Crime is no longer fun.

#1ShameYuPosted 10/3/2013 8:53:56 PM
I remember when committing crimes in GTA was fun. Now, thanks to the remarkably over aggressive police system in this game, being a criminal outside of missions is tedious and annoying. You can't even attempt to rob someone without having twenty police snipers magically spawn in front of you. Previous games had it better. The police presence was still strong and challenging at higher wanted levels but you could at least put up a fight without having to back yourself into a corner. I know that the fanboys are gonna come rushing in talking about how it's more realistic, or a parody, or that I should get better, so screw off in advance.
---
"Curiosity killed the cat, and by cat I mean the reporter, and by curiosity I mean you"-Sergei from Mercenaries
#2devak108Posted 10/3/2013 8:57:15 PM
Can't do the time, don't mess with crime!
---
Better Call Saul!
#3Dr WhoopassPosted 10/3/2013 8:58:27 PM
Yu shame
---
XBL: Bitter Kevin
PSN: B1TT3R-K3V1N
#4Treason686Posted 10/3/2013 9:00:01 PM
I've been holding off on GTA this go around until there's more feedback. Could you give a more detailed example?
---
PC: Core i7 920 || 6GB DDR3 || GTX 660 Ti || HP w2408h
#5razyman2000Posted 10/3/2013 9:05:33 PM
So your saying the LOS SANTOS cops are very aggressive and unfair?

Do you know what city LOS SANTOS is satirizing?

Look if you don't like the game or parts of the game, that's perfectly understandable. Problem is all of this whining. What's the point? It bugs me the most when people on this board start demanding that Rockstar patch it to nerf the police reaction.

It's really getting overblown. The cops do react more often to murders (except melee weapon kills and unarmed kills, which feels about the same as other GTA games) but the cops have to actually get there and take so long in the desert and wilderness areas that it makes a one star "cops looking for you" level a non issue if you know how to play. In the wilderness you don't even have to really do anything to lose them, just avoid the cops if you notice them pop up on your radar.

Personally I think the new system is way more fun and actually makes crime fun again. I love the GTA series but shooting sprees and random crimes got so boring very quickly when you could just run away or shoot your way out and run away (as is the case in GTA 4, where the cops were way too easy to escape) and you were pretty much superhuman in the other GTA games.

I understand if this isn't your type of system but many of us do like the new twist on the wanted system. It's easier to get a wanted level but it's also easier to lose them so it's an interesting trade off. The fact that cops need an actual line of sight in order to chase you down really makes it easier while having a new sense of tension when you have a wanted level and the police are getting a bit too close to you.
#6ShameYu(Topic Creator)Posted 10/3/2013 9:06:30 PM
One star for doing something illegal, two for hurting someone or running from the police, three for firing at the police, four and five for fighting back after three. If it was spaced back out to six it would be fine, but the wanted level raises so quickly that if you don't always have full body armor, you're screwed. After two stars, the police begin to spawn at intersections you're approaching which resets the "cool down" period to lose your wanted level. Additionally they usually come at you in groups of at least six and they NEVER miss or they go all kamikaze and just ram you with their cars. Outside of missions, this is not a very fun game to play because it's way too easy to die.
---
"Curiosity killed the cat, and by cat I mean the reporter, and by curiosity I mean you"-Sergei from Mercenaries
#7hellfire582Posted 10/3/2013 9:08:47 PM
ShameYu posted...
I remember when committing crimes in GTA was fun. Now, thanks to the remarkably over aggressive police system in this game, being a criminal outside of missions is tedious and annoying. You can't even attempt to rob someone without having twenty police snipers magically spawn in front of you. Previous games had it better. The police presence was still strong and challenging at higher wanted levels but you could at least put up a fight without having to back yourself into a corner. I know that the fanboys are gonna come rushing in talking about how it's more realistic, or a parody, or that I should get better, so screw off in advance.

Yea I actually agree completely. And it's not just a problem when you're trying to commit crimes; it's a problem when you're just messing around trying to explore or do stunts or whatever.

