Installing GTA V and You (HDDS, DISCs and USBs).

#211Safer_777Posted 10/28/2013 3:41:12 PMmessage detail
Hey hi man. I have installed the Install Disk to the HDD. Can I uninstall it,then install it to the USB and then install the Play Disk to the HDD?What would I need to erase?
---
GameFaqs is NOT the place to go for relationship advice.Nobody here gets any action unless it is their right or left hand.Including me.~Dawn and Dusk~
#212baueris24Posted 10/29/2013 7:15:34 AMmessage detail
Safer_777 posted...
Hey hi man. I have installed the Install Disk to the HDD. Can I uninstall it,then install it to the USB and then install the Play Disk to the HDD?What would I need to erase?

Yeah you can uninstall it and then reinstall it to the USB. I'm not sure if there is an option to just move the data from the HDD to the USB or if it will work because I haven't tried that yet myself.

If you can't just move the data, you will have to erase it. Here's what you will have to erase: Go into the storage selection and select whatever device that you installed the install disc on. The Install disk should have 4 parts to it. It should say something like Downloaded items. I think they are labeled part 0, part1, part 2, and part 3 or something like that. Just delete them all. Don't erase files labeled saved game: these are your save files in the game for your profile. Hope this helps!
#213DanielVDMPosted 10/29/2013 2:33:49 PMmessage detail
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#214crawdad(Topic Creator)Posted 11/1/2013 11:28:44 AMmessage detail
baueris24 posted...
Safer_777 posted...

Yeah you can uninstall it and then reinstall it to the USB. I'm not sure if there is an option to just move the data from the HDD to the USB or if it will work because I haven't tried that yet myself.

If you can't just move the data, you will have to erase it. Here's what you will have to erase: Go into the storage selection and select whatever device that you installed the install disc on. The Install disk should have 4 parts to it. It should say something like Downloaded items. I think they are labeled part 0, part1, part 2, and part 3 or something like that. Just delete them all. Don't erase files labeled saved game: these are your save files in the game for your profile. Hope this helps!

I was able to move them from the HDD to the USB. Not sure if it was quicker than doing another install but I'm assuming it was.
---
Spit in the face of life and have a good day out of sheer f****** spite!
GT:Gojirra PSN Gojirra102 steamcommunity.com/id/crawdad
#215crawdad(Topic Creator)Posted 11/1/2013 11:39:40 AMmessage detail
Prolly worth mentioning for any one who got this far into the thread. the OnDemand version is the same experience as installing both discs.

Which is to say gameplay wise it's the least optimal experience outside the convenience of not needing any discs.
---
#216r4z0rk1dPosted 11/5/2013 10:45:18 AMmessage detail
Is this recommended for all games with a play and install disks? Or is this just for GTA?
#217raedPosted 11/7/2013 1:35:38 PMmessage detail
Thanks for the topic.
Right now I am downloading the GoD version and I have few questions.
The download size is 7GB+ and I read that after installing it I have to download four compatibility packs each is 2GB.
Should I download those directly to the USB or I can move them later after installation to the USB also which one is the install desk and which one is the play desk?
Thanks in advance
---
You can clip our wings, but we will always remember what it was like to fly
#218xXEPiC4LiFeXxPosted 11/7/2013 9:57:28 PMmessage detail
I'm sure this has been asked and I did look through the 8 pages of posts before I asked this and didn't see this but should game saves and updates be saved on the HDD or USB Drive??
---
Gamer Tag : EPiCx805x
"I think Fallout 3 is a pretty cool guy. Eh buys guns and doesn't afraid of anything." - Riku765
#219gwwakPosted 11/9/2013 1:06:02 PMmessage detail
tag
---
Hardcore - We'll probably be modded for this...
#220crawdad(Topic Creator)Posted 11/12/2013 7:37:49 AMmessage detail
r4z0rk1d posted...
Is this recommended for all games with a play and install disks? Or is this just for GTA?

For now just GTA, because of the way they coded the game for some reason they optimised the game to run better off of separate sources. Dumb but there it is.

raed posted...
Thanks for the topic.
Right now I am downloading the GoD version and I have few questions.
The download size is 7GB+ and I read that after installing it I have to download four compatibility packs each is 2GB.
Should I download those directly to the USB or I can move them later after installation to the USB also which one is the install desk and which one is the play desk?
Thanks in advance

You're welcome :) and thanks to everyone contributing and making it sticky.

I would put the "Compatibility files" on a separate drive if this is possible. That's bascally the INSTALL disc. If it all goes on the same drive when getting the GoD version, it's the same as installing both discs on the same drive. as long as it's the files labelled as gtav 0 though 3, those are the ones you want moved to a USB.

xXEPiC4LiFeXx posted...
I'm sure this has been asked and I did look through the 8 pages of posts before I asked this and didn't see this but should game saves and updates be saved on the HDD or USB Drive??

Doesn't matter. This doesn't affect anything. The only things that affect gameplay and performance is the what's in the OP. So game saves and Updates are fine wherever you usually put them for every other game.
---