Well *beep* you too R*/Take Two

#1SendenPosted 9/25/2013 5:05:58 AM
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-09-25-grand-theft-auto-online-micro-transaction-pack-prices-revealed

Now Rockstar haven't confirmed it but I think with Eurogamer covering it, I'd assume it's all but official. I hope my assumptions are incorrect and I'd love for nothing more for someone to come in here and laugh in my face and call out Eurogamer for being as bad as say Kotaku.

Anyway.. what in the actual *beep*? They've made so much money already from GTA 5 and rightly so.. the game is amazing and they deserve all the success both critically and financially but it's always MORE MONEY. Yes it's a business so please don't play that card.. they could have easily made a whole ton through micro-transactions without completely killing off many gamers hype for it.

I was going to spend so much time on GTA Online.. I really wanted to get all the cool stuff and have that satisfying feeling that I've earned it but now, what's the point? Wasn't the whole idea of GTA Online is to earn loads of money and show off your vanity items? Ofcourse there is competitive mp modes too which look fun but what set GTAO apart from other games was the MMO like aspects. But really, where is the satisfaction in any of the vanity items when someone can get all that without even spending a single minute ingame?

It's just pure greed and has completely ruined all my hype for GTA Online which looked so freaking awesome. Why are they so desperate for money that they are destroying a lot of the satisfaction from the MMO aspects? It's disgusting and I'd even go as far to say that not even EA would stoop this low for $$$.
#2SteadyingMeatPosted 9/25/2013 5:07:45 AM
Well that's kind of more money than I thought they'd cost.
---
" hey meat-kun y you no sig? :| "
#3Mvsevm_of_SkinPosted 9/25/2013 5:08:26 AM
Yet any potential access to these items can only be unlocked when your character ranks up.

This means that, even with extra money from cash packs, a low-level character will have few options to initially spend it on. Players start with the option to buy just pistols and a single set of tyres.

GTA Online's micro-transactions may provide less of a boosting mechanic than first expected, then, although limited-time consumables will also be available.

---
"Politics and Religion are obsolete. The time has come for Science and Spirituality." - Jawaharlal Nehru
#4Muse1001Posted 9/25/2013 5:10:06 AM
You don't HAVE to buy them..if you don't wanna spend the money then don't?
#5rusty5150Posted 9/25/2013 5:10:43 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#6Super_Game_guruPosted 9/25/2013 5:11:02 AM
I can understand your concern, but this is a lot different than the "Soldier/Weapon packs" of ME3, at least here it's entirely optional, and with all the ways of getting easy money, fairly useless.

Also, aren't you able to take money from players you've killed? If so, it would be an easy way of taking advantage of saps.
---
PSN: Voknelim Gamertag: Soviet Milenkov
#7bjay88Posted 9/25/2013 5:11:52 AM
Who cares, let the chumps get their flashy cars, we'll earn them the old fashion way, through blood sweat and tears.
---
This space intentionally left blank.
#8FoppePosted 9/25/2013 5:13:46 AM
Why are people so angry?
If it can't be used to boost your character, why whine about it?
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#9Superman070776Posted 9/25/2013 5:14:42 AM
Why does anyone care? When you played GTA IV, did you care how much money you had online? Did you just run around shooting people and playing the different racing modes? Did you just run around and look for random stuff to get into? That is what most people do. If the rumor is true, some people will buy in-game money and get stuff faster, but most of us will just do what we have always done in GTA games, and won't care about the cash aspect.

And your other point makes no sense. Rockstar is not the first company to have microtransactions. They aren't even in a small group. Many, many games use them. Nothing wrong with it. If you look at the microtransactions and decide it is worth the cash to you...you will buy it. If not, you don't. It isn't like they are holding a gun to your head. And because of how GTAO is, there is no Pay-to-Win because you don't really ever "win".
---
https://www.youtube.com/user/BoilingKoolaid
Gamertag: BoilingKoolaid
#10crawdadPosted 9/25/2013 5:15:23 AM
Super_Game_guru posted...
I can understand your concern, but this is a lot different than the "Soldier/Weapon packs" of ME3, at least here it's entirely optional, and with all the ways of getting easy money, fairly useless.

Also, aren't you able to take money from players you've killed? If so, it would be an easy way of taking advantage of saps.

I actually liked the Booster packs in ME3, most of the people that actually paid real money for them sucked so badly anyway. All my wepaons i got legitimately through many hours and Even withs ome of my stuff being a bit weaker I can still kill faster and more efficiently than those.

As long as the stuff in GTAO is 100% obtainable freely without real world costs, I fully support these microtransactions. It'll keep the rest of the content free and the idots with more money than us are free to continue to support the game for the rest of us.

Much like ME3 and it's 4 or 5 free DLCs with over 60 total characters and more than doubling the original map and weapon count.
---
Spit in the face of life and have a good day out of sheer f****** spite!
GT:Gojirra PSN Gojirra102 steamcommunity.com/id/crawdad