Did Rockstar lie about the size of the map? Or is it just me...

#1kakoratePosted 9/27/2013 5:13:26 PM
But, wasn't the map in this game supposed to be larger than San Andreas and Red Dead Redemption combined...? This map seems to actually be smaller than both games to me.

Were they talking about the expansions for GTA Online or something? Because this map is SMALL...
---
Death is only the beginning.
GT: BmorePride
#2dadkwasherePosted 9/27/2013 5:14:32 PM
Maybe the roads are more simpler? I agree though, it doesn't feel much larger. Its definitely bigger than GTA IV, though.
---
*Raises Fire Emblem, casts flame resistance spell, wears varia suit, equips flame terrenial, and goes under fallout bunker* Punished Snake approves...maybe?
#3DentenshiPosted 9/27/2013 5:14:54 PM
Before you keep talking are you going off memory? Or have you actually played those games recently?
---
GT:Dentenshi PSN:wolfkeeper YouTube:SubeteObscurity
#4TonkinatorPosted 9/27/2013 5:14:58 PM
I'm disappointed that the map isn't as big as I thought it would be.

But claiming it's bigger than San Andreas, GTA IV and Red Dead Redemption combined? Typical marketing bullcrap, even when you factor in all the underwater areas you can swim to in GTA V.
---
PSN ID: AJ_Radio
#5MartanoPosted 9/27/2013 5:15:02 PM
They are probably counting the ocean.
#6wirymo123Posted 9/27/2013 5:15:18 PM
Idk how anyone could say it feels "small". I respect everyone's opinions, but it feels absolutely massive to me.
---
GT- FuzzyPillow19
Go Indy!
#7aj4x94Posted 9/27/2013 5:16:04 PM
When you trim the fat and cut out all the bridges, I guess it is bigger.
---
Playing: Hotline Miami, System Shock 2, GTA V, Siren Blood Curse, ICO/Shadow of the Colossus, Splinter Cell Blacklist
PSN: T-Snake94, XBL: T-Snake 94
#8kakorate(Topic Creator)Posted 9/27/2013 5:16:57 PM
Dentenshi posted...
Before you keep talking are you going off memory? Or have you actually played those games recently?

Yeah, I've played both recently. I bough the Xbox Arcade version of San Andreas a couple weeks ago when it went on sale for 5 bucks and have owned RDR since launch.

I'm hoping they mean the online maps that will be added. :-/
---
Death is only the beginning.
GT: BmorePride
#9wirymo123Posted 9/27/2013 5:18:12 PM
There were several things that I found not as great as I thought they would be, but the map was more than suffice for me. I think it's huge and I love how diverse it is.
---
GT- FuzzyPillow19
Go Indy!
#10TheGm86Posted 9/27/2013 5:19:57 PM
wirymo123 posted...
Idk how anyone could say it feels "small". I respect everyone's opinions, but it feels absolutely massive to me.

Because they are on the pot and broke their ability to perceive and comprehend.

San Andreas seems big since every Road outside of a city is a winding one up a hill.

Red Dead seems big since it is empty and you get around with 1 horse power.
---
You can't grasp the true form of TheGM's post.
TheGM Adventures X: Rondo of Awesome!!!