Are you going to the midnight launch?

#1Blizz87Posted 9/3/2013 11:52:49 AM
I have the day off from work on that September 15 and I get off early on that Friday. So I defintely plan on going to the midnight launch at Gamestop. Gonna hang out and eat dinner at the Buffalo Wild Wing with a few friends who are also going to the midnight launch and then head across the street to Gamestop at about 11:30 to pick up out copies and then play late into the night! To bad GTA Online doesn't launch until October 1st..... What about you guys? (And no I am not a little kid by the way I am 25).
#2Necro_Fear89Posted 9/3/2013 11:55:28 AM
Maybe. Depends if I feel like driving that night and how many people will be in line. More than likely I will just swing by the next day though, even if I got the game midnight release I might not even play it until the next day when i'm not falling asleep haha.
---
You touched the mark of death itself, bring more souls Slayer of Demons..
The Maiden in Black's Blessing- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vByX90Ezn0s
#3Blizz87(Topic Creator)Posted 9/3/2013 11:55:41 AM
Anyone?
#4Samurai_ManPosted 9/3/2013 11:55:45 AM
Well just had a interview for GameStop yesterday and if I get the job I'll hopefully get to work it. Might just go ahead and get a copy there too while I'm at it though since my two from R* warehouse won't be in for a few days at least.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.11
#5Blizz87(Topic Creator)Posted 9/3/2013 11:59:08 AM
Yea I only been to a few midnight launches and they have been fun for the most part. The best one that I went to was for Halo 3. My gamestop had a DJ, Mountain Dew reps ( mostly hot girls) where they passing out that nasty game fuel drink and chips, and tons of games and prizes and the line was HUGE.
#6Monolithic1984Posted 9/3/2013 12:02:06 PM
Heck yeah! Going to a midnight release at a local game shop to pick up my Special Edition copy of the game. Going with a group of friends and making an evening of it. Dinner, standing in line, then a "First Viewing" party!
#7CaIiber345Posted 9/3/2013 12:05:41 PM
I would, but I'd be going alone and that really isn't much fun. I've only been to one midnight release and it was for a game that I didn't even really care about; I just went to go, since the store is two minutes away from my house. It soured me on the experience so I'd rather not go alone. :(
---
"Because I'm the guy that kills bad guys." Peter Quinn, Homeland
GTA V: Jet Fighter Deer Hunting
#8PvtPorkSordPosted 9/3/2013 12:16:46 PM
I have work at 6 am but I'll be going just to grab the game and run the install. I don't like going across town to get my kid from school then going across town again to get the game in school traffic, then through that traffic again to get home.
#9cfcmanPosted 9/3/2013 12:23:52 PM
yeah i booked the week off work for the game that way i don't have to waste time going to get it the tuesday when in thst time i will be playing it :D
---
Chelsea European Champions 2012.
Not changing this until Liverpool scum win their first title in 23 years and counting.
#10MyPawnBear77Posted 9/3/2013 12:24:44 PM
Yep. Im 27 and I will be there. The population in my town is only 20,000 so theres never more than 30 ppl there for midnight releases, Ive been to 2 this will be my 3rd. I go alone and just sit in the car listening to music until about 11:55 because the ppl there are not my type of crowd lol. Oh well, not like u gotta talk. Im a night owl too so Ill be up until at least 1-2 anyway