Are you going to the midnight launch?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Grand Theft Auto V
  3. Are you going to the midnight launch?
2 years ago#1
I have the day off from work on that September 15 and I get off early on that Friday. So I defintely plan on going to the midnight launch at Gamestop. Gonna hang out and eat dinner at the Buffalo Wild Wing with a few friends who are also going to the midnight launch and then head across the street to Gamestop at about 11:30 to pick up out copies and then play late into the night! To bad GTA Online doesn't launch until October 1st..... What about you guys? (And no I am not a little kid by the way I am 25).
2 years ago#2
Maybe. Depends if I feel like driving that night and how many people will be in line. More than likely I will just swing by the next day though, even if I got the game midnight release I might not even play it until the next day when i'm not falling asleep haha.
You touched the mark of death itself, bring more souls Slayer of Demons..
The Maiden in Black's Blessing-
2 years ago#3
2 years ago#4
Well just had a interview for GameStop yesterday and if I get the job I'll hopefully get to work it. Might just go ahead and get a copy there too while I'm at it though since my two from R* warehouse won't be in for a few days at least.
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.11
2 years ago#5
Yea I only been to a few midnight launches and they have been fun for the most part. The best one that I went to was for Halo 3. My gamestop had a DJ, Mountain Dew reps ( mostly hot girls) where they passing out that nasty game fuel drink and chips, and tons of games and prizes and the line was HUGE.
2 years ago#6
Heck yeah! Going to a midnight release at a local game shop to pick up my Special Edition copy of the game. Going with a group of friends and making an evening of it. Dinner, standing in line, then a "First Viewing" party!
2 years ago#7
I would, but I'd be going alone and that really isn't much fun. I've only been to one midnight release and it was for a game that I didn't even really care about; I just went to go, since the store is two minutes away from my house. It soured me on the experience so I'd rather not go alone. :(
"Because I'm the guy that kills bad guys." Peter Quinn, Homeland
GTA V: Jet Fighter Deer Hunting
2 years ago#8
I have work at 6 am but I'll be going just to grab the game and run the install. I don't like going across town to get my kid from school then going across town again to get the game in school traffic, then through that traffic again to get home.
2 years ago#9
yeah i booked the week off work for the game that way i don't have to waste time going to get it the tuesday when in thst time i will be playing it :D
Chelsea European Champions 2012.
Not changing this until Liverpool scum win their first title in 23 years and counting.
2 years ago#10
Yep. Im 27 and I will be there. The population in my town is only 20,000 so theres never more than 30 ppl there for midnight releases, Ive been to 2 this will be my 3rd. I go alone and just sit in the car listening to music until about 11:55 because the ppl there are not my type of crowd lol. Oh well, not like u gotta talk. Im a night owl too so Ill be up until at least 1-2 anyway
  1. Boards
  2. Grand Theft Auto V
  3. Are you going to the midnight launch?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived