R* recommends NOT installing the second disc

#1scaggnastyPosted 9/16/2013 4:17:11 AM
https://twitter.com/RockstarSupport/status/379334166086557696

Just wanted you all to be aware, although they aren't stating why as of yet, they are only saying

"For optimal performance," don't install the play disc.
---
Your father died a heroic death. For death while teabagging is the highest honor a spartan can achieve.
#2davidmreade83Posted 9/16/2013 4:20:16 AM
Thanks for the heads up, I wouldn't have know that.
#3PyschoRaidenPosted 9/16/2013 4:21:03 AM
That's... strange. Wonder why they recommend that? I will still install it anyway though.
---
OURS IS THE FURY
#4scaggnasty(Topic Creator)Posted 9/16/2013 4:22:30 AM
Like I said, I'm not sure why specifically they are saying this. More information once the game officially launches.

I just wanted to put it as a topic title because most people won't click into a topic to find it out, I wanted it brought to everyone's attention.
---
Your father died a heroic death. For death while teabagging is the highest honor a spartan can achieve.
#5suzukimatsuiPosted 9/16/2013 4:23:54 AM
Why would you not want to install the game disc? I think the person misunderstood the question that was posed. Similar to SC Blacklist I am thinking you have to install the data pack which should be just the second disc. Once that is done the game disc should have no issues with being installed the regular way via the dashboard
#6Lunacy182Posted 9/16/2013 4:24:04 AM
I hope they say why. In the meantime I'll be sure not to install it.
---
The above text is the opinion of the poster.
"How do I screen shot real life?" - Xeeh_Bitz
#7scaggnasty(Topic Creator)Posted 9/16/2013 4:26:39 AM
They said they will release more info on the support page for the game once it launches.

I doubt that he misunderstood the question, if you look, they tweeted it several times in response to the questions asked. "second disc" was my term not theirs, they call it the "Play Disc"
---
#8YojimboFunkPosted 9/16/2013 4:28:49 AM
Thanks tc. I was going to install both but it sounds like I shouldn't.
#9suzukimatsuiPosted 9/16/2013 4:32:31 AM
scaggnasty posted...
They said they will release more info on the support page for the game once it launches.

I doubt that he misunderstood the question, if you look, they tweeted it several times in response to the questions asked. "second disc" was my term not theirs, they call it the "Play Disc"

Well we know that there is a "play disc" as well as a "install/data disc". With the install/data disc obviously you install that while loading the game up similar to how you installed all the add ons to the Fallout 3 GOTY Edition. As for the play disc like I said there should be no issues just installing the disc unless there is a known issue that they couldn't stamp out or resolve before launch.
#10scaggnasty(Topic Creator)Posted 9/16/2013 4:35:58 AM
suzukimatsui posted...
scaggnasty posted...

Well we know that there is a "play disc" as well as a "install/data disc". With the install/data disc obviously you install that while loading the game up similar to how you installed all the add ons to the Fallout 3 GOTY Edition. As for the play disc like I said there should be no issues just installing the disc unless there is a known issue that they couldn't stamp out or resolve before launch.

I can't explain it better than it is stated in the link, more info will become available on the support page for the game. I would just read the tweets in the link if I were you.

You could be right when you speculate that there was a problem they couldn't stamp out or possibly missed. I'm just reporting the info for you to do with what you will.

But I won't install the Play Disc until I have more details, I just want the best experience possible tomorrow.
---