GTA V Keeps Freezing My 360

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Grand Theft Auto V
  3. GTA V Keeps Freezing My 360

User Info: r199

r199
3 years ago#1
It feels like I've tried every method possible, I:

Exchanged the disc at Gamestop
Cleared my cache
Reformated my HDD
Put a fan at the back of my 360 so it doesn't overheat
Move the save data to Cloud

It will freeze once every hour or so. I only installed disc 1 play and I have the old (fat) 360. Idk what I'm supposed to do at this point, I don't wanna go buy a brand new 360 with the next gen consoles right around the corner.

User Info: Mander1861

Mander1861
3 years ago#2
Are you using a flashdrive?
Gamefaqs most "liked" and respected poster. Global warming is real. My IQ is 143 Mensa certified.
Evolution is fact. Gamefaqs Life coach and mentor.

r199
3 years ago#3
Mander1861 posted...

Yes I have disc 1 installed to my USB.

User Info: Mander1861

Mander1861
3 years ago#4
r199 posted...
Mander1861 posted...

Arent you supposed to install disc 1 to your HD and disc 2 to your flash?
Gamefaqs most "liked" and respected poster. Global warming is real. My IQ is 143 Mensa certified.
Evolution is fact. Gamefaqs Life coach and mentor.

r199
3 years ago#5
Mander1861 posted...
r199 posted...
Mander1861 posted...

Arent you supposed to install disc 1 to your HD and disc 2 to your flash?

I tried that, still freezes. I've seen some other people post about freezing as well, how come Rockstar hasn't put a patch or something

User Info: cammy121

cammy121
3 years ago#6
I have the same problem on xbox 360 and have tried the same stuff as this guy.

rockstar make us pay 50 pounds for a game they knew wouldnt work on old consoles...

User Info: Eternal_Warlord

Eternal_Warlord
3 years ago#7
cammy121 posted...

rockstar make us pay 50 pounds for a game they knew wouldnt work on old consoles...

Works great on my PS3 which is going on 4 years old now. I keep it in as best a shape as I possibly can.
Got back from Oregon 07/05/2010. Wasn't gonna leave but then I saw this: http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/9075/sam1064.jpg
psn: EternalGST

r199
3 years ago#8
Eternal_Warlord posted...
cammy121 posted...

Works great on my PS3 which is going on 4 years old now. I keep it in as best a shape as I possibly can.

My 360 is in great shape, every other game works good. There has to be a way to fix this...

User Info: flyersfan87

flyersfan87
3 years ago#9
Man that sucks. I have an old white 360 arcade. I have the install disc on the HDD and the play disc on a flash drive and I have experience little to no pop-in, smooth framerate, and no crashes whatsoever.

Have you tried running the play disc completely uninstalled?

You should also do a speed test for your flash drive if you haven't already. Digital Foundry had suggested a read speed of at least 15 mbps.

User Info: Eternal_Warlord

Eternal_Warlord
3 years ago#10
r199 posted...
Eternal_Warlord posted...
cammy121 posted...

My 360 is in great shape, every other game works good. There has to be a way to fix this...

Sounds like my experience with Skyrim on PS3 when it first came out. Had to wait like 2 months just for a good patch. FU Bethesda.

I don't know what else you could possibly do to improve the performance. I remember trying all sorts of crap with Skyrim. I cleaned out my vents, deleted half my hard drive(all music and TV I don't have use for anymore), cleaned the crap outta the disc I even restored default settings and nothing worked.

Then they patched it and now it works fine. So you may just have to wait for a patch.
Got back from Oregon 07/05/2010. Wasn't gonna leave but then I saw this: http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/9075/sam1064.jpg
psn: EternalGST
  1. Boards
  2. Grand Theft Auto V
  3. GTA V Keeps Freezing My 360

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived