Do African-Americans actually speak the way they do in this game IRL?

#11Casul346Posted 9/29/2013 1:10:23 AM
The only african american I know is Charlise Theron. She doesn't talk like that.

There are a lot of people in america (mostly black but some white) who talk just as depicted in game.

The guy who plays franklin is an ex-gang member.
---
To gamefaqs moderators and administrators, scientific facts are "racist garbage."
#12tzar_666Posted 9/29/2013 1:12:42 AM
hold on i dropped my aquanet
---
psn tzar666
xbox davethebakerx2
#13DeverothPosted 9/29/2013 1:14:05 AM
Dave Matthews (of Dave Matthews Band fame) is an African American. my guess is no, he doesn't talk like Lamar and Franklin.
---
IT'S ALL PIPES!
#14Strakadh_OFPosted 9/29/2013 1:17:57 AM
African-Americans? I highly doubt it. Black Americans? Some do of course, just like a lot of white and Hispanic people do, but not like Lamar or something I hope you don't think there are a lot of people that annoying.

An African American is someone that was born in Africa and became a naturalized American, black people are Americans, that's the whole damn point of America.

Using the term African American just instantly shows what an absolute whitey someone is lol. I don't think I ever called a black person an African American to their face, Ive also never been called a European American or Caucasian American either, which I would find very stupid.

I know this is a game site so it should be expected, but I cant believe how white bread you guys are. I swear I am the only white person here that has lived with black people and had them as a big portion of my friends. Lived with Mexicans too(yes Mexicans not south/central Americans I know the difference), they are really awesome to live around if you befriend a family. Brought me food all the damn time lol nothing beats real homemade Mexican food.

Its pretty sad how white people act about trying to be friends with black people, like its some hard thing. Yes, we are different, maybe less so for me since I grew up with them, but we are all people, capable of havin fun doing the same stuff and being cool with each other.

Though there are quite a few that will basically shun you and not trust you because your white, that's a shame. They are pretty open about it too which can be a little jarring when your trying to be nice to them, at least racist white people have mostly been shamed into keeping it to personal conversations with bubba or dog whistling.
---
--KazamaKojinrai--
Exactly correct TC. This is how Steam has been doing it for years and it works fine.[Shill ProTip:Log into an alt before praising yourself]
#15OkamiCloud7Posted 9/29/2013 1:21:29 AM
Ignorance is bliss as they say...

It's not that black people talk like that. It's generally those born/raised in the hood/ghetto environments along with the music and clothing and most importantly the mentality. That means black,white,latinos, Asians etc etc

As for the guy who said its a recent thing.... No it's not.... I've been hearing it a lot since I was 15.... I'm 25 10 yards of people talking just like Lamar...

I was one... Cloths are comfortable tho. Baggy pajamas! Lol
---
your like sugar with boobs. Reading your posts gives me diabetes. _mimi_
#16tzar_666Posted 9/29/2013 1:23:57 AM
OkamiCloud7 posted...
Ignorance is bliss as they say...

It's not that black people talk like that. It's generally those born/raised in the hood/ghetto environments along with the music and clothing and most importantly the mentality. That means black,white,latinos, Asians etc etc

As for the guy who said its a recent thing.... No it's not.... I've been hearing it a lot since I was 15.... I'm 25 10 yards of people talking just like Lamar...

I was one... Cloths are comfortable tho. Baggy pajamas! Lol

im 40 and no one used the n word 20 years ago
---
psn tzar666
xbox davethebakerx2
#17ConradimusPrimePosted 9/29/2013 1:30:16 AM
liljroc1800 posted...
Yeah, most of us aren't from Africa. Our ancestors might be but and African American is an actual African who became an American citizen. We're just American, or as some like to go by ethnic groups then black. I'd rather be one of the second two.The whole Latin/Chinese/Japanese/ whatever else American thing is just stupid if you're an American citizen. I'm not from Africa.

Individuals have their own views.

I'm with you in that you're American. I doubt anybody in your family has been "African" in a very long time. Black is a physical descriptor (obviously brown makes more sense, but it's a colloquial thing). All people of a dark skin tone aren't necessarily African OR American so the phrase can wind up holding little meaning very quickly.

I don't like being called Caucasian because it doesn't mean anything to me. I've never been to the Caucus mountains, and nobody in my bloodline has been there in hundreds of years or greater. I'm certainly white though.

But since some people find the terms white and black to be well... Too black and white, occasionally offensive, I use flavors.

Because if I call a guy who I think is Hispanic (but is actually a Pacific Islander) mocha, I'm not wrong if his skin is still mocha. I didn't offend where he's from, I just explained the color of his skin (and let's be honest, mocha is delicious). Same goes for chocolate (both Milk and special dark) and vanilla.

I'm very vanilla.
#18TaikutsunaPosted 9/29/2013 1:31:55 AM
Casul346 posted...
The only african american I know is Charlise Theron. She doesn't talk like that.

There are a lot of people in america (mostly black but some white) who talk just as depicted in game.

The guy who plays franklin is an ex-gang member.

You know Charlize Therone?
---
Some people are so naive that they would believe the world was Round if you told them it was.
#19Strakadh_OFPosted 9/29/2013 1:33:18 AM
ConradimusPrime posted...
liljroc1800 posted...
Yeah, most of us aren't from Africa. Our ancestors might be but and African American is an actual African who became an American citizen. We're just American, or as some like to go by ethnic groups then black. I'd rather be one of the second two.The whole Latin/Chinese/Japanese/ whatever else American thing is just stupid if you're an American citizen. I'm not from Africa.

I'm with you in that you're American. I doubt anybody in your family has been "African" in a very long time. Black is a physical descriptor (obviously brown makes more sense, but it's a colloquial thing). All people of a dark skin tone aren't necessarily African OR American so the phrase can wind up holding little meaning very quickly.

I don't like being called Caucasian because it doesn't mean anything to me. I've never been to the Caucus mountains, and nobody in my bloodline has been there in hundreds of years or greater. I'm certainly white though.

But since some people find the terms white and black to be well... Too black and white, occasionally offensive, I use flavors.

Because if I call a guy who I think is Hispanic (but is actually a Pacific Islander) mocha, I'm not wrong if his skin is still mocha. I didn't offend where he's from, I just explained the color of his skin (and let's be honest, mocha is delicious). Same goes for chocolate (both Milk and special dark) and vanilla.

I'm very vanilla.

What about Asians?

Because they are supposedly yellow, I must be partially color blind because I see white people with different facial features.
---
--KazamaKojinrai--
Exactly correct TC. This is how Steam has been doing it for years and it works fine.[Shill ProTip:Log into an alt before praising yourself]
#20spikethedevilPosted 9/29/2013 2:01:15 AM
Strakadh_OF posted...
ConradimusPrime posted...
liljroc1800 posted...

I'm very vanilla.

What about Asians?

Because they are supposedly yellow, I must be partially color blind because I see white people with different facial features.

I see ever so slightly tanned with different facial features (in the case of Japan at least)
---
A garbage pod!? Its a smegging garbage pod!