stock market. can we affect prices?

#1fuzzdamanPosted 9/13/2013 11:07:10 PM
If we as a player continually rob the burger joints , will our actions alter the share price so we can buy shares at rock bottom? Then wait for the burger joints shares to increase before selling . Not ethical, but neither was Gordon Gekko.
---
About to enter a GTA coma.
#2liljroc1800Posted 9/13/2013 11:17:49 PM
Bump

I wanna know that too, I've seen a bit of gameplay but I haven't seen anyone try to effect the stock market directly.
#3fuzzdaman(Topic Creator)Posted 9/13/2013 11:27:33 PM
Thought it was an interesting topic for discussion. Obviously everyone else would rather whinge and complain about maps, car damage, blah blah blah.
---
#4chriss1Posted 9/13/2013 11:28:17 PM
fuzzdaman posted...
If we as a player continually rob the burger joints , will our actions alter the share price so we can buy shares at rock bottom? Then wait for the burger joints shares to increase before selling . Not ethical, but neither was Gordon Gekko.

Yes, i think thats exactly how it will work in the game. Rob the burger joints and the stock will start to lower, buy up a lot of stock dirt cheap. Then stop robbing the place and your investment start to make you money.

Think this is what rockstar wants us to do, do things that have an real impact on the market, which is robberies and blowing up stuff.
#5fuzzdaman(Topic Creator)Posted 9/13/2013 11:29:25 PM
Crash a heap of airplanes and make their stocks soar! Pun intended!
---
#6Razor2602Posted 9/13/2013 11:30:07 PM
From the lezlie benzies interview not too long ago about gta online if a crew was to go around blowing up a certain manufacturer of cars their share price would increase due to insurance replacing them, since theyve already stated everything from single player transfers to Multi player im leaning towards yes.

Still gonna hold up a few burger shots and trash them to be sure though see if their stocks drop
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWSIFh8ICaA
#7holden4everPosted 9/13/2013 11:31:00 PM
Yes you can.

Mild spoilers.

In one mission Lester buys shares in a company and you have to mess with a rival to lower their share price and raise the ones you own.
---
http://thebulldogs.com.au/media/logo_2010.png
#8CRABSOFDOOMPosted 9/13/2013 11:32:18 PM
chriss1 posted...
fuzzdaman posted...

Yes, i think thats exactly how it will work in the game. Rob the burger joints and the stock will start to lower, buy up a lot of stock dirt cheap. Then stop robbing the place and your investment start to make you money.

Think this is what rockstar wants us to do, do things that have an real impact on the market, which is robberies and blowing up stuff.

Hmm i sense maxed out cash in a week
---
console peasants can not be TRUSTED
#9Razor2602Posted 9/13/2013 11:33:06 PM
holden4ever posted...
Yes you can.

Mild spoilers.

In one mission Lester buys shares in a company and you have to mess with a rival to lower their share price and raise the ones you own.

day 1 mischief confirmed
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWSIFh8ICaA
#10fuzzdaman(Topic Creator)Posted 9/14/2013 12:02:20 AM
I suppose it was the plot of the much disliked quantum of solice. Can't wait to stuff around and reap the dodgey trading benefits!
---