line so we had some hilarious conversations in between when me and my friend got there at like 11 and when midnight hit
not changing this sig until i feel like it - started 6.23.2009

User Info: pacmanreborn88

pacmanreborn88
3 years ago#9
it is better to pick up the game the next day. the lines are long. midnight release aint worth it. go to sleep then wake up
#teamxboxwon

User Info: bjay88

bjay88
3 years ago#10
Darkness3389 posted...

Simple, first day you say u know the guy.
This space intentionally left blank.
  1. Boards
  2. Grand Theft Auto V
  3. Midnight Release Question

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived