Installing GTA V and You (HDDS, DISCs and USBs).

#231Vampyre_GhostPosted 1/3/2014 12:32:20 PMmessage detail
urfingface posted...
I looked through and didnt see this asked, but if you have two drives in your system (the original 10 gig+the larger one) would installing them both seperately yield the same results as a flash drive?

I don't think it matters all too much what configuration you use, as long as the information is getting pulled from 2 sources. I would recommend installing the "Play" disc to the main drive though, as that seems to be the way to get best results.
#232raterrsuperstarPosted 1/14/2014 9:04:50 PMmessage detail
I need help. I bought the game new. Have a 4gb Xbox slim. I haven't had a problem with the Xbox. Only problem was nba 2k14 was freezing a bit, a few weeks ago. Just by cleaning it, it's been working fine since. I bought a new lash drive from best buy that's 32gb. It had trouble being recognized at first. It worked. The Xbox froze when I tried installing the game. It worked the second time around. When I tried putting in the 2nd disc it went into a loop, saying to reinstall the disc. What should I do?
---
i love lauren london aka newnew...
#233ThaiGoldPosted 1/27/2014 9:23:38 PMmessage detail
Just wanted to say.....HUGE Thank You TC!!!. This has fixed my "restarted due to disc/storage device errors".

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/733724-grand-theft-auto-online/68439076
#234JasonJasoffPosted 1/30/2014 6:32:05 PMmessage detail
Just went from Disc 1 and 2 installed on HDD to Disc 1 installed on PNY Compact Attache 16GB 2.0 USB and Disc 2 installed on HDD. Running older "fat" Xbox360. Big difference in load times. Start-up and character swap are much faster. And the transfer rate is great. Haven't noticed any lag while driving fast through the city like before. Before I thought it was just normal. Figured I was hitting 88mph and time traveling! ;-)
#235crawdad(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2014 11:22:32 AMmessage detail
ThaiGold posted...
Just wanted to say.....HUGE Thank You TC!!!. This has fixed my "restarted due to disc/storage device errors".

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/733724-grand-theft-auto-online/68439076

Glad it helped!
---
Expert at the Monster Mash.
GT: Gojirra | PSN: Gojirra102 | steamcommunity.com/id/crawdad
#236OemeniaPosted 2/6/2014 5:51:13 AMmessage detail
Im late to the game but can anybody inform me of the benefits of installing both discs (one on a seperate device)?

Ive heard GTAV does have a number of technical problems so how much are they helped by doing that?
#237Butzz317Posted 2/7/2014 10:16:08 PMmessage detail
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#238goatlpsPosted 3/5/2014 5:22:25 PMmessage detail
Hi, sorry probably been asked but I'm on my sluggish phone and can't really look at all 24 pages...
Can/should the DLC update packs go on the memory stick too?
...I'm currently installing Disc 2 to USB stick (Disc 1 is on the, original Elite, 360's HDD) - probably about to find out my "32gb" stick is a hacked/fake 8gb one anyway...

Thanks.
#239goatlpsPosted 3/5/2014 5:31:24 PMmessage detail
goatlps posted...
Hi, sorry probably been asked but I'm on my sluggish phone and can't really look at all 24 pages...
Can/should the DLC update packs go on the memory stick too?
...I'm currently installing Disc 2 to USB stick (Disc 1 is on the, original Elite, 360's HDD) - probably about to find out my "32gb" stick is a hacked/fake 8gb one anyway...

Thanks.

...Have I got the Disc 1 ('Falcon'? Elite HDD - fat, but reliable) and Disc 2 (USB stick) on the right media even, or should that be the other way around?
#240goatlpsPosted 3/5/2014 5:45:34 PMmessage detail
"The game couldn't start. Try downloading the game again"

...Is this message confirmation that my stick's 30.5gb capacity is a hacked/fake capacity and it is actually less than the required 7.8gb?