Trevor is the deepest character in a GTA game *Single Player Spoilers*

#1GeneralCortezPosted 10/2/2013 3:26:24 PM
Lets talk Single Player, because its the best and only mode!

Trevor is the deepest character in a GTA game. Pretty much tells itself. His psychosis apparently comes from extreme abandonment issues and possibly even sexual abuse as a child

I honestly think alot of his violence is a put on. Notice how we dont see THAT much violence from him in cut scenes, besides stomping Johnny to death.

It was particularly obvious to me, in talking about his first meeting with Michael, he talks about the first time he killed a man..and he says that before, he had only killed deers and foxes

He hastily adds in Drifters. Likely meant to be an anti-homeless joke, but I think it was more that Trevor saw the mask slipping, and needed to keep up the front of being the violent psychopath to Lamar

Trevor needs hugs
---
"Er kann mich am Arsche lecken!"-Goetz von Berlichingen
[Papal Crusaders]
#2drinkPosted 10/2/2013 3:28:17 PM
I believe he also has abandonment issues
---
You didn't try google, you made that up...
Twist those dirty bags - Shake
#3EcotronPosted 10/2/2013 3:28:38 PM
He is and IMO Franklin is the shallowest or most generic.
#4GeneralCortez(Topic Creator)Posted 10/2/2013 3:30:55 PM
Franklin is meant to be generic I think. He still has enough story and edge to well, be a character. But yeah, obviously meant to be the Audience Surrogate

Yeah, hes 25, smoke weed, lives with an authority figure(his aunt), wants to move up in life....
---
[Papal Crusaders]
#5EcotronPosted 10/2/2013 3:32:22 PM
GeneralCortez posted...
Franklin is meant to be generic I think. He still has enough story and edge to well, be a character. But yeah, obviously meant to be the Audience Surrogate

Yeah, hes 25, smoke weed, lives with an authority figure(his aunt), wants to move up in life....

Yeah he was definitely for the San Andreas lovers
#6GeneralCortez(Topic Creator)Posted 10/2/2013 3:36:03 PM
How so? Hes not really like CJ. And I mean, if youre saying gangsta...well Franklin isnt very gangsta

I think of him being more like a talking Claude

Anyway, Trevor apparently went super mega crazy after Michael and Brad died/went to prison. Abandonment. His best friends were gone

He refuses to make close ties with Ron and Wade, even though its obvious he loves them

Apparently he kidnapped Wade, or killed his friends and decided to let him live
---
[Papal Crusaders]
#7GeneralCortez(Topic Creator)Posted 10/2/2013 3:48:09 PM
Bump for Trevor
---
[Papal Crusaders]
#8GeneralCortez(Topic Creator)Posted 10/2/2013 3:58:04 PM
I swear, you have to post something negative, or something about online to get any information

HUGS FOR TREVOR!
---
[Papal Crusaders]
#9GeneralCortez(Topic Creator)Posted 10/2/2013 4:24:46 PM
Oh COME ON

R* gave us the deepest GTA character, with so many questions to talk about, and all you Jimmies can talk about is your GTA:O
---
[Papal Crusaders]
#10johnnykevPosted 10/2/2013 4:30:00 PM
GeneralCortez posted...
Lets talk Single Player, because its the best and only mode!

Trevor is the deepest character in a GTA game. Pretty much tells itself. His psychosis apparently comes from extreme abandonment issues and possibly even sexual abuse as a child

I honestly think alot of his violence is a put on. Notice how we dont see THAT much violence from him in cut scenes, besides stomping Johnny to death.

It was particularly obvious to me, in talking about his first meeting with Michael, he talks about the first time he killed a man..and he says that before, he had only killed deers and foxes

He hastily adds in Drifters. Likely meant to be an anti-homeless joke, but I think it was more that Trevor saw the mask slipping, and needed to keep up the front of being the violent psychopath to Lamar

Trevor needs hugs

That part right there really sums it up. I agree, he's the most interesting character they've created, but what do you really want to talk about regarding him?