How do I steal a train?

#1DarkJaydragonPosted 9/18/2013 5:15:15 AM
I jumped my car on to the back of a cargo train, climbed along the carriages then shot the driver but I can't get in.
---
Not changing this sig until i go to sleep started : 13/01/06 00:40 am GT: Jaydragon117 Flight of dragons is #1.
#2Undying_WillPosted 9/18/2013 5:16:25 AM
You can't. Trains are AI controlled. Even if you kill the drive the train still keeps going as if nothing happened.
---
~Remember, if a stranger offers you candy, take it. It could be the last piece you get!!!~
GT: Xbox: Undying Will31 / PSN: Krilgeta
#3WolffWallstreetPosted 9/18/2013 5:19:49 AM
Undying_Will posted...
You can't. Trains are AI controlled. Even if you kill the drive the train still keeps going as if nothing happened.

Game of the generation.

OT but anyone else keeps losing their bmx bike all of the time?
---
Successful people are 100% convinced that they are masters of their own destiny.
#4DarkJaydragon(Topic Creator)Posted 9/18/2013 5:21:37 AM
WolffWallstreet posted...
Undying_Will posted...

Game of the generation.

OT but anyone else keeps losing their bmx bike all of the time?

I stole a bike as Franklin but couldn't find the skate-park to try out some jumps, it's on the beach but I can't remember where it is.
---
Not changing this sig until i go to sleep started : 13/01/06 00:40 am GT: Jaydragon117 Flight of dragons is #1.
#5__Fiale__Posted 9/18/2013 5:23:38 AM
Undying_Will posted...

And so the cracks begin to show..
---
"Impossible is just a word to let people feel good about themselves when they quit." - Skies of Arcadia
#6xcalibur6000Posted 9/18/2013 5:32:29 AM
__Fiale__ posted...
Undying_Will posted...

Oops! I'm sorry everyone....
*pulls pants up*
Alright... where were we?
---
You've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?
#7DarkJaydragon(Topic Creator)Posted 9/18/2013 5:36:54 AM
xcalibur6000 posted...
__Fiale__ posted...
Undying_Will posted...

Oops! I'm sorry everyone....
*pulls pants up*
Alright... where were we?

Jacking trains, get your head in the game or you're off the team, Kapowski!
---
#8IloveElitePosted 9/18/2013 5:38:49 AM
This sucks imo.

I could steal a train in GTA:SA but not in GTA V?

I jumped on board one last night, shot the driver through the window and expected the train to stop but no... it didn't.

Rockstar need to read up on what a dead mans handle is.. :(
---
Currently playing: GTA V, STO, Junk Jack X
Waiting for: Elite:Dangerous
#9IchibqnBriqnPosted 9/18/2013 5:51:49 AM
IloveElite posted...
This sucks imo.

I jumped on board one last night, shot the driver through the window and expected the train to stop but no... it didn't.

Trains operate differently than cars. Unlike cars, trains have levers that can be pulled and held into a position, keeping the train move at a steady pace with no need to push down on any pedals. So it does still make sense that the train can still be moving.
---
ACNL- 3DS FC: 1504-6431-3667
#10dATerXiesPosted 9/18/2013 5:58:11 AM
IchibqnBriqn posted...
IloveElite posted...
This sucks imo.

Trains operate differently than cars. Unlike cars, trains have levers that can be pulled and held into a position, keeping the train move at a steady pace with no need to push down on any pedals. So it does still make sense that the train can still be moving.

Im no pro on trains but dont you have to press a button or something at certain intervals (say every 15 minutes) and if the button is not pressed brakes are engaged? I dont remember where i saw this but i thought that was a safety measure.