Will infinite 25K money glitch and scuba gear from the start be patched Oct1st?

#1ItsAnAddictionPosted 9/24/2013 10:00:54 PM
I'm not gonna lie its easy cash to come by in single player but do you think it will be patched on the online launch?
#2The_nibletPosted 9/24/2013 10:02:13 PM
If they do they better fix the damn stock market because otherwise money is hard to make.
---
http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/4723/mudcrabkill.png
The Infamous Mobb Deep.
#3ItsAnAddiction(Topic Creator)Posted 9/24/2013 10:05:22 PM
The_niblet posted...
If they do they better fix the damn stock market because otherwise money is hard to make.

I thought I was just having bad luck with the stock. I notice now a lot of people have problems with it.
#4The_nibletPosted 9/24/2013 10:10:16 PM
ItsAnAddiction posted...
The_niblet posted...

I thought I was just having bad luck with the stock. I notice now a lot of people have problems with it.

Well, I guess it isn't confirmed, but I heavily suspect, as do others, that it is glitched.

it seems like rockstar had it set up so you could drive up one companies stocks by attack their rival company, but it doesn't work.

I mean, I am quite sure IGN published an article saying the exact same thing, attack one companies assets to drive their price down and cause the other to rise.
---
http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/4723/mudcrabkill.png
The Infamous Mobb Deep.
#5gvandalePosted 9/24/2013 10:43:25 PM
I doubt it'll be patched by October 1, here's why...

1. GTA: O has had a 10/1 release date for a while. I've read that it is basically all on the discs, and they're just buttoning up their servers, etc now.

2. It takes a long while to get a patch out to XBL/PSN. First, game dev needs to know of the issue, which by now they do. Then they have to write the patch, etc. Then the dev has to submit said patch to XBL/PSN which has about a 1-2 week processing time.

At best, we could see it patched by mid October...
---
XBL: Darth Vandale, PSN: gvandale
Battle.net: Gvandale#1921
#6xtacbPosted 9/24/2013 10:46:31 PM
xbla has to approve patches, which takes a while
---
Do you really wanna live in a world without Coca-Cola?
#7kikookPosted 9/24/2013 10:47:18 PM
ItsAnAddiction posted...
The_niblet posted...

No, the problem is people want to get big bucks from it and R* wanted to make it realistic. The stock market isn't buggy in itself but a valid problem is the charts are sometimes wrong. I use the stock market a lot in this game and it works fine for me. I don't make a lot of money but I make at least a 5 percent return majority of the time. 5 percent of 10 mil is good enough. One time I got a 10 percent return off 100 mil, which was a 1 mil return.

You just have to spend a lot to make a lot, just like real life.
---
Bumbleness Supreme Brady.
#8thekosmicfool part 2Posted 9/24/2013 11:01:11 PM
kikook posted...
ItsAnAddiction posted...
The_niblet posted...

No, the problem is people want to get big bucks from it and R* wanted to make it realistic. The stock market isn't buggy in itself but a valid problem is the charts are sometimes wrong. I use the stock market a lot in this game and it works fine for me. I don't make a lot of money but I make at least a 5 percent return majority of the time. 5 percent of 10 mil is good enough. One time I got a 10 percent return off 100 mil, which was a 1 mil return.

You just have to spend a lot to make a lot, just like real life.

*sigh*.

In order to purchase every business and property in the game, you need hundreds of millions of dollars.

Lester starts giving you assassination missions very early in the game. If you do those missions as they are handed out, as most people would, at the end of the game you will have made it impossible to get the hundreds of millions you need. And since there is no other way to get that kind of money, and since the stock market is clearly set up with a focus on driving prices up by hurting rival companies, the fact that you cannot affect the stock prices in free roam is either a bug or a heavily planned and thought out feature that was abandoned to forever tease us.

Furthermore, for a lot of people, the stock prices crawl. Fractions of a % gain after weeks of checking in-game. An investment of 100,000 dollars paying out with an $80 profit after many in-game days.

It is not working properly, damn it.
---
No deal, McCutcheon. That moon money is mine!
gfaqs9...Never forget. Never forget.
#9dave34Posted 9/24/2013 11:07:00 PM
kikook posted...
One time I got a 10 percent return off 100 mil, which was a 1 mil return.

:/
---
LOLskins - 10-6
Good run guys.