Sometimes, you'll get a star just for stealing a car at the wrong time. Of course, this happened in the other games and wasn't a huge problem before. But now, it takes a ridiculously long time to get rid of even a single star. It's not that it's difficult, it's just tedious. You have to get off the cops' radar and then just sit there and wait before you can get back to playing the game. It's really nothing more than an interruption that detracts from the game. I don't mind long wanted times for higher star levels, but they really ought to lower it for one and two star ratings.
#8razyman2000Posted 10/3/2013 9:09:21 PM
The "you can't even rob someone without having 20 police snipers magically spawn" comment isn't even an exaggeration, it's just a lie.

If you need to make things up to be mad over with a game, it's not the game that's the problem. It seems you are more interested in tearing this game down then you are in enjoying it. that's really sad considering how much time you are spending on this board.

Police snipers don't "magically spawn" and robbing a store produces a one star wanted level, even if you shoot the clerk (I shot the clerk?) and the police (usually one car) have to actually get to you which, even in the city, gives you plenty of time to get a vehicle they are not searching for and drive off to safety.
#9ShameYu(Topic Creator)Posted 10/3/2013 9:10:39 PM
razyman2000 posted...
So your saying the LOS SANTOS cops are very aggressive and unfair?

Do you know what city LOS SANTOS is satirizing?

Look if you don't like the game or parts of the game, that's perfectly understandable. Problem is all of this whining. What's the point? It bugs me the most when people on this board start demanding that Rockstar patch it to nerf the police reaction.

It's really getting overblown. The cops do react more often to murders (except melee weapon kills and unarmed kills, which feels about the same as other GTA games) but the cops have to actually get there and take so long in the desert and wilderness areas that it makes a one star "cops looking for you" level a non issue if you know how to play. In the wilderness you don't even have to really do anything to lose them, just avoid the cops if you notice them pop up on your radar.

Personally I think the new system is way more fun and actually makes crime fun again. I love the GTA series but shooting sprees and random crimes got so boring very quickly when you could just run away or shoot your way out and run away (as is the case in GTA 4, where the cops were way too easy to escape) and you were pretty much superhuman in the other GTA games.

I understand if this isn't your type of system but many of us do like the new twist on the wanted system. It's easier to get a wanted level but it's also easier to lose them so it's an interesting trade off. The fact that cops need an actual line of sight in order to chase you down really makes it easier while having a new sense of tension when you have a wanted level and the police are getting a bit too close to you.

Thank you for hitting every one of my predictions. And the police don't take any time to show up in the wilderness, you can fire your gun in the middle of nowhere with nobody around, and they'll be on you like white on rice in no time at all.
---
#10razyman2000Posted 10/3/2013 9:12:36 PM
hellfire582 posted...
ShameYu posted...

Yea I actually agree completely. And it's not just a problem when you're trying to commit crimes; it's a problem when you're just messing around trying to explore or do stunts or whatever.

Sometimes, you'll get a star just for stealing a car at the wrong time. Of course, this happened in the other games and wasn't a huge problem before. But now, it takes a ridiculously long time to get rid of even a single star. It's not that it's difficult, it's just tedious. You have to get off the cops' radar and then just sit there and wait before you can get back to playing the game. It's really nothing more than an interruption that detracts from the game. I don't mind long wanted times for higher star levels, but they really ought to lower it for one and two star ratings.

Have you seriously not read this already?

It only takes "so long to get rid of the wanted level" because you are not understanding how it works. If you hide in an alley or bushes or a car they are not searching for, the time it takes for the wanted level disappear shortens by quite a bit. To the point where it takes less time than it did in SA.

Complaining that the wanted level "Takes too long to get rid of" is like complaining that it's impossible to fly in the game. We are having no issue with it, I know this sounds unfair but it sounds like you're just not very good at the game. That's not a bad thing, some people really don't have the time or energy to spend developing skill at a game but it's just a challenge, not a flaw.

If Megaman was released today, you people would be calling it the most flawed game of all time.