Los Santos is 5X larger than Gta SA, GTA IV, and GTA Red Dead all combined...?

#71Epic_McDudePosted 9/6/2013 4:15:10 PM
_Floater_ posted...
Do some of you people find no fun in exploration? That's probably what I'm MOST excited for about this game. The freedom to just walk/drive/fly around this giant map with beautiful landscapes.

I actually find plenty of fun in and enjoyment in exploration. The bigger, the better!

I still think Rockstar pulled that statement out of their asses.
---
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." -Hunter S. Thompson
#72yarouPosted 9/6/2013 4:19:19 PM
Denouncer_989 posted...
slayerxelite posted...
If that is true, then it is completely, completely stupid. No one is going to enjoy spending literally an hour just to get from one end of the map to the other.

THIS!
Why do people want a map the size of the planet?! Really, it only makes getting from one mission to the next that much more tiresome. Obviously it needs to be of a reasonable size for the purpose of exploring, side missions etc. but not excessively so.

1. Fast Travel, you should know by now this is more than likely be possible.

2. Who says you're going to NEED to go from one edge of the map to the other?
They're more than likely be moving the main safe-house from place to place as the story progresses, its your choice if you want to do go back and forth.

3. Even if the last 2 points are incorrect, you forget we're gonna have 3 characters we can control and switch to at any time, so even if you're at one edge of the map and want to move to the other, you'll probably be able to just switch to a different character to maybe not be at the other side, but at least be a lot closer.

Really people, think about what game you're making the complains to.
#73The_DOAMPosted 9/6/2013 4:54:31 PM
Let me guess about 55% of the world map is either ocean, forest, desert, mountain, or just your typical barren wasteland.

15% will be comprised of the road, railways, and waterways.

10% for buildings you cannot enter

Which leaves 20% for everything else

Now how long will it takes to find that sasquatch if I use the jet pack. Then again they'll probably toss zombies into the game as that's a thing. Though I'd rather have giant godzilla style monsters terrorizing the map if it's as big as they say.
---
Ignorance is Bliss...
#74F_WolfPosted 9/6/2013 5:05:05 PM
Denouncer_989 posted...
slayerxelite posted...
If that is true, then it is completely, completely stupid. No one is going to enjoy spending literally an hour just to get from one end of the map to the other.

THIS!
Why do people want a map the size of the planet?! Really, it only makes getting from one mission to the next that much more tiresome. Obviously it needs to be of a reasonable size for the purpose of exploring, side missions etc. but not excessively so.

*points at minecraft sales*
#75logan143445345Posted 9/6/2013 5:20:18 PM
its bigger then them all combined but its 5x bigger then red dead which was about 50 sq
#76freesithPosted 9/6/2013 5:52:06 PM
http://kotaku.com/this-years-biggest-video-game-is-not-call-of-duty-or-1211560224
---
I take solace in knowing that consoles can never cause a Steam outage.
#77Whitemike20052(Topic Creator)Posted 9/6/2013 7:52:03 PM
Damn son where'd you find this?
---
'Don't tell me to calm down. Don't EVER tell me to calm down! I'll shoot you 3 *** in the head and TAKE your damn farm!'
THE GAME
#78TRC187Posted 9/6/2013 7:58:19 PM
freesith posted...
http://kotaku.com/this-years-biggest-video-game-is-not-call-of-duty-or-1211560224

The scale is off. RDR is not just slightly bigger than IV as seen on the chart.
---
"Its as American as apple pie, baseball & pain killers"..
#79ciaimpalaPosted 9/6/2013 8:28:58 PM
The playable area of RDR is actually close to the size of IV including water surrounding the islands. Of course the whole map is just short of SA.

For V, Los Santos edges out IV's total map size. The whole island actually comes out to be about the size of SA, IV, and RDR.

I'm getting this from various sources on GTAForums. They've show their calculations and multiple people have come to the same conclusion using differing methods.
#80bond465Posted 9/6/2013 10:21:31 PM
rockstar has stated that gta 5 is 3.5x Red dead redemptions map.