Midnight release question

#1Chop_ShopPosted 9/14/2013 5:38:43 AM
The absolute soonest I could make it out would be 10 but, by the sounds of it, there's going to be tons of people...I really don't want to stand in line "no I'm not trying to cut" I just wonder how long midnight a release usually last...like can I leave my house at midnight, go eat at the steak&shake across the street, and hope the crowd has died down?
---
XBL: alliekat7738
3DS FC: 2621-2654-4927
#2SaxonPosted 9/14/2013 5:43:55 AM
You could easily be waiting longer than you ever expected because a lot of people will slow down the line making trade-ins.
#3davidmreade83Posted 9/14/2013 5:50:21 AM
Saxon posted...
You could easily be waiting longer than you ever expected because a lot of people will slow down the line making trade-ins.

Damn traders, I was behind someone a while back who was trading in about 50 PS2 games for about 50p each.

OP, if you have it pre ordered at the store then you might as well wait untill everyone else leaves. Maybe check if they have a closing time though.
#4SaxonPosted 9/14/2013 5:56:20 AM
Gamestop should not allow trade ins at midnight on release, but of course they won't do that when they can get relatively new games super cheap from desperate and broke gamers who will do anything to get their hands on GTA 5.

#5srh-kingspadePosted 9/14/2013 5:56:39 AM
Chop_Shop posted...
The absolute soonest I could make it out would be 10 but, by the sounds of it, there's going to be tons of people...I really don't want to stand in line "no I'm not trying to cut" I just wonder how long midnight a release usually last...like can I leave my house at midnight, go eat at the steak&shake across the street, and hope the crowd has died down?

My Gamestop is handling the midnight release differently this time around. Instead of the typical midnight release that most Gamestops do, mine is actually doing a group kind of thing based on what time you come in to finalize your purchase. Basically the earlier you go in and get checked off, the earlier you get your copy at midnight. Why don't you try and give yours a call to see if they're doing anything like that?
#6Chop_Shop(Topic Creator)Posted 9/14/2013 5:57:00 AM
I never even thought about trade ins! Crap...why wouldn't they have a separate line for that? Mines paid off, I was just hoping to come in late like 1..when I went to the call of duty bo2 I got to stand in line at 4 pm get a line voucher at 6 for the midnight release..and I got to leave and come back at midnight and cut everyone...but the line was huge..I was hoping to be home at 2...I might just go in at 10 when they open
---
#7SaxonPosted 9/14/2013 6:01:27 AM
Going in the daytime the next day is your best bet because most people will be in school, at work or in college.
#8Chop_Shop(Topic Creator)Posted 9/14/2013 6:25:55 AM
Saxon posted...
Gamestop should not allow trade ins at midnight on release, but of course they won't do that when they can get relatively new games super cheap from desperate and broke gamers who will do anything to get their hands on GTA 5.

Totally agree, why don't they just handle that stuff during the day, instead of doing it at midnight..hell they've had weeks to do it now
---
#9MrcTOtheJPosted 9/14/2013 6:29:35 AM
Well for me why I'll be doing it at midnight potentially is because of the fact that Monday is the first chance I can get into town in awhile.

That said Midnight releases here are small and quick anyways, and I personally don't give a flying f*** if I inconvience someone who won't be seeing the game in 3 hours or so anyways. I'm a dick I know.
---
"Avoid sleep...sleep is for the weak,"-Isran on how to hunt a Vampire.
#10Wreck_ChordsPosted 9/14/2013 6:31:20 AM
I've never waited longer than 20 minutes for a midnight release. And that was when I was in a college of about 16,000 people plus the town population. I show up 20 minutes before, finalize my stuff, wait in line until midnight and they start handing it out. I'm always towards the end of the line and once they start passing the game out it's usually over and done with in less than 5 minutes.
---
GamerTag: Sic DieshinZ