Installing GTA V and You (HDDS, DISCs and USBs).

#11TheStealthManPosted 9/19/2013 8:03:10 AMmessage detail(edited)
Yeah I was gonna say, I'm on an older model (had it since 2008 I believe) and I've got both installed to HDD. It runs pretty smoothly and best of all my system doesn't sound like I'm revving my car. Also haven't experienced anything even remotely game-breaking as far as graphics go.

Nice thread though.
---
I'm not as think as you drunk I am.
#12crawdad(Topic Creator)Posted 9/19/2013 8:13:37 AMmessage detail
Gamebay11 posted...
How big is the play disc install?

About the same as the INSTALL disc, so just under 8GBs I believe.

TheStealthMan posted...
Yeah I was gonna say, I'm on an older model (had it since 2008 I believe) and I've got both installed to HDD. It runs pretty smoothly and best of all my system doesn't sound like I'm revving my car. Also haven't experienced anything even remotely game-breaking as far as graphics go.

Nice thread though.

That's good, most of the differences are fairly minimal, some if not most people won;t even notice honestly, but some people feel like they're REALLY missing out if they're not getting the very best experience.

But glad you fund it nice though :D
---
Spit in the face of life and have a good day out of sheer f****** spite!
GT:Gojirra PSN Gojirra102 steamcommunity.com/id/crawdad
#13ShawBrothersPosted 9/19/2013 8:32:05 AMmessage detail
crawdad posted...
Just added the Old/Fat 360 disclaimer. Seems important enough to put in.

Where you getting that from? I have an older fat 360 and have no problem using a usb thumb drive. It picks it up perfectly fine under the storage list that will pop up when downloading or saving content. You will only have issue if you never have your 360 (only fat 360's, slims are already updated for it) connected online for the update that lets you use usb storage.
#14TheRealCronoPosted 9/19/2013 8:48:13 AMmessage detail
What about using TWO USB sticks and ditching the internal HDD altogether. I wonder if this would yield the best performance.
#15JamdbzPosted 9/19/2013 8:49:27 AMmessage detail
Thanks for the help! I'm gonna do this when I get home from work later
---
Xbox live gamertag- jamdbz
I'm Fluent in horrible english.
#16ToucheAmorePosted 9/19/2013 8:56:59 AMmessage detail
Hm.. I might try this then. Right now I have the Play Disc on the USB and install disc on the XBOX HDD and it works meh.
---
http://i.imgur.com/jnKrzaL.gif
#17TuffEnuff81Posted 9/19/2013 8:58:21 AMmessage detail
Tried 3 diff methods:

1. INSTAL disk to HDD and PLAY disk unistalled

2. INSTAL disk to HDD and PLAY disk installed to HDD

3. INSTAL disk to HDD and PLAY disk to USB

PLAY disk to USB yielded the best performance as well as saving my xbox. Just confirming your post.

TY
#18crawdad(Topic Creator)Posted 9/19/2013 8:59:51 AMmessage detail
TheRealCrono posted...
What about using TWO USB sticks and ditching the internal HDD altogether. I wonder if this would yield the best performance.

I would think not since the HDD has the fastest read speed. But I'm not even sure if that's possible though i wouldn't see why not. but I don;t think anyone's tested it let alone how it would result, but I would assume somewhere between using the play disc off of the disc and installing on separate drives.

ShawBrothers posted...
crawdad posted...
Just added the Old/Fat 360 disclaimer. Seems important enough to put in.

Where you getting that from? I have an older fat 360 and have no problem using a usb thumb drive. It picks it up perfectly fine under the storage list that will pop up when downloading or saving content. You will only have issue if you never have your 360 (only fat 360's, slims are already updated for it) connected online for the update that lets you use usb storage.

Did you even READ the disclaimer?!

...and you don't have the luxury of 2 separate devices or storage media, installing both to one media might be your better option because heat/temperature and/or noise issues related to the older consoles from disc reading might be a bigger problem than graphical degradation...

The disclaimer only addressed the issue some people might have regarding reading off of the disc on the old 360s, and storage options are far more limited due to personal resources *(like money or whatever), nothing to do with the system's capabilities.
---
Spit in the face of life and have a good day out of sheer f****** spite!
GT:Gojirra PSN Gojirra102 steamcommunity.com/id/crawdad
#19N7Spectre707Posted 9/19/2013 9:02:55 AMmessage detail
TuffEnuff81 posted...
Tried 3 diff methods:

PLAY disk to USB yielded the best performance as well as saving my xbox. Just confirming your post.

TY

He is saying it might be even better to install the INSTALL disc to the USB, and the PLAY disc to the HDD instead.
---
"I saw GAMEFAQs with faqs being spelled like faqs instead of facts I figured poor grammar to be welcomed"
-MiKe345675
#20andreoni79Posted 9/19/2013 9:09:23 AMmessage detail
N7Spectre707 posted...
TuffEnuff81 posted...
Tried 3 diff methods:

TY

He is saying it might be even better to install the INSTALL disc to the USB, and the PLAY disc to the HDD instead.

I'm going to buy a 16gb flash drive reading 30mb/sec. Isn't this faster than the HDD? This means that I should install in the usb the "heaviest" cd, right?