Grand Theft Auto 5 freezing issues...

#11TuffEnuff81Posted 9/17/2013 9:03:59 AM
BryanGatwood posted...
@holden4ever

I installed the install disk first. (as it told me to do) Then I played the game on the game disk. After it froze on me three times, then I decided to install the play disk on to my hard drive. It's still freezing.

Did you instal the instal disc from dashboard? That could be the issue.
#12AnatomyHorrorPosted 9/17/2013 6:48:44 PM
TuffEnuff81 posted...
BryanGatwood posted...
@holden4ever

I installed the install disk first. (as it told me to do) Then I played the game on the game disk. After it froze on me three times, then I decided to install the play disk on to my hard drive. It's still freezing.

Did you instal the instal disc from dashboard? That could be the issue.

You CANT install the install disc from the dashboard. That was the first thing I tried honestly. You have to let it load to install.

Anyways this is happening to me too.

Install disc installed
play disc in disc drive (not installed)

Freeze. Freeze. Freeze. Freeze. Freeze. Froze on me about 12 or 13 times. I give up with it. No other game freezes and I use my 360 10-15 hours a week.
#13wicked98snakePosted 9/17/2013 6:52:19 PM
Same for me, I've tried installing the play disk and not installing, tried on USB and without, even took it back to GameStop and got s different copy still same issues freezes after 10 minutes or so of play
---
GT wicked98snake
I saw a banana in the middle of the road yesterday and I instinctively swerved to miss it. Thanks Mario Kart !!!
#14AnatomyHorrorPosted 9/17/2013 6:57:22 PM(edited)
wicked98snake posted...
Same for me, I've tried installing the play disk and not installing, tried on USB and without, even took it back to GameStop and got s different copy still same issues freezes after 10 minutes or so of play

I was gonna try the thumbstick method tomorrow.

Have you tried it both ways?

Install disc - 360 HDD
Play disc - install to thumbstick

or

Install disc - thumbstick
play disc - 360 hdd / read from disc drive

Have you tried both of those ways?
#15BryanGatwood(Topic Creator)Posted 9/18/2013 9:49:12 AM
I did the same thing, went to GameStop and exchanged the old disks with brand new disks. It's still freezing up on me. I even installed the game for a third time with the install disk, as they tell you too, with the brand new copy and it still froze. This is the tenth time it froze. I'm just going to do the thumb drive method, and save the install disk on it. I think that will work.
#16DeverothPosted 9/18/2013 9:53:07 AM
my Xbox started freezing on me during Assassins Creed Brotherhood a few years ago, a game that doesn't have any freezing problems (like gta5) and i thought it was the game. turns out i RRoD'd within a day.
if you have a game that's not really freezing for anyone else, your system is probably about to conk out.
---
IT'S ALL PIPES!
#17BryanGatwood(Topic Creator)Posted 9/18/2013 2:19:00 PM
my Xbox started freezing on me during Assassins Creed Brotherhood a few years ago, a game that doesn't have any freezing problems (like gta5) and i thought it was the game. turns out i RRoD'd within a day.
if you have a game that's not really freezing for anyone else, your system is probably about to conk out.
---
IT'S ALL PIPES!

Deveroth, a majority of people are talking about this. It's even on the Rockstar Games troubleshooting page for GTA5. There was even people calling up GameStop who had a PS3 and had issues with this game.
#18bigouPosted 9/20/2013 8:13:58 AM
This is BS. Having freezing issues here as well.
Different scenarios I tried, all resulting in random freeze

1) My Xbox HDD was full, so I plugged in my external HD. 32gb reserved for the xbox.
Got a message once formating that the external drive didnt meet recommendations.Did it anyway.
Setup:
D1: Installed on external drive
D2: Running disk
Freeze at 3 random times

2) Thought ok, the warning message didnt look good, maybe thats why.Cleared some room on xbox drive.
Setup:
D1: Xbox drive
D2: Running disk
Random freeze again

3) Maybe its the disk reader. Flashdrives!
Setup:
D1: Xbox Drive
D2: FlashDrive
Random freeze again

4) Ok maybe the harddrive is the prob
Setup
D1: Flashdrive
D2: Disk
Random freeze again

5) Go big or go home, install everything
Setup
D2: 2nd Flashdrive
Random freeze again

6) They did say not to install
Setup
D2: Disk
Random Freeze again

So, I think I covered everything.
The xbox harddrive has been singled out by using the flashdrive.
The disk reader of the xbox has been singled out
The instal or not of disk 2 has been dealt with.

Am I missing a specific setup?

I'm at work now but my last 2 things I'll try tonight
1) Clearing my cache
2) Putting the auto-save/saves on my flashdrive instead of xbox drive.

WTF Rockstar.
#19cheezedadadaPosted 9/20/2013 8:23:01 AM
Ran into freezing every 10-15 minutes or so last night and after having it freeze over and over again I just quit playing. Tried a ton of fixes too...sucks!
---
"I just bought Divekick. 80% because it looks funny, and 20% out of spite" - SG64
PSN- cheezedadadada XBL- cheezedadada
#20Enix BelmontPosted 9/20/2013 8:31:14 AM
Try clearing your cache. Was happening to me but hasn't in the past three hours I played after I cleared it.
---
'Come fight beside me,' I said to myself, and although it doesn't make sense, I held my own hand as a small sign of trust, and together I made my defense.