Disk 2 is unreadable

#1Heretic_TeddiePosted 9/30/2013 11:06:18 AM
So I bought GTA 5 last week, completed the main missions and everything was fine. Started it today and Xbox says that disk is unreadable and won't start up the game.

I checked the disk, there are no scratches and other games work fine in my Xbox just GTA 5 disk 2. Anyone have an idea as to what could have caused this or how to fix it?
---
I heard it was amazing when the famous purple stuffed rabbit in flap-jaw space, with the turning fork, does a raw blink on Hara-kiri Rock. I need scissors! 61!
#2Muse1001Posted 9/30/2013 11:07:00 AM
Clear the cache?
#3KreativityPosted 9/30/2013 11:07:10 AM
Is your disk in a foreign language?
#4Heretic_Teddie(Topic Creator)Posted 9/30/2013 11:09:23 AM
I tried clearing the cache a couple of times and reinstalling disk 1. The only noticeable difference from when I bought it is the burn circle around the outside of the disk.
---
I heard it was amazing when the famous purple stuffed rabbit in flap-jaw space, with the turning fork, does a raw blink on Hara-kiri Rock. I need scissors! 61!
#5Carnal_SpiritPosted 10/1/2013 12:31:39 AM
Just to say I had this problem with disc 1 not disc 2.

I have a first gen xbox (cream one with no HDMI, yes, I know, it just refuses to die!) anyway my disc 1 always comes up as unreadable.

I took it round to a mates house who also has an older xbox, but newer than mine, still cream, but does have the HDMI and I tried my disc 1 on his and it had the same error.

I tried my disc 2 on his where he has already installed his disc 1 and his game loaded with my disc 2, so that seems fine.

I borrowed his disc 1 and tried it on my xbox, straight in and installed without any problem. Then I used my disc 2 and the game loads fine.

So now I will be popping back to where I purchased mine and tell them that the disc 1 they have sold me is a dud and will get a replacement.

So while I dont think the really old xboxs like these new fully loaded discs, in my tests at least can see that it was a duff disc and nothing to do with the cache, buffer size or anything else I have seen on the issue.
---
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~(\~~~~ Shark
~~~~/)~~~~\o/~~~~~~~~~~ Attack!
#6chrpskwkPosted 10/1/2013 12:37:28 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#7TatooineOutcastPosted 10/1/2013 12:42:39 AM
Heretic_Teddie posted...
I tried clearing the cache a couple of times and reinstalling disk 1. The only noticeable difference from when I bought it is the burn circle around the outside of the disk.

You or someone/thing knocked the 360 while it was on. This causes the burn circle and makes the game unreadable. :( Sorry <3
---
Xbox Live: ItsShimmers
www.ItsShimmers.com|| 3DS FC: 0320-0348-0782
#8Zeke0238Posted 10/1/2013 12:51:11 AM
Adjust your POT. Knock it down a couple hundred Ohms.
---
Molon Labe
Xbox Live Gamertag: XavierBK
#9lVlAtlZiXPosted 10/1/2013 6:27:08 AM
I have this problem only once the update finishes, if I delete the update it doesnt do this, but if I accept to install it, boom disc unreadable.
---
GT: MAtRiX 757
PSN: MAtRiX_757