Scuba Diving: Where and How?

#1samantha_sneezPosted 9/18/2013 1:09:23 AM
Are there rules for scuba diving in this game? Where can I get into it at? When I say rules, I mean are there certain criteria that I must meet before I can jump into the warm depths of the Pacific Ocean? Also, where do I purchase the scuba diving equipment from? Anyone actually know WHERE there is treasure or anything like that on the sea floor?

Thanks in advance!!!
---
-Cartoons are people, too
-Not changing this signature until A-Rod treats me to a nice lobster dinner.
#2konkorPosted 9/18/2013 1:18:40 AM
I wont spoil anything too much but I'll say the name of the mission and just a few details about it, no real story spoilers just two things you need to do in a mission.

In the mission Merryweather heist you steal a sub, after completing the mission a new place unlocks at the top of the map for $250,000 buying this gives access to a dinghy with scuba gear and later you unlock a submarine.

You can't equip the scuba gear, it's automatically put on like a parachute is. It only equips AFAIK when getting out of the dinghy or sub.
---
GTA V Xbox 360 Crew:
http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/deltaops
#3samantha_sneez(Topic Creator)Posted 9/18/2013 1:23:34 AM
konkor posted...
I wont spoil anything too much but I'll say the name of the mission and just a few details about it, no real story spoilers just two things you need to do in a mission.

In the mission Merryweather heist you steal a sub, after completing the mission a new place unlocks at the top of the map for $250,000 buying this gives access to a dinghy with scuba gear and later you unlock a submarine.

You can't equip the scuba gear, it's automatically put on like a parachute is. It only equips AFAIK when getting out of the dinghy or sub.

Hey Thank you!!! I haven't gotten very far in the game to be honest. I just unlocked Mike.
---
-Cartoons are people, too
-Not changing this signature until A-Rod treats me to a nice lobster dinner.
#4konkorPosted 9/18/2013 1:26:41 AM
samantha_sneez posted...
konkor posted...

Hey Thank you!!! I haven't gotten very far in the game to be honest. I just unlocked Mike.

Ah well it's a little way into the game, but you should get there eventually don't worry. :)

As far as I know though that's the only way to get either of the two vehicles, I haven't found one outside of the Marina Safehouse yet.
---
GTA V Xbox 360 Crew:
http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/deltaops