So after I got screwed by the LifeInvader and Richards Majestic stocks...

#1ROFLMEOWPosted 9/25/2013 10:34:06 PM(edited)
...with Michael, I invested about $26 million of Franklin's money (which is almost all I had with him) into Pisswasser, since it was at a low point and starting an upward trend, unlike just about every other stock at the time. When I bought it, it was trading at about $11.50 per share. Now it's down to almost $4 and still falling. Same thing happened with TacoBomb, Bilkington, and Bean Machine.

I've come to the conclusion that, at least in my case, investing in a stock *causes* it to crash.

Does anyone have any ideas? Am I inadvertently doing something to drive down Pisswasser's stock price? I haven't touched any of its trucks.
---
"NOOOOO!!! How will I juggle?!"
#2UnCool_HeadPosted 9/25/2013 10:35:11 PM
Hahaha!

I bought about 36 shares of Tinkle after giving this numbers-guy a ride to the airport. 15000 c. invested. After a few days, I got 4000$ of profit. Decided to wait to get more and, bam! Now it's -900$.
---
Please, correct my grammar if possible... seriously. I'm not being ironic.
#3zeroboboPosted 9/25/2013 10:38:35 PM
the stocks aren't worth heavily investing in unless its related to a mission.
---
Gamertag: Clonedzero
#4H4mDemonPosted 9/25/2013 10:40:28 PM
zerobobo posted...

This. After investing in several companies at low points and waiting several in-game weeks to turn a profit I decided that the stock market was a malicious entity that eats your money and drinks your tears.

Who says video games aren't educational?
---
GT: KurtnKevin
Pawn: Hawk, Fighter, Scather/Challenger
#5ROFLMEOW(Topic Creator)Posted 9/25/2013 10:41:54 PM
zerobobo posted...

How else am I supposed to get money in the postgame, with Lester's missions completed already? The only option I can see is to use the money glitch (featured on Youtube, involving a briefcase containing $25,000), but I'd have to switch and grab that case 6,000 times just to be able to afford the golf course.
---
#6Crimson PhantomPosted 9/25/2013 10:47:31 PM
They are pretty much random

so what you do if you want to recover (and hopefully you didn't save after the drop or it'll take longer)

invest into some stocks with everything you have... I don't care which any stock will do, but for kicks and giggles pick the one with the lowest share value

now

sleep and don't save for a while then check the stocks, if they went up you made money yay... cash out, save, and then repeat

if you lost money boo... press start, load game, reinvest in something else
---
i7 2600k 5.4 (!) GHZ | H70 Hydro Cooling | 1TB SATA3 6GB/S HHD | 8 GB DDR3-1600 Dominator Ram | AMD Radeon HD 6970 | 850W Power
#7Achronos117Posted 9/25/2013 10:47:39 PM
I too have noticed that aside from the Lester missions, the stock market is pretty much broken. The only other tip I can say is buy up the stock that plummets after whichever Lester mission, and make even more money when that stock returns to power. In my game Redwood Cigarettes have pulled a 250% turn around after going down. Unfortunately I didn't invest in them at all and only made a $120k total profit on Debonaire, but I was able to save three of Lester's hits for after the campaign so hopefully I can get enough money to buy the golf course.
---
Quick, to the Hinden-Peter!
#8ROFLMEOW(Topic Creator)Posted 9/25/2013 10:51:18 PM
Supposedly there are ways to manipulate certain stocks, typically by blowing up their company vehicles. Is there a way to boost the Pisswasser and Richards Majestic prices, or are the tens of millions of dollars invested in each gone forever?
---
#9VelvenCrossPosted 9/25/2013 10:53:36 PM
Ive only managed to get 100+ point profits from sitting on SSS and GRP a long ass time. Everything else is chump change, and very unstable, well... all of them are unstable. The graphs aren't even accurate, why are they in the game?
#10ROFLMEOW(Topic Creator)Posted 9/25/2013 10:59:08 PM(edited)
Achronos117 posted...
I too have noticed that aside from the Lester missions, the stock market is pretty much broken. The only other tip I can say is buy up the stock that plummets after whichever Lester mission, and make even more money when that stock returns to power. In my game Redwood Cigarettes have pulled a 250% turn around after going down. Unfortunately I didn't invest in them at all and only made a $120k total profit on Debonaire, but I was able to save three of Lester's hits for after the campaign so hopefully I can get enough money to buy the golf course.

I bought the LifeInvader stock after it plummeted from that cell phone blast, and it is still down several real time days later, after I've beaten the game. I was invested in Redwood, but it didn't move at all for a while after the juror assassinations, and then later started to dip, so I sold it to cut my losses. It just seems like the stocks in my game don't work like those in most others' games.

And yes, those graphs are unbelievably stupid. They are not even remotely close to accurate. Same with the percentage gains/losses. When I first invested in Pisswasser, it immediately showed a 50% gain even though the stock price hadn't yet changed.
---