Ok...so can we personally affect stock prices or no???

#1nuschler2212Posted 9/23/2013 7:38:47 AM
I'm reading tons of conflicting information regarding this topic.

Some say that if you go out and (for example) shoot down a bunch of Air Emu planes, the competitors stock will go up in your game.

I'm also reading that it's only the community as a whole that affects stock prices. So if I shoot damage one competitor's assets, it's really not going to matter unless the community as a whole is doing it as well.

I have been trying to affect the Aug Insurance by destroying a bunch of cars, and so far have seen the price fall from up eight percent to up seven percent. Hardly worth doing it considering that's probably just natural movement anyway.

This could be because not enough time has passed in my game (reasonable) or because it doesn't do anything (also reasonable).

Conjecture aside, is there anything from Rock Star (which I couldn't find) that says positively one way or the other? Perhaps in a strategy guide or something.

Let me know, and if I find the information as well, I'll be sure to post it.

Thanks. :)
---
I put my pants on just like the rest of you, one leg at a time. Except, once my pants are on, I write brilliant posts.
#2l337BossmanPosted 9/23/2013 7:41:23 AM
Go rob a few armored cars and their stock plummets. I'm not sure about the whole blowing up competitors trucks thing.

Keep in mind this would not impact bawsaqs stocks which are online only.
---
i7-3770K / 32 GB RAM / 128 GB SSD / GeForce 770
#3gamester091Posted 9/23/2013 7:42:43 AM
l337Bossman posted...
Go rob a few armored cars and their stock plummets. I'm not sure about the whole blowing up competitors trucks thing.

Yeah the bawsaq stock is going to be effected by online play
---
That's like filling your house with bears and then since the bears are a problem, filling it with tigers to fight them. -Faust_8
#4BigRobb2389Posted 9/23/2013 8:11:31 AM
gamester091 posted...
l337Bossman posted...

Yeah the bawsaq stock is going to be effected by online play

that's awesome.
#5Ordained_KillerPosted 9/23/2013 8:47:48 AM
Taken straight from IGN...
Buy low, sell high, and destroy airplanes while doing it.

The biggest reward for completing the final heist in GTA V's story is the large sum of money you earn for each of the three characters. Each of the methods below will earn you a couple thousand dollars at a time, but that's just pennies and dimes compared to the price of the most expensive property in the game. You're not going to be earning the $150 million required to purchase the golf course if you're only picking up a couple thousand dollars every ten minutes.

For every FlyUS corporation, you have an AirEmu corporation. These two stock market options are one of many competitors, and as such, when one falls, the other will rise. This means that if you invest heavily in AirEmu stock, and travel to the airport to destroy nothing but FlyUS airplanes, the value of your stock in AirEmu will raise, and you'll be able to sell it back for more than you purchased it for.

Afraid of the attention you'll receive from the police? Decrease that attention by purchasing a hangar at the airport before the sabotage. Only Michael and Franklin can purchase hangars from the Los Santos International Airport, but doing so will allow you to strut around the airport without gaining any stars, making this sabotage that much easier.

If you're not far enough into the game to purchase a hangar from the Los Santos International Airport, you could always invest in TacoBomb, and destroy nothing but CluckingBell trucks. Make your pick from the chart of rivals below:

CoolBeans BeanMachine
Burgershot Up-An-Atom
Clucking Bell TacoBomb
FlyUS AirEmu
GoPostal PostOP
Bilkington DollarPills
Pisswasser Logger
MazeBank BankOfLiberty
Redwood Debonaire
Slaughter, Slaughter & Slaughter. Bullhead
RadioLosSantos WorldwideFM
ECola Raine