Installing GTA V and You (HDDS, DISCs and USBs).

#151Jim CaviezelPosted 9/24/2013 12:01:25 PMmessage detail
N7Spectre707 posted...
Jim Caviezel posted...
Sakishiro posted...
SanDisk Cruzer Extreme USB 3.0 16GB

Can anyone confirm if GTA V works flawlessly with this USB flash drive?
Should be the best and fastest 16GB out there today.

USB 3.0 is irrelevant because the 360 doesn't have 3.0 support.

No but some 3.0 USBs are backwards compatible. My Sandisk extreme 3.0 works fine in my 360.

EDIT: Unless you just meant that the 3.0 speeds will be irrelevant, in which case yes. Although you will basically be sure to get the maximum possible 2.0 speeds with a USB like that.

Well yeah, of course I meant the 3.0 speeds. As for maximum possible 2.0 speeds, well, you'll still get the same as with any normal 2.0 USB.
---
JC
#152N7Spectre707Posted 9/24/2013 12:08:28 PMmessage detail
Jim Caviezel posted...
N7Spectre707 posted...
Jim Caviezel posted...
Sakishiro posted...
SanDisk Cruzer Extreme USB 3.0 16GB

Can anyone confirm if GTA V works flawlessly with this USB flash drive?
Should be the best and fastest 16GB out there today.

USB 3.0 is irrelevant because the 360 doesn't have 3.0 support.

No but some 3.0 USBs are backwards compatible. My Sandisk extreme 3.0 works fine in my 360.

EDIT: Unless you just meant that the 3.0 speeds will be irrelevant, in which case yes. Although you will basically be sure to get the maximum possible 2.0 speeds with a USB like that.

Well yeah, of course I meant the 3.0 speeds. As for maximum possible 2.0 speeds, well, you'll still get the same as with any normal 2.0 USB.

Not true, many normal 2.0 USBs have sub-par performance. The Sandisk cruzer 2.0, for example, doesn't even pass the Microsoft performance check, and doesn't have the fastest possible 2.0 read speeds etc.
---
"I saw GAMEFAQs with faqs being spelled like faqs instead of facts I figured poor grammar to be welcomed"
-MiKe345675
#153Dragon NexusPosted 9/24/2013 7:02:47 PMmessage detail
What's the 360 hard drive's read speed?
An article I found online suggested it's about 15 Mb/s, if that's the case my Forza 3 USB stick has a read of about 20-23Mb/s...so shouldn't I install the PLAY disk on that?
---
"Everything popular is wrong." - Oscar Wilde
#154greedylungsPosted 9/24/2013 9:21:21 PMmessage detail
You guys little OCD huh? POP UP POP UP lol think they would put a warning on the game case DO NOT IN STALL THIS GAME OR POP UP POP UP. i have both installed to the hd CRAZY HUH lol.
---
I don't have a PC or laptop just my smart phone and a random wi fi from some random house near me :)
#155RandSanAlexPosted 9/24/2013 9:25:08 PMmessage detail
I installed the data from disk 1 to a 16GB PNY micro sleek that I bought for $10. Despite its low price it passed the test and its small size means it is barely noticeable while inserted in one of the ports behind my xbox slim. Instead of having the disk install the data directly I moved all 2GB parts from the hard drive to the small usb drive and haven't noticed anything wrong.
#156jpraelsterPosted 9/24/2013 9:44:53 PMmessage detail
what is the best flash drive you can use to install disc two
#157aszsithPosted 9/24/2013 10:24:34 PMmessage detail
MrDummy posted...
Ok guys,

I have read all 3 pages of this sticky and have some quick questions...

1. How should I delete the install disc off of my HDD? Since I've read igns article on older fat consoles needing cache cleared and console unplugged etc...

2. I am going to office Max now to buy anything but a SanDisk USB drive.

3. How should I go about installing the 2 disc, so none of my saves get lost or corrupted?

4. I know I need to install play disc to HDD and install disc to USB. But is there an order this should be done in?

I will format USB drive when I get home today and would like to know how to install these 2 disc with the best method...

Thanks for any step by step instructions for maximium install of this kick ass game.

MrD

I literally just finished doing this exact process (I went to Best Buy though). I formatted my USB Drive and named it GTA to avoid any confusion during the transfer process since I have 2 USB drives in my xbox now.

1. I didnt delete the install data. Why make the 360 spin that disc again? I went to the STORAGE OPTIONS and MOVED the INSTALL DATA from the hdd to the USB. The files are in the GAMES/GTA V folder and are labeled something like "downloaded items". There are 4 files numbered 0-3. Remember to MOVE the files, not to COPY them.

2. I got a PNY 16BG that passed the system test just fine that was like $9.99. I moved the install files, blimp file, and save files over to it and there was still almost half left over. You DO need to get a 16GB though. An 8GB wont have sufficient space for the install data after formatting.

3. Install the 2nd disc(PLAY DISC) straight to your HDD.

4. YES. When you put in the INSTALL DISC for the first time and click it, the game will then load and prompt you to install it. This is what creates the 4 files. You cant install the INSTALL disc through the XBTiles. Once that finishes install the PLAY DISC.

You shouldnt have to do this step though since you say you already have the files and have played the game. You dont need to delete those unless you encounter problems (which you shouldn't).
---
I own a PS3, XBOX360, and Wii. I'm in it for the gameplay, not the logo on the box. Can you say the same?
#158jakethenoobPosted 9/24/2013 11:04:24 PMmessage detail
When I got the game Tuesday, I installed the install disc to my HDD and the play disc to my USB drive. The guide said to switch them for better results, but my load times didn't change at all and I'm almost certain the pop-in got worse.
---
Game collection: http://postimage.org/gallery/1tqkmeku/
#159N7Spectre707Posted 9/25/2013 12:19:51 AMmessage detail(edited)
greedylungs posted...
You guys little OCD huh? POP UP POP UP lol think they would put a warning on the game case DO NOT IN STALL THIS GAME OR POP UP POP UP. i have both installed to the hd CRAZY HUH lol.

Rockstar has officially recommended against it, and multiple tests have shown that doing one to HDD and one to USB improves load times, and reduces stutter and pop in. But hey, no ones saying you can't do what you want with your game and your console.
---
"I saw GAMEFAQs with faqs being spelled like faqs instead of facts I figured poor grammar to be welcomed"
-MiKe345675
#160andreoni79Posted 9/25/2013 12:21:38 AMmessage detail
I installed the Play disc on a Cruzer Blade 16GB and the Install disc on the console HDD.
The game starts after 52 seconds, loading a previous save takes 38 seconds and I can switch characters in only 13 seconds. And most important there's a big reduction of pop up when flying or driving very fast.