Grove St. Garage & "Special" Vehicles?

#1WhiteHusky84Posted 9/18/2013 4:42:55 AM
I walked into the Grove St garage and it was empty (as it was my first time in there). Then it tells me to press the d-pad to select a "Special" vehicle, and the option was an Elegy.

What constitutes a "Special" vehicle? I hadn't put that car there. Will special vehicles automatically appear in there?

Also, I saved a customized Bullet (Ford GT) in the Grove St. garage, then realized my Bravada in Franklin's garage at his house was gone and not impounded. Then in the iFruit app it lists Franklin's car not as the Bravada but as the Bullet I have stored in the Grove St. garage.

I'm not getting this garage thing, I'm not putting any upgrades into vehicles if the game is just going to delete them and decide itself what car I should have.

(It wasn't really a loss... the bravada was customized for free as it was the first upgrade in the iFruit Los Santos custom app, but a shame that I never got to drive it and it had a ton of upgrades)
---
GT: Brave Sir Chuck
Current: Deus Ex: H.R., Doom 3: BFG, Duke Nukem Forever, GTA V, Halo 4, Serious Sam 3: BFE, Soul Calibur V
#2Noodle1278Posted 9/18/2013 4:44:49 AM
When you linked your XBL account to your Rockstar Social Club account, it unlocked that car as a bonus.
---
Will the authentic Marshall Mathers serve us with his ascension?
#3JGA1980Posted 9/18/2013 4:53:27 AM
The special vehicles are bonus and DLC vehicles, that presumably can't be found or accessed any other way.

You get the Elegy for signing up to the Social Club and linking your account, but the special vehicles also includes the Hotknife and Carbon RS from the collectors edition, and I'm also assuming any other future vehicles that they may decide to add.

I think the garage and it's special vehicles basically serves as a 'spawn a vehicle' function to give you access to cars that aren't spawned with the normal traffic (which would also include any car you've customised and is therefore unique).
#4ScRuiPosted 9/18/2013 5:01:55 AM
How many cars can u fit in the grove street garage?
---
"Be Smart @ Being Stupid & You'll NEVER Lose"
#5Mario_BonesPosted 9/18/2013 5:21:38 AM
The cars that the iFruit app lists are the characters' 'signature' cars that will always be found outside their house. If you upgrade them with the app then you have great cars that you can never permanently lose
#6Noodle1278Posted 9/18/2013 5:21:50 AM
ScRui posted...
How many cars can u fit in the grove street garage?

4 I think,
---
#7ScRuiPosted 9/18/2013 5:30:10 AM
Thanks noodles
---
"Be Smart @ Being Stupid & You'll NEVER Lose"
#8Noodle1278Posted 9/18/2013 7:27:37 AM
no problem. I think they are all 4 but haven't fully tested that theory yet.
---
#9joyce_181502Posted 9/19/2013 3:22:56 PM
Does using the Elegy cost character money?

Is it a one time use if you take it out and then crash it?
#10fakesoundofprogressPosted 9/19/2013 3:26:15 PM
joyce_181502 posted...
Does using the Elegy cost character money?

Is it a one time use if you take it out and then crash it?

nope and nope, Ive taken out several. Just remember it will be a stock car unless you save it back in the garage