GTA Online

#11CruorComaPosted 9/5/2013 3:08:12 AM
GTAO has been hyped up as its own thing because GTAO will probably get a release on next-gen(and pepped up to an MMO), whilst V itself won't.
---
If you have a problem with potheads, throw your computer out the window right now. Why should you be able leech off the creativity of those you condemn?
#12gtaking5Posted 9/5/2013 3:14:35 AM
not that it doesnt sound like a good thing its just... slightly confusing.

Just don't think about it, and all that confusion will disappear.
---
Nobody tells me what I want!
#13chriss1Posted 9/5/2013 3:17:40 AM
TRC187 posted...
chriss1 posted...
TRC187 posted...
SuperVegito2487 posted...
GTA online is just V's multiplayer right??

if so then why that fancy name?

I thought the same. Difference is it has a completely different mission set and is actually the prequel to GTA V. It is essentially its own game, with the inclusion of online / multiplayer.

Noooo, this is their vision of what they always intended the online to be like, so their just calling it this to let everyone know, that their vision has finally come to life. This will be their building of the gta universe, which sometime in the future, will be many gamers playing at once, just like a MMO.

This is why im so excited, cause we are witnessing the start of something that will be great. Maybr one day, it will be something as big as our present day popular MMOs.

Uh, ok wtf are you talking about...My description is completely accurate, but simply summarized better than yours. And its definitely NOT like an MMO according to IGN.

we agree to disagree. Rockstar themselves said the words MMO first before anyone else did.
#14patcooper114Posted 9/5/2013 6:08:51 AM
chriss1 posted...
TRC187 posted...
chriss1 posted...
TRC187 posted...
SuperVegito2487 posted...
GTA online is just V's multiplayer right??

if so then why that fancy name?

I thought the same. Difference is it has a completely different mission set and is actually the prequel to GTA V. It is essentially its own game, with the inclusion of online / multiplayer.

Noooo, this is their vision of what they always intended the online to be like, so their just calling it this to let everyone know, that their vision has finally come to life. This will be their building of the gta universe, which sometime in the future, will be many gamers playing at once, just like a MMO.

This is why im so excited, cause we are witnessing the start of something that will be great. Maybr one day, it will be something as big as our present day popular MMOs.

Uh, ok wtf are you talking about...My description is completely accurate, but simply summarized better than yours. And its definitely NOT like an MMO according to IGN.

we agree to disagree. Rockstar themselves said the words MMO first before anyone else did.

16 players is not MASSIVE. Would you consider RDR multiplayer to be an MMO? Just because you can buy a crib and have the other 15 players in game come to the crib doesnt make it an mmo.
---
psn= patcooper
#15BIVPosted 9/5/2013 6:25:48 AM
I also think they wanted to emphasize it as being separate because of the separate release date.
---
Opie and Anthony XM CH. 202 Sirius CH. 197 wackbag.com
"I like can climb house. Much thank you." -Five Star RVD 3
#16patcooper114Posted 9/5/2013 7:55:06 AM
BIV posted...
I also think they wanted to emphasize it as being separate because of the separate release date.

no they want you to enjoy playing the single player first. enjoy the story explore the city get to know all the features of the game. and then 2 weeks later jump into the online world. same release date you just cant play online until October 1st.
---
psn= patcooper
#17SuperVegito2487(Topic Creator)Posted 9/5/2013 8:01:17 AM
^Odd i think i saw it sad GTAO launched the 17th...

hmm oh well im going story first anyways so either its meh news or good news.
---
Adam Savage: LET'S PILLAGE
Tory Bellici: I don't think that's legal in California
#18James_UptonPosted 9/5/2013 8:02:20 AM
gtaking5 posted...
GTA Online will be expanded upon constantly, as well as being upgraded(engine wise) with every subsequent GTA release.

Do you have a source for this?
#19TOO_BAD_FOR_UPosted 9/5/2013 8:28:57 AM
The assumptions are strong with this thread.
---
"At least IW is trying to change CoD's gameplay unlike DICE." - JonJonFTW
PSN: TOO_CRAZY_FOR_U / -Best Sarcastaball Player on Gamefaqs-
#20gtaking5Posted 9/5/2013 1:28:04 PM
Do you have a source for this?

The Leslie Benzies interview.

^Odd i think i saw it sad GTAO launched the 17th...

October 1st. 2 weeks after GTA V.
---
Nobody tells me what I want!