Do you need to be online to install the GTA V hardware?

#1Dark_volkswagenPosted 9/9/2013 10:36:49 PM
My online is currently down and I don't want to know I cant play on my first day. did this happen with IV?
---
Napalms and nukes may break my bones, but machine guns will never hurt me.
#2more_cow_bellPosted 9/9/2013 10:39:21 PM
no you won't need internet to install GTA V.
---
Amelia Earhart flew a lot of airplanes Except for that one time when she didn't come back
#3Dark_volkswagen(Topic Creator)Posted 9/9/2013 10:45:17 PM
because some games say "you need to upgrade your online to play this game" and even if you're not gonna play online it requires an upgrade before you continue to advance to the loading screens.
---
Napalms and nukes may break my bones, but machine guns will never hurt me.
#4baueris24Posted 9/10/2013 5:51:05 AM
I don't have online for my 360 (only have dial up) and I never have had it. Sometimes newer games will say you need to install a system update before continuing... in all the cases that it said that, the update is right on the game disc itself... no online needed! I have no reason to believe that this game will be any different.
#5bjay88Posted 9/10/2013 5:57:38 AM
No, If u don't have an Internet connection the game won't know there is an update unless its included on the disk, in which case.
No
---
This space intentionally left blank.
#6ptr362Posted 9/10/2013 6:07:30 AM
Dark_volkswagen posted...
because some games say "you need to upgrade your online to play this game" and even if you're not gonna play online it requires an upgrade before you continue to advance to the loading screens.

I'm guessing it may need a update once GTA Online is available to play 2 weeks after release. But you're not going to be playing that anyway so not going to be an issue for you.